Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Master Wishlist Thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: Master Wishlist Thread Page: <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 7/24/2014 8:04:45 PM   
Mortimer14

I would also like better control over tax rates. With full automation, you have a choice of setting taxes to 0%, 25%, or 50% (low, medium, high) depending on the current population. I would like to have at least 3 more divisions with the ability to set an actual % not just a level. I.E. 45% instead of "High".

With 50 or more colonies it doesn't make sense to leave tax rate as manually controlled. It just takes too much time to adjust each and every one.

(in reply to Mortimer14)
Post #: 1771
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 7/25/2014 5:34:59 AM   
CharlesSurge

It may remove some confusion if ships in the "Exploration" classification would receive the racial bonus to "Military Ship Sizes."

It actually took me "too long" to figure out, as I was playing on a beta branch and thought it may have been a bug, so I was trying different things also on the official branch. I was beefing up my Exploration Design to fight Space Creatures. I'm a new player and don't know how important that is. I do appreciate that regular "Military" ships can be fitted with the Resource Profile Sensor and given missions to "Explore..."

Of course, I love the game. Thanks for making and patching it.

< Message edited by CharlesSurge -- 7/25/2014 6:36:06 AM >

(in reply to Mortimer14)
Post #: 1772
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 7/25/2014 6:33:45 AM   
Genome

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mortimer14

I would also like better control over tax rates. With full automation, you have a choice of setting taxes to 0%, 25%, or 50% (low, medium, high) depending on the current population. I would like to have at least 3 more divisions with the ability to set an actual % not just a level. I.E. 45% instead of "High".

With 50 or more colonies it doesn't make sense to leave tax rate as manually controlled. It just takes too much time to adjust each and every one.

This sounds like a great idea

< Message edited by Genome -- 7/25/2014 7:34:02 AM >

(in reply to Mortimer14)
Post #: 1773
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 7/28/2014 4:03:09 PM   
Solarius Scorch

As evidenced by this thread, changing the font size became an issue with the message log: a significant portion of users think the message space at the top of the screen is simply too small to be comfortable.

Perhaps this area could simply be adjustable by click-and-dragging the bottom edge up and down, like a normal window in any modern OS? Then everyone could have it as big as they want.

Forever Future 1.7 for Call to Power - the biggest mod for the best Civilization-like game ever!

(in reply to Mortimer14)
Post #: 1774
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 7/29/2014 2:06:45 AM   
Mortimer14

A new "nice to have" option occurred to me today.

When you have a lot of pirates to contend with, at least early in the game, it becomes necessary to pay for protection from at least some of them.

The problem arises when you have the empire settings to "suggest" contracts. The game will "suggest" that you cancel the protection contract with each and every pirate you are paying off.

Here is my dilemma, you click on "Decline" because you're not ready to deal with those pirates at this time. Click decline on the others as well. The game will ask you again in 1 or 3 months (it might even be 6 months not sure which) and it will keep asking you at regular intervals until you "Approve" cancelling the contract.

Set the game on X4 speed and get annoyed having to "Decline" these contracts every 10 seconds of real time.

What I would like is an option list so that you click on "decline" and get a popup asking for a time interval (e.g. 1 yr, 3yr, 5yr, never).

The pirates will eventually cancel the contract anyway, so why bother me with it.

Just a thought

< Message edited by Mortimer14 -- 8/1/2014 9:39:21 PM >

(in reply to Solarius Scorch)
Post #: 1775
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 7/29/2014 2:30:06 AM   
spiralaxis

A few different ideas that have been floating into my head at work.

RACES
1. Split the research bonus races get into 3, so that each tree can be set individually. (ie: A race could be expert explorers (Energy tree) but be rubbish with weapons)

2. Add "DisallowedColonyPopulationPolicy". Some races may refuse to exterminate, or refuse to assimilate others.

3. Revise the ColonyPopulationPolicyGrowthFactorExterminate idea to be more like ResourceEffect -- modders could decide whether a given ColonyPop policy has an affect on a race. Ideas: Parasitic or carnivorous (+growth rate%) race that for whom "Enslaved" means "Livestock" but not to the point of exhausting a population. Or, gladiatoral arenas (Exterminate or Enslave) where troops can hone their skills.

4. Increase the maximum number of races allowed in the game to 80-100, or add a screen for players to select which 50 of the X races they have in their /RACES folder that they would like to include in game.

ESPIONAGE
We need to have more control over our spies. Add policy options to set:

* The minimum %Chance of success before the AI is allowed to send a spy on a mission

* Re-use the list of empire research priorities to let the player set empire espionage priorities. The combination of the above minimum success chance (85%) with, say, "Hyperdives" and the existing allow/disallow options for automation would let us say "You are allowed to steal research from empires we dislike on hyperdrives if you can get an 85+% chance of success"

* The minimum number of agents kept on counter-espionage (maybe)
Add a relatively low-risk to assess the level and strength of counter-espionage in a target empire. Have the result stay for a length of time similar to Operation Map.

UI
Rework the right message panel to include tabbed filters with counts of the number of unread messages.

GOVERNMENTS
Add a "CanBeChanged" field to governments. This could be used to make "Way of Darkness" or other governments (Capricious Extra-Dimensional Intelligence, perhaps) be a one-way adoption trip."

AI/RESEARCH
Modify the AI to build more research bases and reduce the value/lab.

COMPONENTS
Add a new "Repair Dock" component which is a construction yard that exclusively performs repairs. This gives the player (and AI) a simpler avenue for managing construction bottlenecks and create repair-only stations near battlefronts.

Alternatively, add some kind of a for which construction yards can build new ships, or a percentage of docks reserved for repair-only.

TECH TREE
Add 4 more columns to the tech tree, bringing the total to 12, and make the constant used for determining the cost of research in any given column moddable.

This could make life easier for those attempting major revisions of the tech tree.

VICTORY CONDITIONS
Add "% ruins controlled" to victory conditions.

SPACE COMBAT
Revise the attack strategies to make more effective use of weapons. Right now "All Weapons" (from Icemania's testing) has the ship try to maintain 80% of max distance of its main weapon, which results in very poor damage for most weapons.

There are several ways to modify this, including:

* Making "All Weapons" try to maintain a distance where its main weapon does 80% of its max damage instead of at 80% of its max range. It may be easiest to add another field to the weapons to hold that range target rather than calculating it on the fly.

* Allow more refined control of combat tactics by specifying (%damage) of (shortest-/longest-ranged weapon)

(in reply to Mortimer14)
Post #: 1776
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 7/29/2014 6:15:24 AM   
Blackstork

Please allow:
To have more than 1 Race-specific Goverments
Allow Goverments unlocked by Techs
Allow triggering characters/events by researching tech
Allow certain custom characters to be aviable only if certain goverment used.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 7/29/2014 8:45:05 PM >

(in reply to spiralaxis)
Post #: 1777
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 7/29/2014 11:13:01 AM   
lurchi

Things I'd like to have in the order of importance.

* Raise the max number of components from 170 to at the very least 250. I already have 50 new components I can't add. The list is growing, I'm done with just the first research area.

* Add templates for planet destroyers.
Since only beam weapon research leads to planet destroyers I want to add other planet buster weapons as endtech for several other weapon research paths to even out the playground. The problem is I need ship templates for planet destroyers so the various races can utilize the different weapons. Even better would be to allow ship class and template creation.

There's also the question how the game recognizes alternate planet destroying weapons. Destructive power only or is there need for a new parameter in the components file?

* Include bonus/malus for weapons like targeting or striking against shields/armor in the components file instead of hardcoding them. It would be great if there were a new option for the weapon's impact on the crew so I could create a real death ray.

* Add a description field for components similar to facilities and plagues.

* Allow more and various planetary weapons. As of now only one ion weapon per planet is possible. Allow defining new facilities similar to wonders, if possible with more influence options.

* Allow more races. The more the better, but at least 100. A team of modders is thinking about a mega mod for DW Universe and 50 is way to low.

* Make the bundled huge construction size from gaining planet destroyer weapons unusable for ships without such a planet buster in the design.

< Message edited by lurchi -- 8/7/2014 6:28:33 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 1778
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 7/29/2014 2:38:51 PM   
Efaferal

Ship Design Template modification.

I would like to be able to have multiple builds for the same class. Perhaps delineated by name.

i.e.
file cruiser.txt would have

shipClass; Constitution
--- build info below ---

shipClass; Independence
--- build info below ---

in the build box the cruiser drop down would now contain
Constitution mk I
Independence mk I

This will allow for specialized builds within the ship class so one could design a missile cruiser and a command cruiser and when it is time to upgrade wont have to worry that the command cruisers will be 'upgraded' to the missile cruiser build.

thanks in advance.
-E

(in reply to lurchi)
Post #: 1779
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 7/29/2014 7:08:25 PM   
ParagonExile

Higher-resolution allowance for art assests.

Let me use high-res UI buttons, ships and planets.

(in reply to Efaferal)
Post #: 1780
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 7/30/2014 2:36:26 PM   
janamdo

Research stations build as other starbase stations are not recognised by other empires ??
This is not realistic in this game .. a free safe unseen place (station) for sheltering research labs
Can this be chanced ?

< Message edited by janamdo -- 7/30/2014 3:37:18 PM >

(in reply to ParagonExile)
Post #: 1781
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 7/31/2014 8:29:39 AM   
fierceking

My wishlist

- increase the cap on components
- increase the cap on resources
- allow for more than 5 resources for the manufacture of a component
- allow planets to produce more than 6 resources (cap is at 6)
- add a 4th designation of (Parts or Tech parts)
- Type of Resource: 0=Mineral, 1=Gas, 2=Luxury, 3=Parts
(This way I can make planets produce items that can be used to make components)
ColonyManufacturingLevel = population in billions * development level <-- this does not work

- or maybe allow spaceports to generate resources, this way pirates aren't at a disadvantage since they don't have planets.

- DisAllowTech to complement

WeaponsResearchProjectOrder
EnergyResearchProjectOrder
HighTechResearchProjectOrder

- where you designate a tech # that is first on the tech branch so that the whole branch can be ingored by the AI
so instead of listing every single one of the tech #, you just list the first one and the rest of the branch is ignored
* if I make a mod with many branches to the weapon tree, I don't want the AI to research every single one. Just the ones it will need. Right now the only way to get around this is making all the branches converge at the end so that even the player has to research the whole tech tree.

- allow modders to specify when the AI should start building defensive bases on planets via planet population or development level
- allow modders to assign how many % of fleets or # of fleets that should be on attack mode and defense mode

(in reply to janamdo)
Post #: 1782
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/1/2014 8:38:27 PM   
Mortimer14

quote:

ORIGINAL: Efaferal

I would like to be able to have multiple builds for the same class. Perhaps delineated by name.

i.e.

shipClass; Constitution
--- build info below ---

shipClass; Independence
--- build info below ---

Constitution mk I
Independence mk I

This will allow for specialized builds within the ship class so one could design a missile cruiser and a command cruiser and when it is time to upgrade wont have to worry that the command cruisers will be 'upgraded' to the missile cruiser build.

thanks in advance.
-E

You can already do this without modifying any txt files. In ship design, select your ship class, press "copy as new", change the name as you suggest above and save the design. You now have two designs for the same ship.

(in reply to Efaferal)
Post #: 1783
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/1/2014 10:24:29 PM   
Mortimer14

In the lower left of the screen when viewing colony information, you have an option to pay for smuggling one or many resources to that colony. You can also, if you have the option to "suggest contracts" in setup, wait for your advisors to suggest that you offer a smuggling contract.

If you build 3 (or 4 depending on race) types of recruiting facilities, this option is covered up by the types of troops that you can recruit.

The result is that you now have to wait for your advisors to ask you to offer a smuggling contract (this won't happen if you set it to fully manual).

I would like to see either: 1) more options along the bottom of this screen so that the smuggling and mercenary defense are not covered up; or 2) move the smuggling button to the right and cover up wonders or facilities instead .. both of these are available in the colony information screen anyway;

alternatively; 3) add an option in the colony information screen where you can offer such a contract.

< Message edited by Mortimer14 -- 8/3/2014 8:46:50 PM >

(in reply to Mortimer14)
Post #: 1784
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/2/2014 5:51:54 PM   
fruitgnome

Please raise the cap of 50 races or at least the cap of 50 used shipImages/familiyXX so that I can use for my race ingame as many ship images as possible. There are so many great modded pictures!

(in reply to Mortimer14)
Post #: 1785
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/4/2014 7:34:36 PM   
Efaferal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mortimer14

quote:

ORIGINAL: Efaferal

i.e.

shipClass; Constitution
--- build info below ---

shipClass; Independence
--- build info below ---

Constitution mk I
Independence mk I

thanks in advance.
-E

You can already do this without modifying any txt files. In ship design, select your ship class, press "copy as new", change the name as you suggest above and save the design. You now have two designs for the same ship.

@Mortimer

My wish item is not to support the player. Rather, it is to support the AI by giving a means to create specialized ships within a given class. As far as I am aware the AI only builds ships from the template text files. ( please advise me if I am wrong on this. )

Thanks,
-E

(in reply to Mortimer14)
Post #: 1786
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/6/2014 12:29:17 PM   
Blackstork

Please please allow assign race-specific playlists for music... music is so powerful tool to express race mood/nature/immersion.... together with ui change you already implemented this will be great gain for game immersion/customisation/diversity.

(in reply to Efaferal)
Post #: 1787
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/6/2014 7:49:49 PM   
Blackstork

Ah , another thing, please add some modding to buildings, the tools related to buildings are very limited.

quote:

ORIGINAL: lurchi

Facility modding is very restricted. Upgrading facilities in game is not possible as of now. New academies are not possible at all. New facilities are not possible in general, I can only modify the existing types.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 1788
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/7/2014 7:18:28 PM   
Ikke

Simple, but maybe hard request:

The ability to write in modifiers to component stats.

Basically, I'd like the ability to make components interdependent on one another or present circumstances. Basically, the ability to write simple maths in the component effects.

Being able to write in fixed values gives a lot of options already:
Command module maintenance savings = X% / [Ship size] - Making big ships more expensive to maintain
Weapon damage = (x * 10) / [number of the same weapon] - Giving diminishing returns on having more of the same weapon on a ship

If it could be extended to take present circumstances in account, more interesting things could be done:
Shield recharge = X * [max shields] / [current shields] - Making shield recharge faster when they are low, and slower when they are fuller.
Hyperdrive initiation time = X * [max energy storage] / [current energy level] - Making it harder to jump out of a battle which drained the energy banks

This would allow a lot of flexibility to modding if it could be done.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 1789
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/9/2014 2:34:00 AM   
Vardis

The main thing that I'd like to see at this point is for the diplomacy to be cleaned up a bit. Most everything seems way too overvalued when compared to cashflow and the number of credits a race will have. They shouldn't be willing to give away all their income for a decade or more so I'll trade embargo someone I wasn't trading with to begin with. Or for a disputed mining station. Especially if they don't like me and could pay pirates 1/1000th of that value to attack it. That sort of thing.

(in reply to Ikke)
Post #: 1790
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/9/2014 12:20:31 PM   
Blackstork

Please exxpand hard limit of 50 shipsets , and at least, add the notification about that it exist to modding guide documentation.

(in reply to Vardis)
Post #: 1791
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/10/2014 1:06:07 AM   
CaptainBipto1

A way for pirates to transition in and out of pirate playstyle.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 1792
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/10/2014 8:52:21 AM   
Solarius Scorch

Please increase the number of landscape images.

Right now, the engine only allows 4 images per planet type. Considering there are millions of potential landscape pictures around the Internet, and the number of worlds in any given DW galaxy, why not allow any number of planet pics? I'd like to be able to just dump them in respective folders (barren, continental, etc.) for the game to use.

Forever Future 1.7 for Call to Power - the biggest mod for the best Civilization-like game ever!

(in reply to CaptainBipto1)
Post #: 1793
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/14/2014 2:03:30 AM   
webgame0003

Tweaks on racial policy:
Maybe add some native race to planets newly joining to the empire.
Assimilate certain race rather then all the alien races.
Can research race special tech if certain race made up some percentage of empire population.

UI tweak:
Navigate to planet by Unique Wonder if explored.

(in reply to Solarius Scorch)
Post #: 1794
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/15/2014 6:44:56 PM   
fruitgnome

Please

- make it possible to talk with other empires over their goovernment with difficult options to change the government
- make it possible to trade with colonies, I mean it was in one update possible ("disputed colony")
- an option to turn off the notification for cancel a treaty by 1 and 4 years and ever
- an option to change the willingness to cancel treaties to 0
- more than 50 shipsets
- the possibility to give other presents than money
- a notification if a empire is near to be defeated (genocide) if three colonies are left, the empires should ask for help
- real trade stations, the stations are only to shorten the way to other empires
- an option to set a min cargo of the different fuels at the starbases
- an option to set that only robots should be build on colony (no recruits)
- a computer ship control system so that life support and hab modules are needless
- a lot of more spies and an option to return if the job is done it is annoying to send a spy several times to steal one tech
- an option to say the ai at with risk it should send a spy on mission
- the ai should only ask to attack with automized fleets and not if they are refuiling or attacking
- all new build ships can be automized but colony ships should not, to escort them by military ships
- alot of more events
- a more complicate cummunication with empires, like at first you only understand /()§&%("= and later "Welcome" or "We will kill you!"
- super evil race maybe robots, that are not feeling and cannot communiate only created by race from another far away galaxy to kill others
- the possibility to explore another galaxies a realy open world game
- all feeling good races should care for life, they should attack military things not passenger ships etc.; I recognized that they are not attacking research stations and resort bases; but research stations are normal to attack in war
- the things that the empire do should be notificated and avenge by other empires
- the ai should check who began the war and so if you only help the attacked empire the other good empires should not declare war at you if you have a good reputation to this empire
- race specific wonders
- automized fleets should try to capture bases if pod strength is higer than defence
- high res images
- changeable hotkeys
for the following one only a setable hotkey is enough:
- to select between the resort bases
- to select between the research bases
- to select between the star bases

This is only my dream list, it would be nearly perfect...

< Message edited by fruitgnome -- 8/15/2014 7:58:52 PM >

(in reply to webgame0003)
Post #: 1795
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/17/2014 6:52:12 AM   
Tyrador

Is it possible to implement component manufacturing (AKA Better Economy), so that having manufacturing plant would allow me to select specific component to be built? This would be very useful especially for pirate factions, since on the one hand it reduces the need of having mining network for mercenaries, but on the other hand greatly enhances the smuggler gameplay, because it might be quite interesting to build manufacturing oriented pirate faction/corporation.

Also more importantly it will justify the option of canceling tech trading, since there might be no need for an empire to have technology to built a ship/station at a cost of paying extra to buy components from other empires/pirates that manufacture them.

Maybe private factories would be better, to reduce micromanagement?

Logical consequence for this would be implementation of component screen with supply and demand statistics:

I hope it wouldn't be hard to implement this feature. Thanks.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Tyrador -- 8/17/2014 7:53:16 AM >

(in reply to fruitgnome)
Post #: 1796
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/17/2014 9:11:10 AM   
Blackstork

Greetings again!
Please add custom soundtrack system, now I reworked my proposition for solution – its very easy.

Theme/Sounds/Music folder could contain folders List01, List02, List03 etc…
Then in racial file there could be parameter
customSoundtrackFolders; 1,3

Then for this race music will be played from folders 1 and 3 only
Thanks

(in reply to Tyrador)
Post #: 1797
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/20/2014 1:06:27 AM   
Wanabe

I'd like to point out an old thread of suggestions I made on steam here (some of which are redundant now):
http://steamcommunity.com/app/261470/discussions/1/540744299915727053/

I'd also like a new option for the "Other Empires" screen when starting a new game. For the "auto-generate starting empires" option an extra toggle option/tickbox for telling the game it should try to make it so there's only 1 of each race. IE instead of potentially randomly choosing human races 3 times the game chooses the Human race the first time and then from there is no longer allowed to pick the Human race. If all the available races get picked then it starts the process again, picking one race once for each cycle (IE it picks a race, removes it from the valid random race list, once the available race list reaches zero it resets back to default to repeat). Perhaps home system could be another option to add to the auto-generate starting empires area.

Tax policy options could perhaps target desired amount of happiness at each tax level. Also more tax policy options would be excellent.

[edit]
Perhaps a ship design or policy options to allow empires to build a Star Base with entertainment/medical on planets that don't have space stations. I like to build these in my own games to boost happyness all throughout my main empires, would be cool to see the AI do this in their secure locations as it should allow for higher taxes aswell.
[/edit]

< Message edited by Wanabe -- 8/20/2014 2:38:37 AM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 1798
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/21/2014 10:13:17 AM   
fruitgnome

You should be informed by a pause screen, if a planet destroyer is detected to fly to attack something, like it is at plagues. I mean a pop-up screen.

Without a pop-up it is sensless to play against shakturi, you will be informed about a plenet destroyer but if you not recognize your planet is destroyed.

< Message edited by fruitgnome -- 8/24/2014 4:50:08 PM >

(in reply to Wanabe)
Post #: 1799
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/21/2014 7:20:07 PM   
TeurisKador

Could it please be added the option to change weapon's properties(to the 'Meanings of Value1-7 for component types:), for example I would like to mod beams to have 50% bypass rate or have beam graphics for point defense cannon.

Thank you very much for considering this addition.

(in reply to fruitgnome)
Post #: 1800
Page:   <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: Master Wishlist Thread Page: <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI