Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Simple feature wish list

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Simple feature wish list Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Simple feature wish list - 7/7/2014 10:00:04 PM   
Evrett

I'm sure there are a bunch of these topics floating around but here goes.

Rules - List one thing you want in DW. Keep description under a few sentences.

My contribution would be a religious system. The galaxy worships the precursors who ascended into an energy form. Each race gets a religious brand. Temples at worlds with ruins spread your brand. The more worshipers you have the more points you get. Use points to summon a precursor at a large space temple. Precursors give empire buffs, can causes disasters ect.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan
Post #: 1
RE: Simple feature wish list - 7/7/2014 10:29:56 PM   
Airpower

In-game documentation that explains the 99% of in-game mechanics that are "under the hood" right now.

Removal (or relaxing) of the 30100 resource cap for ships and star bases that mine gas and minerals.

Energy-to-fuel unit that isn't capped at 20000 Hydrogen and 20000 Caslon.

(in reply to Evrett)
Post #: 2
RE: Simple feature wish list - 7/7/2014 11:13:36 PM   
buglepong

Fix research. Fix resources. More rts control of units. More fine tuning of policies. More balance.

(in reply to Airpower)
Post #: 3
RE: Simple feature wish list - 7/8/2014 4:33:32 PM   
rxnnxs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Evrett

I'm sure there are a bunch of these topics floating around but here goes.

Rules - List one thing you want in DW. Keep description under a few sentences.

My contribution would be a religious system. The galaxy worships the precursors who ascended into an energy form. Each race gets a religious brand. Temples at worlds with ruins spread your brand. The more worshipers you have the more points you get. Use points to summon a precursor at a large space temple. Precursors give empire buffs, can causes disasters ect.

On top of that it would be awesome if the precursors ascended into a new dimension we can also visit when the tech is there.
i.e. if you build a world wonder that gives the tech to change shape into this energy form then the whole universe can be discovered again.
same planets and suns and places, but added an layer extra to explore again..

to raise two comparisons: the chess game with more dimensions in start trek or the ancients (antarans) in MOO2 but with the tweak that its just a new sensor you have to possess to see the new dimension )layer) and a new materialisation tecnique that is needed to exist and build there..

(in reply to Evrett)
Post #: 4
RE: Simple feature wish list - 7/8/2014 4:54:27 PM   
Max 86

Ability to have specific control over who you want on your planets. I have some Dhayut on a planet with other races and would like to get rid of them only! Selection choice > Exterminate / specific race.

No problem Chief!

(in reply to rxnnxs)
Post #: 5
RE: Simple feature wish list - 7/8/2014 8:10:37 PM   
Retreat1970

Different color text (light green maybe) in the expansion planner for mining sources within your sphere of influence but not in a controlled colony (which is green).

(in reply to Max 86)
Post #: 6
RE: Simple feature wish list - 7/8/2014 9:53:30 PM   
Ceorl

DLC for core content update. Developers often feel consumers will only pay for new features and neglect patch work (I'm looking at you Total War once you thought you plugged that hole). I'll happily pay coder salaries to improve the base product beyond what modders can accomplish.

An ability to designate "fronts" ala HoI3 in order to have some control over prioritizing areas. As is, the large an empire gets the more trouble the AI has reaching hot-spots and sending fleets halfway across the damn galaxy for little purpose.

(in reply to Retreat1970)
Post #: 7
RE: Simple feature wish list - 7/8/2014 10:28:04 PM   
Tormodino

Completely agree on the DLC, Ceorl.

Some form of that front idea would also be very welcome. I've seen, and suggested, being able to somehow tag systems to establish claims and the like.

Example: Tagging a system as "shared" could directly offset the diplomatic penalty for having bases in the same system as another faction. This could even replace the Mining Rights diplomatic action by setting which systems can be mined by others without opening your territory up completely.

For the front designation, perhaps settings similar to the fleet postures, but for your empire, could be a workable solution. It might help the AI to focus its resources more cleverly.

(in reply to Ceorl)
Post #: 8
RE: Simple feature wish list - 7/8/2014 10:59:09 PM   
deathnoise

1. triggers and ruins separated from the game and put into the .txt files, instead for a greater modding capability

2. resizable windows

3. fixes for the resource generation bugs: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3646892

4. It would be great to have some degree of control on how the planets are being generated in each and every kind of solar system (galaxy.txt?) with a format similar to what we've already got when it comes to resources.txt, that describes how the resources are being generated when a player chooses to play a new game

Something like (with multiple entries):
1. solar system (Main sequence, red giant, super giant star, black hole, etc),
2. Type (0=Planet, 1=Asteroid, 2=GasCloud)
3. SubType: 0=Continental, 1=MarshySwamp, 2=Ocean, 3=Desert, 4=Ice, 5=Volcanic, 6=BarrenRock, 7=GasGiant, 8=FrozenGasGiant, 9=Metal (asteroid), 10=Ammonia, 11=Argon, 12=CarbonDioxide, 13=Chlorine, 14=Helium, 15=Hydrogen, 16=NitrogenOxygen, 17=Oxygen
4. Chance to appear in the specific (1) solar system, min/max amount, min/max quality
5. If the type in (2) is a planet, the player should be able to set one or more, multiple entries that will set up: min/max amount of moons of the specific type for the specific subtype of the planet in the chosen solar system (subtype of moon, min/max amount for the specific planet, min/max chance of of each and one of them to appear, min/max quality)
etc etc

5. Allow us to set if the empire-wide bonus effect of the specific facility (in facilities.txt file) should stack up (or - not) with the effect of other facilities and/or
ruins that are giving the same kind of bonus

6. a possibility to change some global variables with the editor, AFTER starting the game (influence percentage slider, checkbox for "allow independent colonies to start their own empire", "pirates respawn", etc)

7. An option (checkbox?) on Galaxy Map to filter-out ruins that were already investigated.

< Message edited by deathnoise -- 7/9/2014 12:49:48 PM >

(in reply to Tormodino)
Post #: 9
RE: Simple feature wish list - 7/9/2014 7:50:37 AM   
Sirian

I would be happy about quite a few features that would make my life as the future galaxies leader easier:

- A feature where I can order ships directly into a fleet. The ships will then be built at locations that are near the fleet. (I know about the feature that you can add unfinished ships to fleets but I do not want to have to use it)

- A feature where I can set a fleets composition and after battle, missing ships are automatically rebuilt. (maybe the game asks for confirmation)

- I want to be able to automatically assign home defense fleets (min number to max number of ships depending on distance to border per colonized system, put in a fleet that is set to defence stance) configurable globally

- An overlay to the main view where I can see resources next to stars without having to click on the star. The resource icons will then be visible in system view also next to the planets. Togglable.

(in reply to deathnoise)
Post #: 10
RE: Simple feature wish list - 7/9/2014 7:59:35 AM   
MrFreeze

I would like a full comprehensive wiki/manual about the mechanics under the gameplay. A F1 more informative will be excellent too.

(in reply to Sirian)
Post #: 11
RE: Simple feature wish list - 7/10/2014 12:25:37 AM   
Retreat1970

I was/am a big Space Empires fan. There are things I miss from that game.

Shield depleters.
Mines.
Drones.
Stellar manipulation.
Planetary engineering.
and others...

(in reply to MrFreeze)
Post #: 12
RE: Simple feature wish list - 7/10/2014 1:01:38 AM   
DeadlyShoe

very simple feature: rework of default fleet naming for auto-formation.

right now we have:

7th Strike Force
9th Fleet
12th Fleet
13th Strike Force
14th Fleet

Strike Forces clutter up the list and make it hard to get at your fleets.

a different basic scheme would be

9th Fleet
12th Fleet
14th Fleet
Strike Force 7
Strike Force 13

Strike Forces would always be listed after fleets.

////// more ambitious versions:

ideally this would be custom fleet naming (different fleet names for different races) and/or even enhancement of fleet auto-formation and fleet auto-usage.

for example:

"Home Fleet" - this fleet type is typically overstrength. Home Fleets patrol capital world systems (sectors?) and only go on the offensive if the race feels secure or if it is the only fleet in an empire. In the case of Gizureans they'd never leave the capital.

"Battle Fleet" - a fleet that tends to be overstrength on capital ships, cruisers, and carriers. Tends to be put on Sector Defense or Sector Attack stances and/or used for interceptions.

"Task Force" - relatively small fleet with one heavy ship (for fleet bonuses) and nothing else larger than a destroyer.

or-

some races could use highly specialized fleets that tend to consist of all/mostly the same kind of ship. we could establish fleet profiles.

(in reply to Retreat1970)
Post #: 13
RE: Simple feature wish list - 7/10/2014 2:43:36 PM   
Tormodino

Versions of that has been suggested several times, DeadlyShoe. Could you put what you wrote in the Wish List in the stickies?
I think that is a pretty important part of the game, and could really use some love.

(in reply to DeadlyShoe)
Post #: 14
RE: Simple feature wish list - 7/11/2014 5:11:41 PM   
Upuauta

An option to mark a system as a "no-fly-zone" to prevent ships to go where they really shouldn´t go (e.g. Guardian´s system).
Sadly this won´t happen. :-(

(in reply to Tormodino)
Post #: 15
RE: Simple feature wish list - 7/11/2014 5:20:59 PM   
Shark7

Force player defined empires to start in ancient home systems check box option.

After all, if you are playing a Star Trek mod, you want your Romulans to start on Romulus, etc.

< Message edited by Shark7 -- 7/11/2014 6:20:49 PM >

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Upuauta)
Post #: 16
RE: Simple feature wish list - 7/11/2014 5:29:19 PM   
Max 86

Just building on what DeadlyShoe already posted:

1. Pre-defined fleet roles such as Defense, Patrol and Attack to minimize the fleet settings buttons at bottom left. If a defense fleet, just assign homeworld and it knows to patrol system and refuel; Patrol Fleets have starting and end points and it knows to patrol between these two points and attack/refuel automatically; Attack Fleets are set by planet/system/sector as they are now.

2. Also, eventually fleets forget what their mission is; i.e., I have a fleet patrolling a planet, on auto but after awhile it forgets its mission (after refueling?)and I have to reset it to patrol the planet. Be nice if this stopped.

3. Add pop up msg if fleet decides to leave system / sector before it takes off on its own into the unknown. Have player confirm the new orders or cancel.

No problem Chief!

(in reply to Upuauta)
Post #: 17
RE: Simple feature wish list - 8/14/2014 1:44:53 AM   
webgame0003

quote:

ORIGINAL: Max 86

Ability to have specific control over who you want on your planets. I have some Dhayut on a planet with other races and would like to get rid of them only! Selection choice > Exterminate / specific race.

Definitely what this !

More:
Detailed planet view: quickly navigate to planet by unique wonder.

(in reply to Max 86)
Post #: 18
RE: Simple feature wish list - 8/14/2014 6:03:55 AM   
CaptainBipto1

An option for civs to turn Pirate and vice versa.

(in reply to Evrett)
Post #: 19
RE: Simple feature wish list - 8/14/2014 8:55:36 AM   
ASHBERY76

A galactic senate ala Moo3 but with the added option for horse trading votes.

(in reply to CaptainBipto1)
Post #: 20
RE: Simple feature wish list - 8/14/2014 3:00:00 PM   
ReadeB

Surrender option: When a ship is getting blasted, have option for crew to abandon ship leaving ship intact for attackers

Introduces a bunch of new scenarios for pirates. Hostages. Using hostages to prevent attacks on Spaceports due to reputation hits. Options for Special forces to raid and rescue hostages.... etc... etc...

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 21
RE: Simple feature wish list - 8/15/2014 12:44:08 AM   
AKicebear

Ships and Buildings screen: sort state ships/buildings by type and then by time they were last retrofitted - I avoid monster retrofit queues, usually by just updated a fraction of my fleets at a time. If I could sort by their last update it could make this process a bit more orderly/logical.

(in reply to ReadeB)
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Simple feature wish list Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI