Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.9.5.5 - Pirates instantly succeeding at raid

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> 1.9.5.5 - Pirates instantly succeeding at raid Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.9.5.5 - Pirates instantly succeeding at raid - 7/22/2014 12:02:47 AM   
Vardis

Vardis - Pirate raid 1.DWG - Right before Neddoloa is about to be raided by the Grim League.

Vardis - Pirate raid 2.DWG - This save is a few seconds later, and it's about to be raided again. Usually the first raid has failed by this point. Sometimes it's still ongoing. In this case, I've saved it right after the previous save's raid has been wiped out. The next incoming raid was repeatedly instantly succeeding.

I'm hoping this will be enough to kill this bug, because it's really annoying. In that game, one pirate faction made off with my super death ray tech. :)

< Message edited by Vardis -- 7/22/2014 1:05:52 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: 1.9.5.5 - Pirates instantly succeeding at raid - 7/22/2014 3:48:00 AM   
johanwanderer

I could be a bug, but when I played as pirates, the message is different, something to the tune of:
"Raid went horribly wrong, we were repulsed, but not before we managed to get XXX", where XXX could be tech or resources. And yes, I did get the super death ray tech off of the Lemerish :)

I do agree it's very annoying as a player to see that, though.

(in reply to Vardis)
Post #: 2
RE: 1.9.5.5 - Pirates instantly succeeding at raid - 7/22/2014 4:55:11 AM   
Vardis

Hmm... That might explain why the colony doesn't have the "raided" penalty. If that's what's going on, I think it need to have a little more sanity checking on the results. Ie, no partial success if the pirates are basically getting shot down when landing, and any partial success should be a poor success. So no free death ray tech that would take a planetary empire dozens of successful espionage missions to swipe. IMO that valuable tech should only be obtainable on raiding the main or regional capital, or if they wanted to be cute with the implementation, a planet that had a starport with one of those built at some point in time. And if that's what happens, ideally the message the raided empire gets should be changed. "We repulsed the raiders, but they carted off 1,500 credits and some cargo".

I guess for now I need to stop over expanding and relying on troops to fend off pirates at remote colonies.

< Message edited by Vardis -- 7/22/2014 5:55:57 AM >

(in reply to johanwanderer)
Post #: 3
RE: 1.9.5.5 - Pirates instantly succeeding at raid - 7/22/2014 5:04:14 AM   
johanwanderer

Agreed. By the way, it doesn't matter if you are / are not over extended. I have had pirate ships litterally get shot to pieces by my spaceport (with Gravity Well projector) after they send out their boarding parties, yet their raids were still successful even when there is no ships for them to go back to. The best way is just to locate their nests and wipe them out.

(in reply to Vardis)
Post #: 4
RE: 1.9.5.5 - Pirates instantly succeeding at raid - 7/22/2014 7:03:17 AM   
Kayoz

quote:

ORIGINAL: johanwanderer

their raids were still successful even when there is no ships for them to go back to.

Supposedly it was a requirement (introduced in one of the Legends patches, iirc) that raid success requires ships in close proximity - thus dropping off raiders and legging it would get nothing but complete failures.

Add this to the list of "recorded as fixed but not fixed" bugs.

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” ― Christopher Hitchens

(in reply to johanwanderer)
Post #: 5
RE: 1.9.5.5 - Pirates instantly succeeding at raid - 7/22/2014 3:08:21 PM   
GVind

It happen mostly then pirate forces almost instantly defeated. You can disband some troops and pirates will just fail after a time without any magic loot grabs. Seriously it must be fixed with timer for pirate raid - if pirates cant hold on a surface say for 20 seconds no raiding loot at all. I got 20k+ hydrogen supplies stolen in one raid ONE LONE raider instantly killed - totally insane.

< Message edited by GVind -- 7/22/2014 4:11:39 PM >

(in reply to Kayoz)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> 1.9.5.5 - Pirates instantly succeeding at raid Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI