Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Minor capture issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Minor capture issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Minor capture issue - 7/23/2014 12:43:44 PM   
Vardis

Once a target has already had its shields worn out, ships that I give an order to capture the target will stop using tractor beams. Those should be used while the target is out of range, and once the target has been boarded, they should probably be used to push the ship away so I'm taking less damage while the capture is ongoing.
Post #: 1
RE: Minor capture issue - 7/23/2014 6:42:10 PM   
johanwanderer

Related issue: if you have carriers in your capture fleet, and order the fleet to "capture X", their fighters would stop attacking other targets and just circle the ship being boarded, while the carriers gets annihilated by the remaining ships.

(in reply to Vardis)
Post #: 2
RE: Minor capture issue - 7/23/2014 8:59:28 PM   
Vardis

Another capturing issue - a couple of times I get a message that I've boarded and taken over the enemy ship, and it immediately explodes. Is this how it's showing me auto-scrapping the ship based on my empire settings (I don't think I have it set to ever scrap a ship), or is the AI self-destructing before I can take the ship over in those cases?

(in reply to johanwanderer)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Minor capture issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI