Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

UV for Sale

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> UV for Sale Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
UV for Sale - 2/12/2003 2:07:10 PM   
AndrewN

Yes, that's right. Reluctantly, I'm putting my copy of UV up for sale. Try as I might, I just haven't had the time necessary to devote to this excellent game. My studies need to have more time devoted to them, so I'm wondering if anyone is interested in purchasing either a second copy of UV or their first.

I'm asking US$40.00 plus US$5.00 postage to anywhere in the world. I live in Australia and can guarantee airmail delivery within 10 working days, with insurance included in the price.

The CD and case are in mint condition. If desired, I can include on a separate CD the entire selection of UV patches up to the latest version 2.20 for convenience and to save downloading them for hours! :)

Since I'm probably overseas to most of you, PayPal is my preferred method of payment. If you want to check my feedback on eBay, I sell under the name "the-robotic-institute".

If anyone is interested, please email me directly on: [email]nugteren@datafast.net.au[/email]

First in, first served.
Thanks!

Edit: Even though $40.00 is a good price compared to retail, I'll also consider offers under $40.00 as well if necessary...
Post #: 1
- 2/13/2003 3:10:21 AM   
XPav

Why don't you just half.com or ebay it?

I love it when a plan comes together.

(in reply to AndrewN)
Post #: 2
- 2/13/2003 3:19:20 AM   
Veer

Ya, I think most people on the forum would already have UV. Best try additional online sellers also.

In time of war the first casualty is truth. - Boake Carter

(in reply to AndrewN)
Post #: 3
- 2/13/2003 8:11:18 AM   
AndrewN

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Veer
[B]Ya, I think most people on the forum would already have UV. Best try additional online sellers also. [/B][/QUOTE]

Good point. I know I'm posting to the fans, but perhaps someone might know someone else who was interested, or someone who is browsing the forums to investigate UV might be interested also.

Besides, UV is not that well known out there to a large number of people, so eBay and the like might suffer from a lack of exposure. At least here, we are all very interested in wargames and in this particular game (even if we might suffer from a lack of time to play it!!) :)

(in reply to AndrewN)
Post #: 4
- 2/13/2003 9:43:10 AM   
pasternakski

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AndrewN
[B]Good point. I know I'm posting to the fans, but perhaps someone might know someone else who was interested, or someone who is browsing the forums to investigate UV might be interested also.

Besides, UV is not that well known out there to a large number of people, so eBay and the like might suffer from a lack of exposure. At least here, we are all very interested in wargames and in this particular game (even if we might suffer from a lack of time to play it!!) :) [/B][/QUOTE]

I've seen UV on eBay before, and it brings about 40 bucks American. A problem might be that sellers outside the U.S. tend to get less for merchandise on eBay because of shipping costs and long delivery times.

Do you need the dough that bad? You're going to absorb quite a bit in shipping costs, apparently. I mean, you've got it now, why not keep it?

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to AndrewN)
Post #: 5
- 2/13/2003 9:52:09 AM   
AndrewN

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pasternakski
[B]You're going to absorb quite a bit in shipping costs, apparently. I mean, you've got it now, why not keep it? [/B][/QUOTE]

Shipping costs, even airmail parcel, from Australia are a lot cheaper than from the U.S., which I why I could post anywhere in the world for around US$5.00, including insurance.

I could keep it I guess, but if I'm not going to find the time to play it then it's of little use to me and much better use to someone else. :)

(in reply to AndrewN)
Post #: 6
- 2/13/2003 9:55:42 AM   
pasternakski

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AndrewN
[B]Shipping costs, even airmail parcel, from Australia are a lot cheaper than from the U.S., which I why I could post anywhere in the world for around US$5.00, including insurance.

I could keep it I guess, but if I'm not going to find the time to play it then it's of little use to me and much better use to someone else. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

But you might undergo an epiphany or unemployment or something...

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to AndrewN)
Post #: 7
- 2/13/2003 10:08:13 AM   
AndrewN

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pasternakski
[B]But you might undergo an epiphany or unemployment or something... [/B][/QUOTE]

I hope not!!

(in reply to AndrewN)
Post #: 8
- 2/13/2003 10:46:43 AM   
bradfordkay

Apparently UV has cut too much into your study time. I admire your recognition of the need for some discipline. Have you thought about a less drastic solution, like sending it to your parents for safekeeping (to prevent the temptation to play UV rather than study) until your degree is earned?

(in reply to AndrewN)
Post #: 9
- 2/13/2003 10:59:14 AM   
AndrewN

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bradfordkay
[B]... have you thought about a less drastic solution, like sending it to your parents for safekeeping (to prevent the temptation to play UV rather than study) until your degree is earned? [/B][/QUOTE]

If I were going to do that, I could give it to my wife instead! I'm sure she could arrange for safekeeping!

But I'll be studying for the next two years, by which stage WiTP will be out I imagine and things will have moved along. If someone is interested in UV now, I can help them out now and then, when I have the time, get back into things again.

(in reply to AndrewN)
Post #: 10
Oh my. - 2/14/2003 12:44:34 AM   
Poindexter

"Yes, that's right. Reluctantly, I'm putting my copy of UV up for sale. Try as I might, I just haven't had the time necessary to devote to this excellent game."

Heresy.

;)

"Nothing is over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"

(in reply to AndrewN)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> UV for Sale Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI