Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Need help with a few small problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> Need help with a few small problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Need help with a few small problems - 7/17/2014 12:39:59 AM   
pzpat

When version 215e became available I downloaded and installed it so I could use Lancer's great
officer mod. When 215i became available I downloaded and installed it, so I could use the
NATO counters. When I opened the game, it said v215i on the top left of the page, but I wasn't
given the option to use 215i, and so can't use the NATO counter option. On the page where you
choose your options, I opened "choose your masterfile," and 215i was not among them. The
game says I'm running 215i, but I'm really not. How do I fix this?
Second, I have downloaded and installed version 220b properly. It's fun, but I can't use it
with Lancer's mod. Is there a fix for this?
Third, I downloaded version 220c, but can't install it. I open it, and the computer shows me
the files inside it, but I can't install it, and it doesn't come up once I open the game.
Is there a fix for this?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Pat
Post #: 1
RE: Need help with a few small problems - 7/17/2014 1:18:50 AM   
pzpat

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have Windows 7.

(in reply to pzpat)
Post #: 2
RE: Need help with a few small problems - 7/17/2014 9:10:22 AM   
Vic

Hi there Pat,

Probably you tried installing the private beta (which is not an easy install).
Try the official public beta: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3641160

Furthermore as for mods. I dont give official support for those, but the patches might have overwriten the modfiles. Or you might have done a fresh install by accident?
Did you try re-installing the mod after the patch?

Best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to pzpat)
Post #: 3
RE: Need help with a few small problems - 7/17/2014 11:39:57 AM   
Tac2i

If you saw 2.15i in the upper left corner then you were using it. It is not an at2 file to be selected from the random game creation screen. The 2.15i is the version number of the AdvancedTacticsGold EXE file. The version number is, however, also stored in the at2 files provided by the patch.

Re NATO counters: When you install a new patch it will overwrite part of the NATO mod. I highly recommend you use this one and keep it around for reinstalling purposes:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2788950

I'd also recommend one of these replacement main screens:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3396271

Re: "I have downloaded and installed version 220b properly. It's fun, but I can't use it
with Lancer's mod. Is there a fix for this?" No tank models for Lancer's Mod until Lancer updates it to support v2.20.

quote:

ORIGINAL: pzpat

When version 215e became available I downloaded and installed it so I could use Lancer's great
officer mod. When 215i became available I downloaded and installed it, so I could use the
NATO counters. When I opened the game, it said v215i on the top left of the page, but I wasn't
given the option to use 215i, and so can't use the NATO counter option. On the page where you
choose your options, I opened "choose your masterfile," and 215i was not among them. The
game says I'm running 215i, but I'm really not. How do I fix this?
Second, I have downloaded and installed version 220b properly. It's fun, but I can't use it
with Lancer's mod. Is there a fix for this?
Third, I downloaded version 220c, but can't install it. I open it, and the computer shows me
the files inside it, but I can't install it, and it doesn't come up once I open the game.
Is there a fix for this?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Pat

< Message edited by Webizen -- 7/18/2014 2:04:42 AM >

Tac2i (formerly webizen)

(in reply to pzpat)
Post #: 4
RE: Need help with a few small problems - 7/19/2014 5:35:53 PM   
pzpat

Thanks to you both. 220c is installed and working, and I'll wait for Lancer to update his mod.

Pat

(in reply to Tac2i)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> Need help with a few small problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI