Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Oh NO! My Colony!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Oh NO! My Colony!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Oh NO! My Colony!!! - 6/13/2014 3:29:07 AM   
Simulation01

There goes the planet!
This creature plague started at a planet with around 10-20 million colonists...they were all wiped out. A lone freighter escaped and unwittingly carried a face hugger to the nearby world of Buqret 1. Buqret 1 is a colony of over 700 million. Before the creatures were stopped the colony had dipped to less than 250 million.

The carnage didn't stop there however, a nearby alien colony was also affected quite badly.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Simulation01 -- 6/13/2014 4:30:03 AM >

"Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved Earth and Heaven; that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will." -Tennyson
Post #: 1
RE: Oh NO! My Colony!!! - 6/13/2014 3:52:42 AM   
Simulation01

Here is my plague file and image if anyone should want it. I have it organized so that if could act as a theme that you would load for the convenience of folk. Simply drop the attached folder into customization folder and load it in game as a theme. My thinking however that most people would simply grab the image and plague.txt file to be used in their own mods...with some tweaking of course.

Anyway, here is an extremely minor gift.

Attachment (1)

"Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved Earth and Heaven; that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will." -Tennyson

(in reply to Simulation01)
Post #: 2
RE: Oh NO! My Colony!!! - 6/13/2014 5:08:02 AM   
necaradan666

but an awesome one!

Post #: 3
RE: Oh NO! My Colony!!! - 6/13/2014 8:26:59 AM   
Dd_01

Will this infection receive megainfectivity bonus when transmitted via cargo ships and ore miners?
Also "Let us hope we have Sigourney Weaver at this colony"

(in reply to necaradan666)
Post #: 4
RE: Oh NO! My Colony!!! - 6/13/2014 3:53:42 PM   
elvendeathknight

Thank you. I wanted to design something like this, but you did the work for me.

(in reply to Dd_01)
Post #: 5
RE: Oh NO! My Colony!!! - 6/13/2014 5:09:06 PM   
Canaris_PL

I only need some instructions on how to integrate this with DW Universe Extended and i can die a happy man...

(in reply to elvendeathknight)
Post #: 6
RE: Oh NO! My Colony!!! - 6/13/2014 11:27:51 PM   
Simulation01

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canaris_PL

I only need some instructions on how to integrate this with DW Universe Extended and i can die a happy man...

1. What you need to do is open up the folder for Distant Worlds Extended mod and copy the plagues.txt file I uploaded into the root.

2. Next within the Distant Worlds Extended folder go to -->images-->ui--> and then simply copy the plagues folder that contains the plague symbols in there.

From what I could tell if you make a change to a mod that you've been playing the change won't take affect till you start a new game in that mod. :(

(in reply to Canaris_PL)
Post #: 7
RE: Oh NO! My Colony!!! - 6/13/2014 11:37:00 PM   
Simulation01

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dd_01

Will this infection receive megainfectivity bonus when transmitted via cargo ships and ore miners?
Also "Let us hope we have Sigourney Weaver at this colony"

LOL I think we expended our last Sigourney Weaver a few planets ago.

Unfortunately the freighter ship bit is just story flare. However, the plague is quite deadly. In fact It's almost as deadly as the Xrakator virus and, that is the deadliest plague in the game. When the plague first occurred I was pretty excited to see it however, in short order I became worried when my first colony was wiped out and my larger nearby colony became infected.

(in reply to Dd_01)
Post #: 8
RE: Oh NO! My Colony!!! - 6/14/2014 5:15:07 AM   
Mesthione

Plagues V2

I took simulations file and added two more plagues, and tried to keep them different in feel from the xenomorph infection. They both come with their own graphics.

So now this version adds three Plagues:

Xenomorph Infection
Metroids
Necromorphs

Enjoy and add more.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Mesthione -- 6/14/2014 7:29:45 AM >

Post #: 9
RE: Oh NO! My Colony!!! - 6/14/2014 9:09:21 AM   
Canaris_PL

quote:

ORIGINAL: Simulation01

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canaris_PL

1. What you need to do is open up the folder for Distant Worlds Extended mod and copy the plagues.txt file I uploaded into the root.

2. Next within the Distant Worlds Extended folder go to -->images-->ui--> and then simply copy the plagues folder that contains the plague symbols in there.

From what I could tell if you make a change to a mod that you've been playing the change won't take affect till you start a new game in that mod. :(

ITs that easy ?? Wow, neat thx.

Out of the way Xeno scum, Humanity coming through !!!!!

Post #: 10
RE: Oh NO! My Colony!!! - 6/14/2014 12:36:08 PM   
Simulation01

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mesthione

Plagues V2

I took simulations file and added two more plagues, and tried to keep them different in feel from the xenomorph infection. They both come with their own graphics.

Xenomorph Infection
Metroids
Necromorphs

Enjoy and add more.

Awesome!

(in reply to Mesthione)
Post #: 11
RE: Oh NO! My Colony!!! - 6/14/2014 1:06:01 PM   
Solarius Scorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mesthione

Xenomorph Infection
Metroids
Necromorphs

Thank the Ancients for the twisted imagination of sci-fi writers. :)
Although it is small, this addon really set me in a good mood!

Forever Future 1.7 for Call to Power - the biggest mod for the best Civilization-like game ever!

(in reply to Mesthione)
Post #: 12
RE: Oh NO! My Colony!!! - 6/14/2014 1:59:05 PM   
gerishnakov

Love this. I'm considering modding in some real world plagues, such as bubonic (the plague), and smallpox. I like the idea that a human, Earth-origin disease might wreak havoc with alien physiologies!

(in reply to Solarius Scorch)
Post #: 13
RE: Oh NO! My Colony!!! - 6/14/2014 4:50:48 PM   
Mad Igor

and here i wanted to post "and what modding have to do with this"
you disappointed me.

(in reply to gerishnakov)
Post #: 14
RE: Oh NO! My Colony!!! - 6/14/2014 4:59:23 PM   
FingNewGuy

Crickey! Grabbing all these mod files today makes it feel like an early Xmas! Thanks Sim01

(in reply to Mad Igor)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Oh NO! My Colony!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI