Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Getting back in

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Opponents Wanted >> Getting back in Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Getting back in - 7/27/2014 6:37:27 PM   
MPHopcroft1

I was afraid that after I upgraded my computer and found that my downloads had expired on all my Matrix games (I really need to pick up a new one but have a lot of things on my plate for my money) that I would be unable to play TOAW. Imagine my surprise when I found that I still had a setup file and that my serial number still worked! I now have it on my system.

Of course, now I have to remember how to play. I also have to remember what some things mean, like those lines on the counters that are on some counters and not on others. I also found that a lot of the scenarios I like, and most of the numerous scenarios I'm interested in from outside (which I need to figure out how to grab again) are PO, meaning they are a lot better with a live (or more likely PBEM) opponent.

Which means I'm wondering if I could play a teaching-refresher game with someone. Ideally I'd like to manage to play out one turn a day (something I've had trouble with in the past owing to the number of irons I have in the fire), but if someone can help with that I'd really like to have another go at learning TOAW.

"Any asset that would cost you the war if lost is no longer an asset, but a liability." -- Me

"No plan survives the battlefield" -- old Army saw.

"Without Love, I'd have no Anger. I wouldn't believe in Righteousness" -- Bernie Taupin
Post #: 1
RE: Getting back in - 7/28/2014 10:23:40 PM   
ddiego

Sent you a private message.

(in reply to MPHopcroft1)
Post #: 2
RE: Getting back in - 7/31/2014 6:54:30 PM   
MPHopcroft1

The fact that I responded rather slowly is not a good sign.

I think I should post some of my newbie questions (even though I've owned copies of the game for more than seven years)...

"Any asset that would cost you the war if lost is no longer an asset, but a liability." -- Me

"No plan survives the battlefield" -- old Army saw.

"Without Love, I'd have no Anger. I wouldn't believe in Righteousness" -- Bernie Taupin

(in reply to ddiego)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Opponents Wanted >> Getting back in Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI