Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Broken Galactopdedia

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Broken Galactopdedia Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Broken Galactopdedia - 7/18/2014 12:08:32 AM   
feygan

Not an official game bug as such but due to how the game was written I wasn't sure where else to ask. I am aware that the galactopedia is running of a set of internet explorer pages and that sadly you have to have that program installed to make use of the in game help pages.

Now somehow I have managed to break something, not sure what since I never use internet explorer and apart from DW I tend to have it disabled. So as things stand at current I can open any of the help .mht files within my preferred browser and view them without issue. This obviously does not work for the game as it gives me a popup window asking if I wish to open or save and kicks me to my desktop to view the page in my browser.

Now when I set my system to use internet explorer as the default application for .mht files I can no longer view them anywhere. If I try to just open the file from windows explorer then internet explorer opens with a download selection window but with no option to open the file only asking me where I want it saved to, (no where I don't like making saved copies of files I already have on my system). If I try to open the file from a menu selection when internet explorer is running I just get a browser popup asking me the same save location choice. If I try to view the page in the galactopedia in game then I am again kicked back to my desktop and now given the same annoying save location choice.

I have fiddled around with a few things including removing internet explorer 11 totally and starting from scratch at IE8 (I run windows 7 64 and so IE8 is the lowest I can reduce my system to without major stick poking). At each step of the upgrade process I tried to do all methods of viewing .mht files using IE and failed in the same way each time.

Anyone have any ideas on what has cause IE to start having tantrums instead of behaving how it should do? I haven't played DW since the last expansion pack and this was a first time with DW:U, I know there has been at least one or two IE updates since then so am wondering if one of those has effected something? Otherwise I will have to resort to just viewing the pages in my preferred browser choice and pull IE off the system entirely.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Broken Galactopdedia Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI