Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.9.5.5 How do I make Steam run DistantWorlds.exe not autorun.exe?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> 1.9.5.5 How do I make Steam run DistantWorlds.exe not autorun.exe? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.9.5.5 How do I make Steam run DistantWorlds.exe not a... - 7/1/2014 8:07:01 PM   
badken

Since 1.9.5.5, every time I launch the game from Steam, it gives me a UAC alert and runs a launcher instead of starting the game. This is really cumbersome and tedious. I don't want to have to add the Steam version of Distant Worlds to Steam as a non-Steam game.

How can I make Steam start the game like it used to?

< Message edited by badken -- 7/1/2014 9:08:40 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: 1.9.5.5 How do I make Steam run DistantWorlds.exe n... - 7/1/2014 8:17:30 PM   
Erik Rutins

It was meant to launch from the menu from the start, but it was missed in the initial setup. Otherwise finding the manual, modding guide and other links is a bit more of a search. Ideally though, it shouldn't pop up the UAC. I'll check on that and see if we can eliminate the UAC prompt.

In the meantime, if you just create a desktop shortcut pointing to distantworlds.exe it will work as before.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to badken)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> 1.9.5.5 How do I make Steam run DistantWorlds.exe not autorun.exe? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI