Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

next noob question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> next noob question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
next noob question - 6/11/2014 2:15:22 PM   
xatharas

Yep even after 50 hours+ I consider myself a noob

So I started a new game and build a couple of mining stations, all well and good but when I go back and check it a little later, fuel is depleting as I watch?? So I checked another one and that one has no fuel or energy left!
Even the one mining Caslon is depleting, what is happening here?

all help is welcome
Post #: 1
RE: next noob question - 6/11/2014 2:24:40 PM   
Ahura86

If you are playing from shadow start, then they wont come with energy collectors as standard, which means the reactor will burn fuel to power the station. The same is true for your ships, which will burn through fuel even if they are just sitting in the gravity well of one of your planets.

(in reply to xatharas)
Post #: 2
RE: next noob question - 6/11/2014 2:29:22 PM   
xatharas

It's a shadows start but I've got energy collectors on them and they still slowly deplete. I might be wrong but in my other games this didn't happen (although I probably didn't check). So if the fuel goes to zero the station is useless?

< Message edited by xatharas -- 6/11/2014 3:30:13 PM >

(in reply to Ahura86)
Post #: 3
RE: next noob question - 6/11/2014 2:35:10 PM   
Ahura86

Have you checked that the amount the energy collectors produce is greater than the static energy usage? And no your private sector should refuel them once they get around to it. For that reason its important to spread out you caslon mining stations all around your empire so there is always a fuel source close for the transporters.

(in reply to xatharas)
Post #: 4
RE: next noob question - 6/11/2014 3:15:33 PM   
Bingeling

And as said on the War forum, energy collection is less effective in the outskirts of the system, even though I am not sure I believe that until checking for myself :)

(in reply to Ahura86)
Post #: 5
RE: next noob question - 6/11/2014 3:56:45 PM   
xatharas

I have one caslon mine in my system and yes energy collectors are all over the amount of static energy.
The mines are sitting with 0 fuel and energy for more then a year now
I'll wait untill I know what's going on, I was having a blast until now. The two stations that depleted the fastest are the ones closest to the center, so the collectors should work there. This is definitely ruining my game

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 6
RE: next noob question - 6/11/2014 5:01:47 PM   
xatharas

ok, turns out I'm just stupid
I loaded my save and checked the designs, collectors were on. So I put on two more collectors and retrofitted them, problem solved. But I started thinking and re loaded the same savegame. I checked the station components themselves, turns out the private sector never retrofitted them! the idiots!

Problem solved, that was the only thing that's on auto (it has to be), luckily i can force retrofit those ;)

thx for the help guys

(in reply to xatharas)
Post #: 7
RE: next noob question - 6/11/2014 6:02:26 PM   
Seraph86

quote:

ORIGINAL: xatharas

ok, turns out I'm just stupid
I loaded my save and checked the designs, collectors were on. So I put on two more collectors and retrofitted them, problem solved. But I started thinking and re loaded the same savegame. I checked the station components themselves, turns out the private sector never retrofitted them! the idiots!

Problem solved, that was the only thing that's on auto (it has to be), luckily i can force retrofit those ;)

thx for the help guys

it may be a bug introduced in the last patch, sometimes i get the feeling that i have to manually retrofit my stations even though i have ship design on automate and the retrofit column is on automated. would be nice if the dev would look at that :).

(in reply to xatharas)
Post #: 8
RE: next noob question - 6/17/2014 8:46:19 PM   
Ahura86

Thx for the replies, it was very helpful :)

(in reply to Seraph86)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> next noob question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI