Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: [WIP] Extended Plus! Minimod for Distant Worlds Extended [50 Races]

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: [WIP] Extended Plus! Minimod for Distant Worlds Extended [50 Races] Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: [WIP] Extended Plus! Minimod for Distant Worlds Ext... - 6/6/2014 12:51:02 PM   
dvr

Well technically humanoids should be mammalian as well! And not to be annoying but it is a misconception that a rabbit is a rodent, but is not true. It is related to the hare. The family plants is officially called "Plantea" (Latin) All the plants, trees, grasses and the like are belonging to this family. Sorry for the know-it-all speech. I'm a biologist, so if I see misconceptions I can't resist to help people learn the correct facts.

(in reply to Inawordyes)
Post #: 31
RE: [WIP] Extended Plus! Minimod for Distant Worlds Ext... - 6/6/2014 9:04:31 PM   
Azuran

I found my old account details and can edit the original post. I will be using Azuran exclusively from now on.

Again, it feels like mooching, but my second, third, fourth (and fifth, by technicality; when I upload my races you'd get an understanding as to why I say that) races I decided would belong to second new RaceFamily (which I guess the first one, Botanical, isn't so "new" since you already had the same idea first, haha), "Primate". Which could roll straight into your Mammalian group without a problem, haha.

I am not to concerned if yourself or others are inspired by my ideas, because I myself get inspired by others everyday. I actually had it to Plant but changed it to Botanical.

Well one of the concerns I had was that only carbon based lifeforms were represented, and I think its a bit of fun to introduce life with hypothetical biochemistries.

Well technically humanoids should be mammalian as well! And not to be annoying but it is a misconception that a rabbit is a rodent, but is not true. It is related to the hare. The family plants is officially called "Plantea" (Latin) All the plants, trees, grasses and the like are belonging to this family. Sorry for the know-it-all speech. I'm a biologist, so if I see misconceptions I can't resist to help people learn the correct facts.

Good! I actually come from a biology background as well and I can understand your perplexion. I am planning on calling it Botanical since mushrooms,lichens, and fungi do not belong to Plantae and for the average population the word Botanical is common enough for them to understand.

Changelog:

Created base raceBiases file for all 60 races.
Created base raceFamilies file will all 10 Families.
Created base race FamilyBiases file with all 10 Families.
Renamed 58 Kalipha to Qanipha

0.04 Create race images for all 21 races.

0.03 Finalized names for all 20 races.
40 Klorophora
41 Arandako
42 Kingsley
43 Galatos
44 Zebola
45 Xabaddon
46 Sycelium
47 Quartz
48 Sharlanka
49 Ranga
50 Wyvern
51 Tyranakos
52 Jakumaru
53 Charcario
54 Azzuri
55 Avion
56 Varrasul
57 Evilian
58 Khalipha
59 Florian

(in reply to dvr)
Post #: 32
RE: [WIP] Extended Plus! Minimod for Distant Worlds Ext... - 6/6/2014 9:39:50 PM   
dvr

Yeah I understand, and of course I understand that there needs to be a good balance between realism and creativity in a science-fiction game and that you have always contradiction with realism. I think you Botanical race is a good solution. Creating a new family for each race would be bit ridiculous. I was just pointing some facts out. Anyway, I'm looking forward to your mod!

(in reply to Azuran)
Post #: 33
RE: [WIP] Extended Plus! Minimod for Distant Worlds Ext... - 6/18/2014 7:20:38 PM   
spiralaxis

Looking forward to watching this develop. Any updates?

(in reply to dvr)
Post #: 34
RE: [WIP] Extended Plus! Minimod for Distant Worlds Ext... - 6/19/2014 1:23:43 PM   
ParagonExile

Hope this turns out well!

(in reply to spiralaxis)
Post #: 35
RE: [WIP] Extended Plus! Minimod for Distant Worlds Ext... - 7/26/2014 1:18:37 PM   
Raruto

I'm glad to see this mod is still in work, i was not finding it and thought you gave up.
The new topic title has no "plus" inside and took hell out of me (joke) to find it again .
Can't wait to see the first release.

(in reply to Inawordyes)
Post #: 36
RE: [WIP] Extended Plus! Minimod for Distant Worlds Ext... - 8/16/2014 9:43:00 AM   
Locust71

This mod is dead? I hope not. Looks interesting.

(in reply to Raruto)
Post #: 37
RE: [WIP] Extended Plus! Minimod for Distant Worlds Ext... - 7/26/2015 8:08:33 AM   
IndigenousLifeForm

indeed i hope its not dead it was quite interesting to me

(in reply to Locust71)
Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: [WIP] Extended Plus! Minimod for Distant Worlds Extended [50 Races] Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI