Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to add new planets?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> How to add new planets? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to add new planets? - 6/17/2014 1:00:23 PM   
jesse9705

I want to add new types of planets to the game, not using the game editor, but new actual types. So how would I mod new types of planets into the game, and how can I mod new events into the game that will occur in every map that will generate. I cannot find anyway to do this and the modding tutorial isn't very helpful for anything other than light modding. So how could I do this?
Post #: 1
RE: How to add new planets? - 6/17/2014 1:05:05 PM   
Mansen

I don't think you can add new types of planets to the game.

Currently Working On:
X-Universe Conversion (Hiatus)

(in reply to jesse9705)
Post #: 2
RE: How to add new planets? - 6/17/2014 4:12:28 PM   
SVWGiant

In my Topic I´ve reported the problem with new textures. In the modding guide is a sufficient instruction but the "other"-folder seems not do be read by the game engine. I dont know if the devs are informed, what is in the guide. Waiting for Patch 1.9.5.4 and hope ;)

< Message edited by SVWGiant -- 6/17/2014 5:13:04 PM >

(in reply to Mansen)
Post #: 3
RE: How to add new planets? - 6/17/2014 4:16:55 PM   
Mansen

quote:

ORIGINAL: SVWGiant

In my Topic I´ve reported the problem with new textures. In the modding guide is a sufficient instruction but the "other"-folder seems not do be read by the game engine. I dont know if the devs are informed, what is in the guide. Waiting for Patch 1.9.5.4 and hope ;)

Different topic - This is about adding new planettypes, not images. Like a diamond world, a ringworld or a dyson sphere. Or something entirely different.

Currently Working On:
X-Universe Conversion (Hiatus)

(in reply to SVWGiant)
Post #: 4
RE: How to add new planets? - 6/17/2014 4:31:19 PM   
SVWGiant

Ah OK, Im sorry.
That´s really unable at this time. But at the End, he must add nee planet textures for it, so it must go on...

(in reply to Mansen)
Post #: 5
RE: How to add new planets? - 6/18/2014 1:09:20 AM   
Unforeseen

I wish we could add an actual forest type planet. On one hand we have continental planets and on the other we have marshy swamp planets and this is supposed to cover potential forest planets. However i think of a forest planet as being legitimately it's own category. A continental planet is basically one that has continents[no really!?]. But what if it doesn't have continents? What if its just one big land mass with small seas here and there? No actual oceans, but it has vegetation...trees...plants etc. It could be a marshy swamp planet...it could be a desert planet, or even a volcano planet. But it could also be covered in trees, perhaps HUGE trees like the wookie planet in star wars.

Another i would have liked to see is a mountain planet. Perhaps the planet was once a volcanic planet but has cooled and volcanic activity has ceased. Or it is a planet about to erupt and become a volcanic planet which would make for some interesting planet events.

(in reply to SVWGiant)
Post #: 6
RE: How to add new planets? - 6/18/2014 5:24:11 AM   
jesse9705

I specifically want to add worlds that don't have a spherical shape, due to constant asteroid strikes. I want to add a few others too, like ocean planets with liquids other than water, forest worlds, fungal forest worlds, a few others too. I really don't feel as if this game is truly "Moddable" just pseudo-moddable :\

(in reply to Unforeseen)
Post #: 7
RE: How to add new planets? - 6/18/2014 9:34:00 AM   
Ra131

This is game truly " moddable " only in description :) . I tried made the difference in planets type in images, but this is only visual difference :( .

< Message edited by Ra131 -- 6/18/2014 10:37:48 AM >

(in reply to jesse9705)
Post #: 8
RE: How to add new planets? - 6/18/2014 3:12:49 PM   
Unforeseen

Ah like red/yellow ocean planets for instance. As far as non spherical shaped planets, it's scientifically improbable. Even if the Earth was hit by another planet such as mars right now it would reform into a sphere. But your game your rules :]

(in reply to Ra131)
Post #: 9
RE: How to add new planets? - 6/19/2014 4:07:30 PM   
jesse9705

It's actually scientiffically possible for non-spherical worlds apparently, like torus worlds. Though it'd be very unlikely.

(in reply to Unforeseen)
Post #: 10
RE: How to add new planets? - 6/19/2014 4:22:35 PM   
Dd_01

It would be nice to have imagesets for each planet type depending from quality. E.g. low quality ocean worlds will be red/yellow, desert ones may look like barren rock planets etc.

(in reply to jesse9705)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> How to add new planets? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI