Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question regarding map sizes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Question regarding map sizes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question regarding map sizes - 3/20/2001 10:04:00 AM   
ectizen

Recently, I've been wandering through the scenario files, and I'd like to confirm something. Are the upper limits for map sizes 100 hexes wide and 240 hexes high? So a 100 wide by 240 high map is possible, but 240 wide by 100 high is not, correct? Thanks!

ectizen's SP:WaW Tools - Map Thing (1.0a), Scenario W
Post #: 1
- 3/20/2001 10:12:00 AM   
MindSpy

quote:

Originally posted by ectizen: Recently, I've been wandering through the scenario files, and I'd like to confirm something. Are the upper limits for map sizes 100 hexes wide and 240 hexes high? So a 100 wide by 240 high map is possible, but 240 wide by 100 high is not, correct? Thanks!
MINDSPY As of ver4.5 there is nothing larger. MINDSPY

(in reply to ectizen)
Post #: 2
- 3/20/2001 10:22:00 AM   
Figmo

That is correct. This is right out of the manual: "Maximum map sizes in the battle generator and the scenario editor have been increased to 100 hexes wide x 240 hexes high. In the scenario editor, you may choose a very large map by selecting “Custom” map size. You will be prompted for a size...." You can also use Fred's Map editor to change the sizes. If anybody's intersted - I finally figured it out and can explain a quick and easy way to do it. Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to ectizen)
Post #: 3
- 3/20/2001 11:15:00 AM   
ectizen

Excellent! Thanks!
quote:

Originally posted by Figmo: That is correct. This is right out of the manual:
Oops! I guess I should've checked there first :) Can I make up for asking RTFM-style questions by asking a couple of insanely obscure ones that certainly aren't in the manual? In a scenario file, there are a number of sections. So far, I've observed that there are 48 sections, numbered "1" to "47" and "51". Is this always the case? Each of these sections can be compressed or "raw". I have so far observed only one type of compression - run-length encoding. Are there any others? Note that I don't actually expect answers to these questions, but confirmation of my suspiscions ("yes" for the first, "no" for the second) would be nice if someone happens to know :) For the curious, I'm trying to read scenarios directly, as part of my Map Thing project.

ectizen's SP:WaW Tools - Map Thing (1.0a), Scenario W

(in reply to ectizen)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Question regarding map sizes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI