Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How do I colonize planet with different species (than mine)?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> How do I colonize planet with different species (than mine)? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do I colonize planet with different species (than m... - 7/9/2014 7:40:08 PM   
dhayut

I captured several planets populated with different species, and I cannot find how to colonize them - there is no menu entry "colonize" once I captured them.

Well, I found 2 workaround:
1. exterminate local population - but It takes too long.
2. Bombarding with nuclear weapons (to destroy population before capturing) - faster, but harms planet ecology.

So is it possoble to transfer my population to these planets more directly (colonize, etc.) ?
Post #: 1
RE: How do I colonize planet with different species (th... - 7/9/2014 7:41:00 PM   
Mad Igor

colonize colonized planet.
common sense,any1 seen ?

< Message edited by Mad Igor -- 7/9/2014 8:41:57 PM >

(in reply to dhayut)
Post #: 2
RE: How do I colonize planet with different species (th... - 7/9/2014 7:56:03 PM   
Cauldyth

Contrary to the history of our own planet, it's not possible to "colonize" something that's already inhabited by someone else.

(in reply to Mad Igor)
Post #: 3
RE: How do I colonize planet with different species (th... - 7/9/2014 8:26:34 PM   
Sindri

resettle/exterminate current population and make sure your main population is able to colonize this type of planet and is keen to migrate overall :P

(in reply to Cauldyth)
Post #: 4
RE: How do I colonize planet with different species (th... - 7/9/2014 9:10:39 PM   
dhayut

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cauldyth

Contrary to the history of our own planet, it's not possible to "colonize" something that's already inhabited by someone else.

But it WAS possible to colonize it, until I captured it with my troops!
There was menu entry for colonizing. And it was in Potential Colonies list.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sindri

resettle/exterminate current population and make sure your main population is able to colonize this type of planet and is keen to migrate overall :P

How do I resettle them?
How do I move my population to that planet?

(I tried, but could not find anything like that in the interface...)

(in reply to Sindri)
Post #: 5
RE: How do I colonize planet with different species (th... - 7/9/2014 9:47:19 PM   
Cauldyth

Ah, it must've been an independent then. In that case, "colonizing" it would've yielded the same result as invading it did. It would still have been occupied by the existing race.

(in reply to dhayut)
Post #: 6
RE: How do I colonize planet with different species (th... - 7/9/2014 9:50:53 PM   
Kilravock

It must of been an independent colony if it had a population and you were able to select it for colonizing. If you couldn't colonize because it was highlighted red then it's because it was outside of your 'colonization range'. If it was no longer on the list but still independent then it was inside another empire's influence/boarders. Still it sounds like you did 'colonized' it in the traditional way of using scary men with big guns, which ignores all the formalities of using a colony ship.

To resettle a population of a colony you control, you have to go to the colony screen. Click on the planet icon on the top bar and search for the colony, or just double click on the selected colony's name. Click on the Population tab on the screen near the bottom left. See at the bottom the two drop down boxes? That is where you can set colony population polices for your race family and the other races. Change it to resettle and your passenger ships will in time move the people somewhere else.

To make your race move there, you will need to make it attractive like having no taxes and a base orbiting it with a medical and recreational facilities. It helps if you have a good supply of luxuries that will be shipped there and if a colony with a large population of your race is nearby. Your passenger ships will in time transport people to the colony.

(in reply to dhayut)
Post #: 7
RE: How do I colonize planet with different species (th... - 7/9/2014 10:04:10 PM   
Keston

Now that history is mentioned, I wonder if a colony ship can complete its mission and land under the protection of troops engaged on the ground?

(in reply to Cauldyth)
Post #: 8
RE: How do I colonize planet with different species (th... - 7/9/2014 10:06:25 PM   
dhayut

OK, I got it. Thanks for answers.

(in reply to Kilravock)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> How do I colonize planet with different species (than mine)? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI