Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Please Turn the Defection Bug into a Feature

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Please Turn the Defection Bug into a Feature Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Please Turn the Defection Bug into a Feature - 6/14/2014 4:34:18 PM   
Tom_Holsinger

A new bug has appeared in the form of pirates and troops defecting to the enemy. See:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3634265

and

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3635662

I request that this bug be turned into a feature related to corruption. It should apply only, or almost only, to pirates who are criminals by definition, and should always involve the payment of money by a player empire to get the pirates or enemy ground troops to go away (mostly) or to defect (sometimes). If star empire troops are involved, it should only be those empires with either a lot of corruption or with governments where the troops’ loyalty is conditional or shaky.

Plus this creates a wonderful opportunity to have smarmy leaders with corrupt bargain abilities. It would be fun if hiring him/her/it had the unfortunate side-effect of increasing overall corruption in your empire. A good corrupt leader could have still more interesting, and amusing, abilities.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Please Turn the Defection Bug into a Feature Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI