Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Commander: The Great War 1.5.1 PC patch released

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> Commander: The Great War 1.5.1 PC patch released Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Commander: The Great War 1.5.1 PC patch released - 7/19/2014 11:40:49 AM   
Lord Zimoa

Hi guys,

The Commander: The Great War 1.5.1 Official Patch is out.

To update your game simply hit "check for update" within the CTGW launcher that starts up the game for an automated download and install.

Or for those who prefer manual download and install, see here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/385/downloads/

You can check if your game has been updated by afterwards checking the Credits menu, as in the top-corner you will see 1.5.1

Note! Patches are NOT incremental, so you never need any older patches, just download and install the latest patch and you are always fine.

The last official patch was version 1.4.2, if you want to track what changed, check the "View Readme" button at the end of the installer, look in your root folder for the readme text file or check the forum here:

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=48541

Enjoy the game!

Change History:
V1.5.1 – June 9, 2014

• Improvements
o New alliance borders
o Faster loading times
o Less memory consumption
o MP crossplatform compatibility added
o AI speedup
o Steam compatibility incorporated

• Bug Fixes
o AI fix that could cause a crash in some cases
o MP replay crash fix
o Harbour crash fix that could happen in some rare cases
o Strategic bombardment crash fix that could occur occasionally
o Various other bugfixes

< Message edited by Lord Zimoa -- 7/19/2014 12:42:37 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: Commander: The Great War 1.5.1 PC patch released - 7/19/2014 11:51:38 AM   
warspite1

So what is the position re minor countries entry into the war being stopped? Particularly the treatment in the last patch of Bulgaria. Has this been amended?

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 2
RE: Commander: The Great War 1.5.1 PC patch released - 7/19/2014 12:28:41 PM   
Lord Zimoa

Hi Warspite,

All focus for this patch was stability, fixing some annoying bugs, especially some MP related ones, integrating Steam compatibility, adding cross-platform MP compatibility, so PC and iPad can play against each other and incorporating all the code and engine changes benefiting from the iPad build as less memory consumption, faster loading speeds, adding the rewritten AI for AI speed up.

With the iPad and Steam releases next week this was our intention.

We will focus on more gameplay orientated changes in the next upcoming patches, so to answer your Q, nothing has been stopped, just with cross-platform support and new releases we focused on stability and did a lot of technical updates "under the hood" as this had absolute priority and was necessary to get the iPad and Steam versions released.

If you want some more info, Wargamer just released an interview were we explain a bit more:

http://www.wargamer.com/article/3643/interview-commander-the-great-war-for-ipad

< Message edited by Lord Zimoa -- 7/19/2014 1:30:01 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3
RE: Commander: The Great War 1.5.1 PC patch released - 7/19/2014 1:26:19 PM   
warspite1

Okay thanks for the update. Some of the existing issues are game breakers sadly so its a shame updates are not included here. But its good to know that development has not ceased and hopefully I can get back to playing this game in the not too distant future. Keep up the good work!

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 4
RE: Commander: The Great War 1.5.1 PC patch released - 7/19/2014 4:50:42 PM   
Wolfe1759

Given the above is there any ETA on the next patch?

< Message edited by Wolfe -- 7/19/2014 6:00:31 PM >

"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 5
RE: Commander: The Great War 1.5.1 PC patch released - 7/19/2014 5:15:49 PM   
kirk23

No ETA on the next patch as yet,but what I can say is that it will be very much more game play related.

Make it so!

(in reply to Wolfe1759)
Post #: 6
RE: Commander: The Great War 1.5.1 PC patch released - 7/20/2014 6:49:42 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: kirk23

No ETA on the next patch as yet,but what I can say is that it will be very much more game play related.
warspite1

kirk23 are you able to confirm - even if just high level - what is being worked on and/or in the pipeline for change in the next patch please?

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 7
RE: Commander: The Great War 1.5.1 PC patch released - 7/20/2014 9:47:52 AM   
kirk23

Hi Robert,to put you in the picture,as you know this release was mostly concerned with cross platform compatibility,and I personally had no input,because it was all software technical stuff.

But while that was going on,I was busy listening too gamers game play issues,and I have made adjustments to the Units Scripts,plus many other in game scripts,that deal with Free Upkeep,Ammunition,Minor Nation war activation,the list is endless and pretty boring to be perfectly honest,but to cut to the chase,all these changes needed to be made,and I have just informed the powers that be,that these alterations,are ready to be passed to the game testers.

Each Nation has more manpower,more Production points,meaning that Countries like Italy when they join the war,won't have to disband units just to survive.

Management Screenshot 1916 scenario turn 1 Entente.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 7/20/2014 11:27:51 AM >

Make it so!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 8
RE: Commander: The Great War 1.5.1 PC patch released - 7/20/2014 10:35:58 AM   
kirk23

quote:

Hi Robert,to put you in the picture,as you know this release was mostly concerned with cross platform compatibility,and I personally had no input,because it was all software technical stuff.

But while that was going on,I was busy listening too gamers game play issues,and I have made adjustments to the Units Scripts,plus many other in game scripts,that deal with Free Upkeep,Ammunition,Minor Nation war activation,the list is endless and pretty boring to be perfectly honest,but to cut to the chase,all these changes needed to be made,and I have just informed the powers that be,that these alterations,are ready to be passed to the game testers.

Each Nation has more manpower,more Production points,meaning that Countries like Italy when they join the war,won't have to disband units just to survive.

Management Screenshot 1916 scenario turn 1 Entente.

Management Screenshot 1916 scenario turn 1 Central Powers.

Attachment (1)

Make it so!

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 9
RE: Commander: The Great War 1.5.1 PC patch released - 7/20/2014 2:19:03 PM   
Sutefanu

Hi Guys!

I've been playing this game since it's release, and it certainly is fun.
There seems to be something strange with the latest patch, only germany has to pay upkeep costs. It can be seen in the finances overview screen.
Am I missing something or is this a bug?

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 10
RE: Commander: The Great War 1.5.1 PC patch released - 7/20/2014 5:43:00 PM   
Lord Zimoa

Hi,

It is not a bug, but something we are still looking at to maybe re-balance in future patches:

Read here for the ongoing discussion:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3603396

(in reply to Sutefanu)
Post #: 11
RE: Commander: The Great War 1.5.1 PC patch released - 7/20/2014 5:54:43 PM   
suprass81

Thanks for this patch. Good job!

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 12
RE: Commander: The Great War 1.5.1 PC patch released - 7/20/2014 7:02:52 PM   
kirk23

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutefanu

Hi Guys!

There seems to be something strange with the latest patch, only germany has to pay upkeep costs. It can be seen in the finances overview screen.

Not a bug,it has been looked at in great detail,and a solution has been put in place,all that is needed now is,a larger group of people to play test it some more,to allow for different game play styles.

Make it so!

(in reply to Sutefanu)
Post #: 13
RE: Commander: The Great War 1.5.1 PC patch released - 7/20/2014 9:40:07 PM   
nikolasjohn

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutefanu

Hi Guys!

Not a bug,it has been looked at in great detail,and a solution has been put in place,all that is needed now is,a larger group of people to play test it some more,to allow for different game play styles.

Not sure I understand that reply Kirk, but what I'm sure of is that I'm getting hammered against the AI on balanced as CP which might be due to the problem in question here. While germany has been too weak compared to its allies in past patch levels, this is now getting problematic as the entente seem to have grown much stronger (I can currently see 15 French infantry units + some garrisons in 1915 which is about what germany can muster on all fronts). The russians on the east front can also now cover the whole front at all times which means the only way a war of movement is going to happen is in them surrounding the much more scarce CP units.
I think I might have to play at the dummy difficulty level now for the first time which makes me feel bad for some reason.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 14
RE: Commander: The Great War 1.5.1 PC patch released - 7/21/2014 12:33:42 PM   
kirk23

Hi If you look at the 2 photo's in post number 9 within this thread,you can see that both the Entente & Central Powers are now paying Upkeep for there on map forces.

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 7/21/2014 1:34:52 PM >

Make it so!

(in reply to nikolasjohn)
Post #: 15
RE: Commander: The Great War 1.5.1 PC patch released - 7/21/2014 7:43:24 PM   
nikolasjohn

I can see that in your screenshot. However in my screenshot (which I don't know how to add to the post) Austria and Turkey have upkeep costs of 0, while germany has 47.
This is in the 1914 campaign (with 1.5.1).

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 16
RE: Commander: The Great War 1.5.1 PC patch released - 7/22/2014 9:12:01 AM   
Housies

Good to hear!

I will do a game soon with the new patch. When I am finished with my current Europa Universalis game.

(in reply to nikolasjohn)
Post #: 17
RE: Commander: The Great War 1.5.1 PC patch released - 7/22/2014 6:52:58 PM   
nikolasjohn

Sorry Kirk, I wasn't paying attention. Your screenshot shows the current - yet unreleased - improved stae of affairs I understand now.
Let's hope we won't have to wait for a lengthy apple approval process until we get 1.5.2 which is bound to improve the gameplay a lot.
I hope it will on the whole also fix the problem that in 1.5.1 in SP as CP I can choose between "peace of cake" and "getting slaughtered" in terms of difficulty level (haven't tried the one above "getting slaughtered" yet).

(in reply to Housies)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> Commander: The Great War 1.5.1 PC patch released Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI