Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: [DWU] Ship design templates

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: [DWU] Ship design templates Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: [DWU] Ship design templates - 6/13/2014 5:45:10 AM   
Wanabe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ardryn

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wanabe

Reduced luxury miners from 3 to 2 on gas miners (how often are luxury resources on gas sources, in the base game?)

This is probably for ice worlds, which can have tyderios gas and luxury resources on them.

Aah yes of course. . I would of left them on anyway seeing as the maintenance cost is very small, but the size was my main concern. The AI has no concept of trying to make sure the gas mines and regular mines are functional at all times and can end up designing them in sizes it can't even build, which has the potential to absolutely destroy an economy, what a pain.

Cheers for the reply.

(in reply to Ardryn)
Post #: 31
RE: [DWU] Ship design templates - 6/21/2014 7:29:49 AM   
fabio80mi

I just wanted to say thanks to the modder and everyone who helped so far! It is a great addition :)
Please continue your effort

(in reply to Wanabe)
Post #: 32
RE: [DWU] Ship design templates - 7/3/2014 3:32:16 AM   
Tanaka

Ah well now these all have to be redesigned with the new patch...

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 7/5/2014 11:10:04 PM >

(in reply to fabio80mi)
Post #: 33
RE: [DWU] Ship design templates - 7/3/2014 4:53:12 AM   
Wanabe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

Ah well now these all have to be redesigned with the new patch crap...

Absolutely, the last two patches have changed the ruleset the AI uses for setting up their design templates quite a lot. I haven't had a good look at the new rules but they do look better than previous rules assuming the design templates are made with them in mind. It should now be possible to put reasonable amount of shield/speed/weapon modules on the designs even if they may not quite fit at the initial sizes you want the ships to be fit on, would absolutely take a bit of time to test it all once again though.

I can't recommend using these designs and at the moment I'm having a break from working on designs/fixing them up. They could probably become workable again if the armour counts are reduced significantly across the board as I used armour more as a "filler" item to get the AI to build bigger ship sizes on previous patch even if it wasn't exactly efficient

I've gone ahead and uploaded what I've done on the main download link. I did begin to start to change the designs based on the new rules but I don't think I got terribly far frankly with that. The previous version is still attached to the first forum post just in case.

Fortunately Icemania is having a go at a more comprehensive mod for AI improvement which is absolutely worth looking out for. It's looking to be very good right now but these things take quite some time to develop and lots of testing.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 34
RE: [DWU] Ship design templates - 7/3/2014 10:37:18 AM   
Icemania

Yes I've included changes to all of the Ship and Base Design Templates (for the races done so far). Observations are very welcome.

(in reply to Wanabe)
Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: [DWU] Ship design templates Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI