Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Get Ready...Get Set...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Get Ready...Get Set... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Get Ready...Get Set... - 3/21/2001 2:33:00 PM   
Wild Bill

It's so close you can feel it. I can hear the guns in the distance. There is General Rommel, perched atop his Mammoth, right on the battlefield surveying the exploits of his panzers! El Agheila, Mersa El Braga, Agedabia, Derna, Mechili, Halfaya Pass, Sollum, Bardia, Sidi Barrani, Sidi Rezegh, Mersa Matruh, and other locales. We'll be in the African blitzkrieg from the western border of Libya to the portals of Egypt. We'll storm Tobruk once and again. And the missions, so many missions. Not every one is a set piece battle. You'll go on recon, rescue prisoners, raid supply depots, attack convoys, steal secret documents under the nose of the British, steal tanks, and a myriad of other adventures. An amphibious operation on your part or that of the British is possible. A RN destroyer could be your worst enemy! From small level actions to mammoth battles you'll be in the thick of it. You'll find Rommel paying you unexpected visits on the battlefront to inspect your actions. Watch the skies for that tiny Storch or the horizon for his lumbering Mammoth. What else can I say? Be sure and wear those desert goggles the general gave you. That was his only extra pair. The ships are leaving the harbor. We are bound for North Africa and glory! Colonel Von Wilder, Groupe Dietsl, 5th Leicht Division, DAK, North Africa

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post #: 1
- 3/21/2001 2:37:00 PM   
MindSpy

MINDSPY have a coconut ... the sun doesn't go down for another ten hours ... the fluids'll doyou fine. However the RUM she's a for me ... Since I'm not driving. just hanging my head out the window Bill! MINDSPY

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 2
- 3/21/2001 2:45:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Please do, Mindspy! Please! :eek: :D :D The weak-stomached Colonel von Wilder

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 3
- 3/21/2001 5:58:00 PM   
Fabs

Sounds great, Wild Bill. :cool: Will it be as much fun for those freaks like me who would like to enjoy it from the British perspective? :(

Fabs

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 4
- 3/21/2001 7:43:00 PM   
Panzer Capta

......or worse, the Italian perspective

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 5
- 3/21/2001 7:54:00 PM   
David Roldan Castillo

Cuando estará lista Guillermo???? Y todavía más importante, la podré comprar desde España?????? Un saludo. Felicidades por un gran trabajo. David.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 6
- 3/21/2001 8:07:00 PM   
Inuil

Eso, eso. ¿Para cuando estara listo? My Clock, my watch, my life, my wife, my car and my horse goes slowly from the day Matrix posted this message. I can´t death without seen this event. :D :D :D

"Un soldado, es el hombre que se interpone entre el enemigo y su familia"
"A soldier is a man between enemy and his family"
Greek Words 1500bc
Pascual Navarro.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 7
- 3/21/2001 9:41:00 PM   
Flashfyre

Jawohl, Mein Colonel! The Panzers are fueled and loaded, toolboxes checked, and the crews are standing by. For The Fatherland! Uhh....sir? Can you do anything about the rations? The soles of my jackboots would taste better.....

The Motor Pool http://www.geocities.com/aurion_eq/index.html?976419304550 [email]kmcferren@onemain.com[/email]

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 8
- 3/22/2001 2:58:00 AM   
Tommy

Herr Colonel, Am I clueless here? I get the impression that everybody is reading some web page of your's descibing the mega-campaign. I can't find anything. Any hints? Tommy

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 9
- 3/22/2001 5:25:00 AM   
Panzer Capta

The recon patrols have just informed me that there are large quantities of dust in Sector B. We have no units in that sector so I have ordered the heavy guns to fix on that position. If it is Monty's panzers they will be sitting ducks.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 10
- 3/22/2001 5:31:00 AM   
BlitzSS

Thanks WB: Go ahead pour more fish guts in the water and create a frenzy while we're out here treading water.

"Nuts"

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 11
- 3/22/2001 6:45:00 AM   
ZinZan

ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Why don't you build the tension some more Wild Bill. :) Ok we are all going slightly insane waiting for this!!! But getting it right is MORE important so i will keep waiting (impatiently) but I will wait.

ZinZan <br/> Peace is an extension of war by political means. Plenty of elbow room is pleasanter - and much safer. <br/> Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love by Robert Heinlein.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 12
- 3/22/2001 7:25:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Gentlemen! Gentlemen! I would not tease you so unmercifully if it were not for the fact that you'll be able to get this fine product so very soon. David Heath, our "Matrix Big Brother" watches me like a hawk. He knows I'm prone to spill the beans so both of his German Shepherds (you knew they would be German Shepherds) sit on either side of my chair gazing at the screen as I write. Oops, one began snarling when I just wrote that. Quiet Schnaps! Down boy! Back! Back!....Quick! How do you say "Chill out in German?"... :eek:

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 13
- 3/22/2001 7:32:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Mis estimados colegas, Me da sumo placer anunciarles que la venta de la Mega Campaign estara hecho de lo mas facil segun palabras de nuestro jefe, David Heath. No tengo las detalles todavia, pero me dice que esta preparando la tienda de venta aqui en este sitio electronico de tal manera que uno pueda pagar por tarjeta de credito, de telegrafia, de cheque via el "internet," y otras maneras que se me escapan en el momento. De manera que cojan animo. Los hemos tomado en cuenta y haremos lo mas posible para que el producto les llegue a Ustedes y a otros a larga distancia los mas con un minimo de tiempo y problema. Atentamente, Guillermo, el Salvaje

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 14
- 3/22/2001 8:16:00 AM   
Rhuin

We are just waiting breathlessly, and turning a slight shade of blue. The Wife and kids are gone this week so could it be possible that I might get in some games, before they get back and then I will have to curtail my time with my beloved panzers? ( I can just hear the "Honey why don't you spend more time with me") There just isn't enough time in the day to work, spend time with the family and play Steel Panthers! Rhuin :(

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 15
- 3/22/2001 9:35:00 AM   
Alby

Credit Card in left hand, Mouse in right...... Standing by......... :eek:

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 16
- 3/22/2001 10:16:00 AM   
davidmiller

Am waiting anticipating this next instalment and the mega campaign. I've just put two wrapes and a hooyey on my bitter half (just kidding) to keep her calm. I hope that perhapes a truckload of cerveza might come with this desert campaign. Anyway, go Matrix, you got my vote .

rabid lobo

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 17
- 3/22/2001 12:30:00 PM   
degen

Looking forward to the desert WB. Can't wait to put the Afrika Korps into action! :eek:

"I would have much rather that he had given me one more division" - Rommel after receiving his field marshall baton

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 18
- 3/22/2001 1:55:00 PM   
Inuil

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: Mis estimados colegas, Me da sumo placer anunciarles que la venta de la Mega Campaign estara hecho de lo mas facil segun palabras de nuestro jefe, David Heath. No tengo las detalles todavia, pero me dice que esta preparando la tienda de venta aqui en este sitio electronico de tal manera que uno pueda pagar por tarjeta de credito, de telegrafia, de cheque via el "internet," y otras maneras que se me escapan en el momento. De manera que cojan animo. Los hemos tomado en cuenta y haremos lo mas posible para que el producto les llegue a Ustedes y a otros a larga distancia los mas con un minimo de tiempo y problema. Atentamente, Guillermo, el Salvaje
Muchas gracias Guillermo el Salvaje y encantado de comprobar que a pesar de ser salvaje, tambien eres muy culto. ;)

"Un soldado, es el hombre que se interpone entre el enemigo y su familia"
"A soldier is a man between enemy and his family"
Greek Words 1500bc
Pascual Navarro.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 19
- 3/22/2001 5:56:00 PM   
Fabs

Boiling over with excitement here! :eek: However, my question about the British perspective was not rethorical. Any goodies for us Brit lovers, raised on British war comics? Or should we be resigned to play the part of the doormat to Rommel's Panzers? :rolleyes: Do we also get special missions, perhaps Commando raids or LRDG escapades? Please, give us some hope, after all the British did win North Africa, in the end! ;)

Fabs

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 20
- 3/22/2001 9:05:00 PM   
Charles2222

Smoke a cigarette?

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 21
- 3/22/2001 10:12:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

Since the game is a campaign style affair, it is played from the German POV only. Making a British or Italian version would be a whole different Mega-Campaign. The whole idea is to lead a core force through the whole shebang, so the scenarios have to be designed form the POV of that particular unit.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 22
- 3/22/2001 10:36:00 PM   
Jeff Norton

WB, >Quiet Schnaps! Down boy! Back! Back!....Quick! How do you say "Chill out in German?"... < Roughly, its "beruhigen", if I *remember* correctly. Its been 5 years since I used my German... I'm more impressed at your language skills! The Spanish posts are cool. Looooong time since I used my Spanish too. But, all I wanted to know were the bathrooms were, cold beer, and where they were hiding the guns. (its a long story. Panama was not a fun place at times....) -Jeff

-Jeff
Veritas Vos Liberabit
"Hate America - love their movies" -Foos Babaganoosh - Anchor - Jihad Tonite

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 23
- 3/23/2001 1:58:00 AM   
Rhodan

Quick question on that MC ( which btw, sounds better each and every time I read Wild Bill's post about them); Is the sequence of scenarios going to be truly historical, or will there be some assumptions as well? i.e. assuming El Alamein wasn't as succesful as it turned out to be... do we get scenarios of the DAK invading Egypt etc? Rho

[img]http://www.geocities.com/katzzuck/VCFIREFLY.txt[/img]

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 24
- 3/23/2001 4:34:00 AM   
Fabs

If that is the case, I do hope that at some time a Mega Campaign is produced for the British in North Africa too. This gaming community does not consist only of people with a German or American bias, and valor in North Africa was not exclusively a German prerogative. Although I still intend to buy the Mega Campaign as a gesture of support for Matrix Games, playing it as the Germans will not be as much fun for me. I am an ardent admirer of the Desert Rats, in defeat as in victory. P.S. I am not even a Britsh citizen.

Fabs

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 25
- 3/23/2001 4:56:00 AM   
adantas

Mein Oberst!!! We are ready to show the tommies the effect of our 88's!!! :D We'll meet at Cairo!!!! -------------- Senta à Pua!!!

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 26
- 3/23/2001 10:11:00 AM   
Wild Bill

I debated long and hard over what to portray in this first Mega Campaign. Which time period, which country, etc. A gut instinct told me to go with the DAK. Originally I had planned that we would do 1941-1942 through El Alamein. An Operation Torch would be something separate. Finally I chose NA for the following reasons: 1. Rommel and his exploits are known by even the less knowledgeable in military history and would give him something to which to link. 2. A lot of tank fighting in NA, and everyone loves to fight with tanks. C'mon, you know you do. 3. There were a whole lot of situations that could be portrayed with relative ease.. As the plan evolved, I found myself with more and more scenario situations and not enough time to develop them within the Matrix schedule. So I opted to cover 1941 only. We will, if response is good, do a second Mega Campaign eventually on 1942, Gazala, Tobruk, Alam Halfa, El Alamein, and other tense moment from that time. As to the concern for the British, they do well in battle, sometimes almost too well. But you'll see. My next effort (not NA this time) will have an Allied country as the focus and will be in a different area of the world...that is, if I recover from this one anytime soon :eek: And thanks for the help, Jeff. I also am glad you could read my Spanish. I taught school in Spanish overseas for five years. In fact, I still have dreams years later where the people are conversing in Spanish. Kind of weird to wake up and say to your spouse (who know no Spanish) buenos dias, mi amor..."Huh?" The Weary Oberst von Wilder Groupe Dietsl, DAK, North Africa

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 27
- 3/25/2001 3:47:00 PM   
Latka

quote:

...and valor in North Africa was not exclusively a German prerogative.
Yup. Those damn British 2 pounder guns eat my German tanks alive every time I play against them! -Andy

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 28
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Get Ready...Get Set... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI