Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Marine Defense Battalions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Marine Defense Battalions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Marine Defense Battalions - 8/8/2014 11:53:23 PM   
98ZJUSMC

Round about mid-late '44, as everyone knows, many of the Defense Battalions will change to AA battalions. This is historical, of course. My question is: What drives this? Is it in the database as a Unit Name/MTOE change? If so, I can't discern it. Or, is it part of the game software and happens randomly.

I ask because I would like to modify the change to certain DB's. I set up my base occupation forces as Defense Battalions and then, *poof* AA Battalions and it messes up my theater organization.

Thanks!

Post #: 1
RE: Marine Defense Battalions - 8/9/2014 12:29:37 AM   
EHansen

They will only update their TOE if you put them at rest when within range of a Command HQ. Don't put them at rest.

(in reply to 98ZJUSMC)
Post #: 2
RE: Marine Defense Battalions - 8/9/2014 12:39:48 AM   
wdolson

Land units are frequently assigned to a TOE. It isn't necessary, but most are. These are the unit templates on which the unit is built. TOEs upgrade as the game goes on which triggers units to change.

You can find a unit's base TOE by looking at the TOE ID item in the Locations table in the editor.

The TOEs are in the Locations table between 2017 and 2900. The upgrade TOE is the Upgrade TOE item in a unit description.

It looks like the starting TOE for Marine Def Bns is 2378.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to 98ZJUSMC)
Post #: 3
RE: Marine Defense Battalions - 8/9/2014 2:40:04 AM   
98ZJUSMC

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdolson

Land units are frequently assigned to a TOE. It isn't necessary, but most are. These are the unit templates on which the unit is built. TOEs upgrade as the game goes on which triggers units to change.

You can find a unit's base TOE by looking at the TOE ID item in the Locations table in the editor.

The TOEs are in the Locations table between 2017 and 2900. The upgrade TOE is the Upgrade TOE item in a unit description.

It looks like the starting TOE for Marine Def Bns is 2378.

Bill

Yeah, I went through the units with the editor and couldn't see the AA upgrade in the MTOE slot/Upgrade TOE slot. There was no name change either. That's where I got confused, I guess. I'll look through them again.

Thanks!

EDIT: Yes. The TOE ID is indeed 2378. Upgrade TOE is blank/greyed out. I'm looking at it as I type. OK. In the 2378 Location the TOE upgrades to 2388 Marine AA Bn. I could blank that out and none would change, but would not be historical. Hmmmm....

quote:

ORIGINAL: EHansen

They will only update their TOE if you put them at rest when within range of a Command HQ. Don't put them at rest.

Ahhhh. OK. That would explain the seeming randomness of the change, since I wasn't paying any attention to that. One game only two updated to AA (the 9th and the 12th, I believe) and the current game, all but the 3rd, 6th, 51st and 52nd did.

Thanks!

< Message edited by 98ZJUSMC -- 8/9/2014 3:48:37 AM >

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 4
RE: Marine Defense Battalions - 8/9/2014 2:19:08 PM   
PaxMondo

So, you can control which ones do and when ... very nice feature of the game ...

Pax

(in reply to 98ZJUSMC)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Marine Defense Battalions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI