Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Australian ship upgrades....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Australian ship upgrades.... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Australian ship upgrades.... - 2/14/2003 11:40:49 PM   
m0ngoose

Does anyone know if the Aussie cruisers and destroyers get upgraded when you send them to Pearl? I've sent them all back and a handful have returned and I really can't tell from the loadout if anything changed. I think maybe the depth charges got upgraded but that's about it...

:confused:

"May your sword be wet as a woman in her prime."
Post #: 1
- 2/14/2003 11:46:59 PM   
Mr.Frag

Any Allied ship goes through the AA upgrades, with 1.1 -> 40mm and .50 -> 20mm ... Additionally, MK6 DC's -> MK7 DC's -> MK7/ml DC.

Starting ships (like those parked at Brisbane when game starts) get the largest bang for the buck, as they are the furthest behind.

Most if not all ships that arrive later generally have part of the upgrades done so the changes are not quite as notable.

(in reply to m0ngoose)
Post #: 2
huh... - 2/14/2003 11:59:06 PM   
m0ngoose

I guess what's throwing me is that none of the cruisers or destroyers have come back with 40mm Bofors on them. The AA ratings on all of the Aussie ships has been really low after their return from Pearl. On the other hand, the depth charges were upgraded so probably some other guns did too.

"May your sword be wet as a woman in her prime."

(in reply to m0ngoose)
Post #: 3
- 2/15/2003 12:06:17 AM   
Mr.Frag

If the ship did not have a 1.1in Mk.1 AA Gun, it's not going to come back with 40mm Bofors AA Gun.

The 2 pdr Mk VIII AA Gun does not get replaced by the 40mm Bofors AA Gun.

The Australia & Hobart that you start with should double their 20mm mounts (since they already have 20mm).

(in reply to m0ngoose)
Post #: 4
- 2/15/2003 12:08:19 AM   
CapAndGown

So when the Australians wanted to service their ships they sent them to Pearl Harbor? :confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :o

(in reply to m0ngoose)
Post #: 5
- 2/15/2003 1:45:13 AM   
Drex

What other large base would be closer? didn't the Brits retreat back to Madagascar? Weren't the bases in Ceylon and India subject to Japanese carrier attack?

(in reply to m0ngoose)
Post #: 6
- 2/15/2003 9:34:32 AM   
Reg

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cap_and_gown
[B]So when the Australians wanted to service their ships they sent them to Pearl Harbor? :confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :o [/B][/QUOTE]

Major work was done on RAN (& USN) assets at Garden Island in Sydney but I can't see UV being modified to reflect this as the whole sent back/refit aspect is being modeled in a fairly abstract manner.

Cheers,
Reg.

(in reply to m0ngoose)
Post #: 7
- 2/15/2003 9:54:32 AM   
CapAndGown

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Reg
[B]Major work was done on RAN (& USN) assets at Garden Island in Sydney but I can't see UV being modified to reflect this as the whole sent back/refit aspect is being modeled in a fairly abstract manner.

Cheers,
Reg. [/B][/QUOTE]

I didn't expect or even want anything to change. I just thought this might act as bait for some of our Aussie contingent. ;)

(in reply to m0ngoose)
Post #: 8
- 2/15/2003 11:35:25 AM   
Drongo

Posted by cap_and_gown
[QUOTE]So when the Australians wanted to service their ships they sent them to Pearl Harbor?[/QUOTE]

Get stuffed, you stupid poofta.
Was that the bait response you wanted?

Posted by m0ngoose
[QUOTE]I guess what's throwing me is that none of the cruisers or destroyers have come back with 40mm Bofors on them. The AA ratings on all of the Aussie ships has been really low after their return from Pearl. On the other hand, the depth charges were upgraded so probably some other guns did too.[/QUOTE]

Depth charges were upgraded? From what to what? I've never seen the Aussie/Pommie ships ever change/increase their non-yank weapon systems. Only the kiwi MSWs (Auk) should upgrade as they have yank weapons.

I'd never send any of the other Aussie/Pommie warship types to Pearl unless damaged as it's a waste.

Have no fear,
drink more beer.

(in reply to m0ngoose)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Australian ship upgrades.... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI