Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod - 6/17/2014 12:18:43 PM   
Mansen

quote:

ORIGINAL: BlackAlpha

Now you are just making a case against virtually all mods. So let's go shut down all mods...

Just ignore his childish quips. He's obviously trying to get off on it and nothing else.

Currently Working On:
X-Universe Conversion (Hiatus)

(in reply to BlackAlpha)
Post #: 61
RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod - 6/17/2014 12:21:09 PM   
Unforeseen

@BlackAlpha Actually right now i think we should be focusing on your download. But for real I'm going to work now. We can argue about this later.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mansen

quote:

Now you are just making a case against virtually all mods. So let's go shut down all mods...

Just ignore his childish quips. He's obviously trying to get off on it and nothing else.

And you've randomly switched sides. I believe you stated earlier that you agree that he needs permission.

< Message edited by Unforeseen -- 6/17/2014 1:23:33 PM >

(in reply to BlackAlpha)
Post #: 62
RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod - 6/17/2014 12:22:51 PM   
Osito

You cannot resolve the issue with argument, because neither of you is an expert in this area. A little knowledge ...

In any event, it seems to me this matter will now resolve itself naturally. As you've reported this, Unforeseen, the owner will no doubt take action if he feels he can do so (and assuming he wishes to do so).

(in reply to Unforeseen)
Post #: 63
RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod - 6/17/2014 12:24:57 PM   
Unforeseen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Osito

You cannot resolve the issue with argument, because neither of you is an expert in this area. A little knowledge ...

In any event, it seems to me this matter will now resolve itself naturally. As you've reported this, Unforeseen, the owner will no doubt take action if he feels he can do so (and assuming he wishes to do so).

Roger wilco Osito.

(in reply to Osito)
Post #: 64
RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod - 6/17/2014 12:29:54 PM   
Mansen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Unforeseen

And you've randomly switched sides. I believe you stated earlier that you agree that he needs permission.

No it's just completely clear to everyone here that you have a personal issue with Alpha and his mod. It has nothing to do with protecting anyone's ass - not that it has ever been your job to begin with since you do not represent any party here.

Currently Working On:

(in reply to Unforeseen)
Post #: 65
RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod - 6/17/2014 12:51:12 PM   
BlackAlpha

You know Unforeseen, I still think you are abusing me because you are jealous that you can't release your Two Steps From Hell music mod. But you know, there's actually a LOT of music out there of that genre that has quite liberal conditions. You'd be able to create a music mod out of it. Instead of abusing me, you could've been working on that and then you would've had a valid music mod already that you could've released. You just have to do some work to find it and create it.

< Message edited by BlackAlpha -- 6/17/2014 1:54:45 PM >

(in reply to Mansen)
Post #: 66
RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod - 6/17/2014 1:09:48 PM   
TheRevanchist

Wow. Quite amusing thread... ehm... peace and love!

(in reply to BlackAlpha)
Post #: 67
RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod - 6/17/2014 1:27:41 PM   
Shojin

Okay, I'm a little tickled by all of this. I woke up not too long ago and read the email that Unforseen sent to me (if any of you want to confirm that this account is me, email me at artem@abankmusic.com .) I honestly felt the need to come here and make a comment, because why not, I've got a few minutes?

In regards to what I can and can't do, I can absolutely go remove your download from mediafire by contacting their support department and informing them that your file infringes on my copyright. Your account there would be suspended because of it.

However, am I going to do that? No, not really, because I sell that soundtrack for $1 all together, and if folks want bits and pieces, they can download those for free. However, there are conditions to my permission for this mod that you need to fix.

First of all, you really need to replace the files of my songs that you put in with the versions from bandcamp - I have a feeling you used a youtube to mp3 converter, or something similar, and the files contain -none- of the tags that could possible lead them back to my music in the first place (and the genre totally isn't 'blues' - that's the default on a lot of programs like that.
Second, link the bandcamp page for Star Ruler - because linking them to my youtube doesn't bring them to the source of the music. I suggest you do that for all of the music there really - it's just proper form.

That's all. Generally I don't care if people redistribute the music, but I do care if the tags end up getting removed, or they don't credit properly.

In any case, have fun folks - interesting to see my music made into a 'mod' for another game.

(in reply to TheRevanchist)
Post #: 68
RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod - 6/17/2014 3:15:34 PM   
BlackAlpha

Cheers Artem. Sorry about the tags. I'm in the process of doing another pass over everything credit related because there were a few faults, like the Daft Punk track that actually isn't a (original) Daft Punk track but a remix. But I'll fix those tags, as well as the link. File is down until I'm done, which should be very soon.

(in reply to Shojin)
Post #: 69
RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod - 6/17/2014 3:26:47 PM   
Shojin

Also, I noticed you made an edit (not a remix, two different things) to City in the Stars.

Yea, don't do that.

(in reply to BlackAlpha)
Post #: 70
RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod - 6/17/2014 3:36:41 PM   
BlackAlpha

Is it the wording (remix vs edit) that you have a problem with or with the fact the song was modified?

(in reply to Shojin)
Post #: 71
RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod - 6/17/2014 3:40:32 PM   
bugbear777

quote:

quote:

No it's just completely clear to everyone here that you have a personal issue with Alpha and his mod. It has nothing to do with protecting anyone's ass - not that it has ever been your job to begin with since you do not represent any party here.

+1

(in reply to Mansen)
Post #: 72
RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod - 6/17/2014 3:45:10 PM   
hewwo

Ha, with the author turning up (hello sojin! Cheers to you for being cool about mods), this thread turned out to be one of the more interesting copyright discussions:)

(in reply to BlackAlpha)
Post #: 73
RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod - 6/17/2014 3:52:26 PM   
TheRevanchist

yeah awesome thread I've never seen something like this before...

(in reply to hewwo)
Post #: 74
RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod - 6/17/2014 3:53:18 PM   
Shojin

quote:

Is it the wording (remix vs edit) that you have a problem with or with the fact the song was modified?

The modification itself. Although, I'm also not partial to the wording. :P Please don't edit my songs.

(in reply to BlackAlpha)
Post #: 75
RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod - 6/17/2014 4:15:32 PM   
BlackAlpha

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shojin

quote:

The modification itself. Although, I'm also not partial to the wording. :P Please don't edit my songs.

It was mostly done for technical reasons. The ending drowns out the in game sound somewhat. But I'll do as you say. I may need to drop that track, though, sadly. :(

(in reply to Shojin)
Post #: 76
RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod - 6/17/2014 4:19:44 PM   
Shojin

quote:

quote:

quote:

It was mostly done for technical reasons. The ending drowns out the in game sound somewhat. But I'll do as you say. I may need to drop that track, though, sadly. :(

That's unfortunate - but I'm sure there's a music volume slider in the game options that will turn down the music.. at least, I hope so. In any case, there's plenty of other music to use since you've been linked to the bandcamp page. Anyways, thanks for agreeing to the terms - hope your mod does well. :)

(in reply to BlackAlpha)
Post #: 77
RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod - 6/17/2014 4:26:23 PM   
BlackAlpha

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's unfortunate - but I'm sure there's a music volume slider in the game options that will turn down the music.. at least, I hope so. In any case, there's plenty of other music to use since you've been linked to the bandcamp page. Anyways, thanks for agreeing to the terms - hope your mod does well. :)

Thank you.

By the way, if you enjoy 4X space games, then you should check out this game (it's also on Steam), if you haven't done so already.

(in reply to Shojin)
Post #: 78
RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod - 6/17/2014 4:28:56 PM   
Shojin

quote:

Thank you.

By the way, if you enjoy 4X space games, then you should check out this game (it's also on Steam), if you haven't done so already.

4x has never really been my cup of tea unfortunately. I've heard a lot of great things about it - but it's just not for me.

(in reply to BlackAlpha)
Post #: 79
RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod - 6/17/2014 4:33:06 PM   
BlackAlpha

quote:

quote:

Thank you.

4x has never really been my cup of tea unfortunately. I've heard a lot of great things about it - but it's just not for me.

Oh well. But at least this community will be enjoying your awesome music while playing the game and I'll be sure to forward them your way. :)

(in reply to Shojin)
Post #: 80
RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod - 6/17/2014 4:38:28 PM   
Shojin

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thank you.

Oh well. But at least this community will be enjoying your awesome music while playing the game and I'll be sure to forward them your way. :)

Thank ya. Shojin out.

(in reply to BlackAlpha)
Post #: 81
RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod - 6/17/2014 5:17:15 PM   
bugbear777

quote:

Okay, I'm a little tickled by all of this. I woke up not too long ago and read the email that Unforseen sent to me (if any of you want to confirm that this account is me, email me at artem@abankmusic.com .) I honestly felt the need to come here and make a comment, because why not, I've got a few minutes?

In regards to what I can and can't do, I can absolutely go remove your download from mediafire by contacting their support department and informing them that your file infringes on my copyright. Your account there would be suspended because of it.

However, am I going to do that? No, not really, because I sell that soundtrack for $1 all together, and if folks want bits and pieces, they can download those for free. However, there are conditions to my permission for this mod that you need to fix.

First of all, you really need to replace the files of my songs that you put in with the versions from bandcamp - I have a feeling you used a youtube to mp3 converter, or something similar, and the files contain -none- of the tags that could possible lead them back to my music in the first place (and the genre totally isn't 'blues' - that's the default on a lot of programs like that.
Second, link the bandcamp page for Star Ruler - because linking them to my youtube doesn't bring them to the source of the music. I suggest you do that for all of the music there really - it's just proper form.

That's all. Generally I don't care if people redistribute the music, but I do care if the tags end up getting removed, or they don't credit properly.

In any case, have fun folks - interesting to see my music made into a 'mod' for another game.

(in reply to Shojin)
Post #: 82
RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod - 6/17/2014 6:50:35 PM   
Rayn

This thread delivers. I made this account yesterday to post how ridiculous this conversation was but now I'm glad I waited. Also love the mix blackalpha.

(in reply to bugbear777)
Post #: 83
RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod - 6/18/2014 12:37:17 AM   
BlackAlpha

The new version is up (see the first post for the link).

Removed 1 track, changed a bunch of credits related things, and added 1 new track.

< Message edited by BlackAlpha -- 6/18/2014 1:37:36 AM >

(in reply to Rayn)
Post #: 84
RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod - 6/18/2014 12:51:41 AM   
Unforeseen

quote:

ORIGINAL: bugbear777

quote:

quote:

+1

Please enlighten me as to why you think i have a personal issue with alpha? I don't know him, never spoken to him before that i know of. I simply came here, interested in a music mod only to discover what i correctly believed was a copy right infringement and asked about it. It was Alpha who made false claims about the legality of his mod, accused me of piracy and insulted me, attempted to change the subject repeatedly and refused to acknowledge any responsibility to obtain permission or contact the artists. This all could have been avoided had he handled the situation with a more mature attitude. Perhaps i shouldn't have shot back with the DW piracy comment, idk. Seemed fair.

I used to be apart of the nexus mods community, they are VERY antipirate there. The discussion would never have even been able to happen, Alpha would have immediately been banned shortly after this was posted even if the artist later[as he did]permitted it. So please understand i have no issues with BlackAlpha, but i take piracy seriously.

Also, thanks Artem for responding and clearing up this issue once and for all.

< Message edited by Unforeseen -- 6/18/2014 2:12:52 AM >

(in reply to bugbear777)
Post #: 85
RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod - 6/18/2014 12:57:41 AM   
Unforeseen

As for the "music mod" you suggested, i may consider that. But atm, i don't have time. I haven't updated DWOM since i fixed a an issue with the sound effects. I've been too busy with work and prepping for my vacation, oh and seeing doctors about my hand which unfortunately had about 1OO pounds dropped from several feet on the fingers. Very painful, don't ever do that.

Edit: In any case, you have to admit it was a pretty epic argument. Took 3 days.

< Message edited by Unforeseen -- 6/18/2014 2:00:36 AM >

(in reply to Unforeseen)
Post #: 86
RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod - 6/18/2014 8:09:10 AM   
Mansen

quote:

Edit: In any case, you have to admit it was a pretty epic argument. Took 3 days.

*chuckle* Nothing epic about it whatsoever - Except for your incredibly stubborn and entirely misplaced whiteknight slash lawyer routine.

Currently Working On:

(in reply to Unforeseen)
Post #: 87
RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod - 6/18/2014 12:38:35 PM   
ParagonExile

quote:

quote:

*chuckle* Nothing epic about it whatsoever - Except for your incredibly stubborn and entirely misplaced whiteknight slash lawyer routine.

Stubborn people have a certain charm, don't you think so?

(in reply to Mansen)
Post #: 88
RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod - 6/18/2014 2:50:33 PM   
bugbear777

quote:

ORIGINAL: ParagonExile

quote:

quote:

Stubborn people have a certain charm, don't you think so?

Lol.

(in reply to ParagonExile)
Post #: 89
RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod - 6/18/2014 3:04:36 PM   
Unforeseen

quote:

quote:

Oh? Well your entitled to your opinion.

(in reply to Mansen)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Black's Sci-fi Music Mod Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI