Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WitW: Bomber Command and Nachtjagers?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> WitW: Bomber Command and Nachtjagers? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WitW: Bomber Command and Nachtjagers? - 6/7/2014 6:17:43 PM   
Rusty1961

Will War in the West also cover the night-bombing campaign of Bomber command and the Germans' response?

Also-assume the answer to the above is "yes"-will I have the ability to fly the German night-fighters against the American bombers as they did historically?

Thank you!
Post #: 1
RE: WitW: Bomber Command and Nachtjagers? - 6/7/2014 6:44:08 PM   
RedLancer

Yes the strategic bombing campaign and nightfighters are modelled in WitW.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to Rusty1961)
Post #: 2
RE: WitW: Bomber Command and Nachtjagers? - 6/7/2014 6:45:55 PM   
Rusty1961

Will I be able to fly the night-fighters during the day?

Will I have the same control of production as the Japanese players do in WitP?

Thank you!

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 3
RE: WitW: Bomber Command and Nachtjagers? - 6/7/2014 6:55:40 PM   
RedLancer

NF can fly by day but there is no control of production.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to Rusty1961)
Post #: 4
RE: WitW: Bomber Command and Nachtjagers? - 6/7/2014 7:06:55 PM   
Rusty1961

Thank you for your prompt responses, but why can't the Germans control production, given in BTR they could?

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 5
RE: WitW: Bomber Command and Nachtjagers? - 6/7/2014 7:14:29 PM   
RedLancer

That I can't answer as I'm only the Test Co-ord. I simply observe that WitW is an evolution of WitE which has no control over production either.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to Rusty1961)
Post #: 6
RE: WitW: Bomber Command and Nachtjagers? - 6/14/2014 8:50:46 AM   
HMSWarspite

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rusty1961

Thank you for your prompt responses, but why can't the Germans control production, given in BTR they could?

I suggest you search the forum, there have been many (many!) discussions on this. It is GG's decision, and whilst I can appreciate people wanting to improve their odds by controlling production, I have yet to see a system that is suitably accurate and realistic to go with the depth of the military modelling. BTR production could be gamed, and had innumerable suggestions to improve it. But at the end of the day, unless you have the political/commercial, the practical and the logistics of production modelled what you get is fantasy.

BTR allowed (in vanilla) 262 to be produced way early, and in hugely unrealistic numbers. Even if you accept that, you then need to give Allies the chance to counter. Yes, in RL they didnt have a jet to counter 262, bu that is because the 262 issue never really mattered to them overall. If GE managed to have hundreds of them in late 1944, I suggest the RL Allies might just have rushed a counter to them forwards.

So I am happy with the 'no production' design decision. Until someone produces an economic/military industrial model of the Axis and Allies worthy of being a game in its own right, I do not want it in a very detailed game such as this.

Now, a production system in Masters Of Orion, or any space empires game... no problem. Just if you want one in a GG game, we need to have the same debate about the maximum capacity of the cranes at Fred Smith (Furniture) Ltd, and whether they could modify previously built Mosquito wings from FBVI to BXII standard in the same way as we discuss the rate of fire of the Pak 43! If you know how many Pzkw IV production lines were really capable of making Panthers, you had better start pointing us to the sources.

Just my 2p

I have a cunning plan, My Lord

(in reply to Rusty1961)
Post #: 7
RE: WitW: Bomber Command and Nachtjagers? - 6/14/2014 10:56:04 AM   
Denniss

No production control is ok if the historical production is properly set up. In WitE production is OK but not always at the proper location.
What I really missed is the option to manually change at least vehicle types in units, especially if the automatic upgrade/swap function does not work as intended.
We are working hard on this function for 1.08.

(in reply to HMSWarspite)
Post #: 8
RE: WitW: Bomber Command and Nachtjagers? - 6/17/2014 4:07:50 AM   
cmunson

Denniss, I agree, no production control is ok. My frustration was the swap routines. You have Pz divisions with 37mm pea shooters and the computer chooses to swap out tanks in a division with Panther D's for Panther A's. Since Panther D's out of production (seems computer only likes to swap to things in production) they would likely sit there the rest of the game unless another division could use them as replacements.

Chris

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 9
RE: WitW: Bomber Command and Nachtjagers? - 6/18/2014 4:36:43 AM   
Rufus T. Firefly

I guess though that even though there is no production control, production will be effected by the strategic bombing campaign? In theory Germans could get more production than historical if they managed to somehow better defend against the bombers?

Rufus T. Firefly: Do you realize our army is facing disastrous defeat? What do you intend to do about it?
Chicolini: I've done it already. I've changed to the other side.
Firefly: What are you doing over here?
Chicolini: Well, the food is better

(in reply to cmunson)
Post #: 10
RE: WitW: Bomber Command and Nachtjagers? - 6/18/2014 7:28:36 AM   
Denniss

That's the intention, to kill axis production you have to kill their factories and you have to keep them damaged over time.
I've tried to exclude combat damage from aircraft production figures so if the facs are not bombed you get more aircraft than historical.

(in reply to Rufus T. Firefly)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> WitW: Bomber Command and Nachtjagers? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI