Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Thank You Matrix Team!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Thank You Matrix Team! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Thank You Matrix Team! - 6/21/2014 12:33:30 PM   
kool_kat

Gents:

Many thanks from a "mature" player for ALL the hard work, dedication, and effort that has gone into getting JTCS to version 2.01!

Your team had breathed "new life" into a classic game system!

Who would have thought, that when I walked into a game store 10+ years ago, and purchased an interesting looking war game titled "East Front II" by Talonsoft, that it would still be a favorite of mine... AND that new development work would be underway in 2014!

It's really an amazing story... and I am grateful for having the opportunity to play and enjoy this "classy lady" of tactical WW2 warfare!

< Message edited by mwest -- 6/25/2014 8:59:56 PM >

Regards, - Mike

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." - Albert Einstein
Post #: 1
RE: Thank You Matrix Team! - 6/21/2014 1:03:31 PM   
berto

You're welcome. Glad you like it.

On my part, Rising Sun was my first game in the series, c. 2000 IIRC. I definitely recall correctly my initial thrill at playing these games.

Fast forward 13-14 years. I am equally thrilled, and humbled and honored, at having the opportunity to program and "breathe new life" into one of war gaming's classics. Life takes strange turns. Who would have thought?!

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to kool_kat)
Post #: 2
RE: Thank You Matrix Team! - 6/21/2014 2:24:31 PM   
Warhorse

Me as well, stumbled onto the original EF, and never stopped being my number one wargame!! I just love delving into the underpinnings as it were, to make it even better, a true honor to work with the team on this!!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 3
RE: Thank You Matrix Team! - 6/21/2014 3:10:39 PM   
LoneWulf63

Me too. I am also very honored to be part of this team. Great bunch of fellows and a pleasure to work with.

In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 4
RE: Thank You Matrix Team! - 6/21/2014 4:00:41 PM   
Jason Petho

You're most welcome!

Here's to many more years!

Jason Petho

(in reply to LoneWulf63)
Post #: 5
RE: Thank You Matrix Team! - 6/21/2014 11:10:51 PM   
e_barkmann

I also started with EFII all those years ago and have played the series for countless hours.

Very happy to see that the system is being cared for by a dedicated team - thanks very much guys!

cheers

Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 6
RE: Thank You Matrix Team! - 6/22/2014 3:12:58 PM   
1925frank

I want to express my thanks too. I had purchased a number of Talonsoft's Battleground Series, and when "Europe in Flames" came out, I bought it on the strength of the Talonsoft name. Once I played "Europe in Flames" though, I never went back to the Battleground Series.

I always thought the artwork in CS did an excellent job of capturing the feel of the era. I still do. The photos in the F2 box also kept the game anchored in the era. The historical information in the F2 box added immensely to my enjoyment. I'm still amazed at all the effort that went into the information behind the units. Only someone fascinated with combat units and technology in WWII would have bothered to put that in.

I remember my initial impression of having leaders drive around in cars with tanks was that it was goofy, but it quickly became a nonissue. I also remember I was disappointed that casualties were in steps. In Battleground, casualties were listed as a number of soldiers. That too quickly became a nonissue.

(in reply to e_barkmann)
Post #: 7
RE: Thank You Matrix Team! - 6/22/2014 9:39:14 PM   
Otto von Blotto

Been a long time since I brought the original Eastern Front incarnation back in 1998 and have played at least every other day since, a totally classic game that has had a few hiccups now and then over the years but sense has prevailed most of the time and it remains a classic game that I still play normally daily all these years later.

Thanks.

< Message edited by Otto von Blotto -- 6/22/2014 10:41:11 PM >

"Personal isn't the same as important"

(in reply to 1925frank)
Post #: 8
RE: Thank You Matrix Team! - 6/23/2014 1:48:40 AM   
scottintacoma

I will add my thanks to the team as well. I have played since EF first arrived, and have everything. Been playing the Matrix addition since I found it, and still enjoy the game.

Thanks to the team seems to be not enough but all I can say for keeping this game going and updated.

(in reply to Otto von Blotto)
Post #: 9
RE: Thank You Matrix Team! - 6/29/2014 10:35:57 AM   
ceitein

My enduring thanks to the development team for keeping with this awesome game. The free upgrade to version 2.01 was a mighty and unexpected pleasure. I fully expect to be still playing this game in another 10 years, at least. I hope you guys are willing to stick in there with us!

2nd Lt Blackham,
29th Fighting Kiwis

(in reply to scottintacoma)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Thank You Matrix Team! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI