Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Feature/Errata or bug?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Feature/Errata or bug? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Feature/Errata or bug? - 8/2/2014 8:14:41 PM   
Tryam

If I have a construction ship build at a colony and get frightened off I get an incomplete (Base/Station) that I can spend Years trying to get to grow I can't repair it as it is at a colony but the colony seems not to be able to build it either.
It's very odd. The best thing I've found is destroy it and rebuild. I actually had this happen at a mining station But I was able to "double" mine a moon that way. (Expect this is not intended) This I was able to "repair" and complete both.
Happens a lot with pirates, seeming to beeline pass my "defense fleet" and partially damage the construction ship or base and scaring of the constructor.
Post #: 1
RE: Feature/Errata or bug? - 8/3/2014 8:37:11 PM   
Mortimer14

I've seen the same thing without realizing what was happening. Numerous constructors show up in the ships and bases screen that I cannot assign a task to and cannot get to move anywhere. These ships do not show up with the "next construction" button in the lower left of the main screen either. If I order these scrapped, the game ignores me.

In addition to this, in the "next contstruction ship", are usually several constructors that are not complete and/or have no fuel, that I cannot move or assign anything. These at least I can scrap and rebuild.

As an example of this in the build screen, where you can order the construction of numerous ships, I see that there are 58 construction ships already built (and presumably paying maintenance on), but in the "next constructor" button there are only 35.

Now I'm wondering if they are this way due to a previous pirate attack and are not actually complete.

I've seen explorers and colony ships this way too.

(in reply to Tryam)
Post #: 2
RE: Feature/Errata or bug? - 8/4/2014 1:41:07 AM   
silentdeth

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tryam

If I have a construction ship build at a colony and get frightened off I get an incomplete (Base/Station) that I can spend Years trying to get to grow I can't repair it as it is at a colony but the colony seems not to be able to build it either.
It's very odd. The best thing I've found is destroy it and rebuild. I actually had this happen at a mining station But I was able to "double" mine a moon that way. (Expect this is not intended) This I was able to "repair" and complete both.
Happens a lot with pirates, seeming to beeline pass my "defense fleet" and partially damage the construction ship or base and scaring of the constructor.

You have to, as you noted, manually order a constructor to repair the base. The problem is that partially built bases do not ask constructors to repair them like fully built ones do. You should actually repair them though, don't scrap and rebuild, as you have to pay for it twice.

(in reply to Tryam)
Post #: 3
RE: Feature/Errata or bug? - 8/4/2014 9:48:25 PM   
Tryam

quote:

ORIGINAL: silentdeth

You have to, as you noted, manually order a constructor to repair the base. The problem is that partially built bases do not ask constructors to repair them like fully built ones do. You should actually repair them though, don't scrap and rebuild, as you have to pay for it twice.

That works great when it's not a colony at the site. I haven't been able to get my constructor to repair items at colonies.(Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I never get the hammer) If it's just at a planet it hammers away.
Sometimes the colony just doesn't seem to make progress at a reasonable rate. New colony built one in the time it'd get 5% done and that new colony was founded after this one. Destroying it and production resumed more normally. I've had times I've played years and the production completion never moved and the colony didn't report any shortages. (One thing I failed to check was the reserved) I've had times when it will eventually finish building the item (At the colony) but also times it doesn't. I had one planet get 5 defensive bases due the constructor running away that many times before I had the system locked down good enough for the first to complete. (Completed the rest) and that was one well defended colony once I built that.
I've been trying to find a consistent way to reproduce so I can really /bug it. (Report it as a bug and a reproducible one) I just wish the constructor would come back and finish what it started.

(in reply to silentdeth)
Post #: 4
RE: Feature/Errata or bug? - 8/4/2014 10:22:49 PM   
Retreat1970

I set my constructors to flee when attacked not when enemy sighted. Works for me 90% of the time. No more running away.

(in reply to Tryam)
Post #: 5
RE: Feature/Errata or bug? - 8/4/2014 11:41:48 PM   
Tryam

I'll try that. Seems like a really good idea.

(in reply to Retreat1970)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Feature/Errata or bug? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI