Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI v Shakturi

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> AI v Shakturi Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI v Shakturi - 7/28/2014 1:13:36 AM   
kuertee

Can the AI without player intervention defeat the Shakturi?

It gets very hectic after the Shakturi reveal themselves and war breaks out.

I enabled full auto and both the fleet and the World Destroyer the Ancient Guardians give to the player were sent to battles they could never have won.
Post #: 1
RE: AI v Shakturi - 7/28/2014 1:24:27 AM   
Nanaki

Nope. Shakturi start out with a massive tech and military strength advantage, and while the DW AI is not terrible, its biggest weakness is that it is terrible at force concentration (both offensive and defensive). It loves to send small, individual fleets to certain death and generally does a poor job coordinating fleets between eachother. Note that while this does apply to the Shakturi, the Shakturis tech and numbers advantage enables its fleets to thoroughly smash the Alliance fleets.

Although it is a pity that Player Pirates cannot play the Shakturi storyline, but have it run in the background as opposed to the player playing a front-line role. Then you, as a pirate, could make a conscious choice over weither to aid the Shakturi, aid the Alliance, or watch both sides pummel eachother to dust.

I ate the batter of the bulge at Hans' Haus of Luftwaffles

(in reply to kuertee)
Post #: 2
RE: AI v Shakturi - 7/28/2014 8:12:28 AM   
Kilravock

The AI has problems countering a single plant destroyer and the ancient guardians. It does' not stand a chance against the shakturi and their massive advantages. The shakturi is really the end game for the player to take on.

(in reply to Nanaki)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> AI v Shakturi Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI