Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

does the AI add rep hits for being caught using pirates?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> does the AI add rep hits for being caught using pirates? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
does the AI add rep hits for being caught using pirates? - 6/12/2014 1:28:17 PM   
vmxa_slith

The title is not very clear, sorry. One race kept paying pirates to attack me. Not much I could do early in the game, but eventually I attacked them. I noticed that there was a line saying minus 5 for being dubious.

I think I had forgot to declare war, before I attacked. Still, what is dubious? I mean would you not expect to get a war, when you send pirate mission to attack me?

Does that race, know it was caught? Anyway, it just gave me a wtf moment.
Post #: 1
RE: does the AI add rep hits for being caught using pir... - 6/12/2014 2:07:25 PM   
Bingeling

There is your reputation. It goes up by killing pirates, and down by being nasty. Attacking without war is considered very nasty, and gives a huge hit to reputation. Bombardment and lots of conquest are also not so good if you want a very high reputation.

There is a relation between empires, you can see everyone's relation to you in the diplomacy screen, and what makes up this relation. There is one modifier from reputation, which is different based on the government on the empire in question.

There are other modifiers like "past dealings" that are influenced by spies caught, and probably also "knowing they hired pirates against us".

For each race, a different relation is needed to get "different deals" like trade sanctions, war, free trade... What these limits are depend on the main race of the other empire, with (I think) the friendliness deciding on how eager they are to join in on positive things.

It is very easy to get a free trade agreement with the friendly Atuuk. It is not so easy with the grumpy Haakonish. They require different relation level based on their friendliness rating.

(in reply to vmxa_slith)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> does the AI add rep hits for being caught using pirates? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI