Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: So Is This Game Dead?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> RE: So Is This Game Dead? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: So Is This Game Dead? - 7/26/2013 10:19:04 AM   
Panama Red

It is a shame that Hunter has let this game just fade away without additional patches as he mentioned a while back.

(in reply to Stwa)
Post #: 31
RE: So Is This Game Dead? - 8/30/2013 8:52:29 PM   
siddious

Been lurking for a while now ,just waiting for the nod (the patch) but will not commit till i here of a move from Hunter.Its fustrating that what could be the best ww1 game being stuck in limbo like this ,I dont wait alone.

(in reply to Panama Red)
Post #: 32
RE: So Is This Game Dead? - 9/14/2013 4:10:02 AM   
Symple

Still, it is a fun game.

(in reply to siddious)
Post #: 33
RE: So Is This Game Dead? - 12/7/2013 5:09:50 PM   
Stwa

Yup, you are right, it is a fun game.

I finally got around to v 1.34, and my latest game was a Schlieffen plan.

It is late in the game, but I noticed that the Russian's do not attack anymore. And when I recon their stacks (what's left of them), there are no HQ units.

Also, note the minimap. There are several British units in Greece that just do not appear on the map. One Romanian unit that ended up in Hungary doesn't appear as well.

The game has been fun, but no Russian revolution so far, and it's September 1917.

I have manage to persuade Italy to stay out of the war, but America and Romania joined the Entente.

For some reason, I couldn't buy HQs for Bulgaria, so I trained down a few German Corps with a HQ. We captured the Romanian capital which stopped all their units from trying to move into Hungary.

You can buy artillery barages for Bulgaria, the only problem is, they don't have any artillery, and you can't build artillery either.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Symple)
Post #: 34
RE: So Is This Game Dead? - 12/9/2013 4:48:24 AM   
SMK-at-work

Yes it's some of those little things like the minors being able to waste scarce points on arty they can never buy that need tidying up.

IIRC there are no extra leaders for Romania & Bulgaria in the counter mix so they don't get to buy any - just the ones they start with

(in reply to Stwa)
Post #: 35
RE: So Is This Game Dead? - 12/9/2013 11:58:43 AM   
Stwa

Hi,

The Russian revolution came early 1918, and the game ended with a decisive victory. I can see some minor fixes making this game very tight.

But Frank hasn't shown up, so I guess this is it forever.

I would play this game before the one that doesn't allow stacking, and for Ageod, well, me thinks region games aren't always that great, and I have read you have alot of organizing to do like the first Ageod Civil War game?

I would critisize Frank or any other developer of games of this magnitude in the following way. Please do not embed graphics within the EXE file, where modders cannot make changes to them. And also, please put data into delimitted text files where users can make simple changes to them. Letting modders perfrom simple edits to the game might increase its longevity, and might create additional sales for the title.

(in reply to SMK-at-work)
Post #: 36
RE: So Is This Game Dead? - 12/9/2013 12:10:41 PM   
Stwa

quote:

ORIGINAL: SMK-at-work

Yes it's some of those little things like the minors being able to waste scarce points on arty they can never buy that need tidying up.

IIRC there are no extra leaders for Romania & Bulgaria in the counter mix so they don't get to buy any - just the ones they start with

Yes, but me thinks as it relates to Bulgaria (and perhaps some of the other minors), Frank just didn't finish of the logic behind the National Status form. Thats all. For instance you can buy barrages and HQs, which is not necessary. And everything related to status and production is not displayed at all.

Post #: 37
RE: So Is This Game Dead? - 12/12/2013 3:03:21 PM   
Agathosdaimon

perhaps you should send frank a pm - he does respond to those on occasion

(in reply to Stwa)
Post #: 38
RE: So Is This Game Dead? - 7/20/2014 1:56:21 PM   
fabfreri

HI!

Anyone can explain me how works the "disband" command?

I guess the unit disappears, but what about the men?

(in reply to Panama Red)
Post #: 39
RE: So Is This Game Dead? - 7/21/2014 5:14:57 AM   
SMK-at-work

Men go back to the pool - but I think only 1/2 the equipment does.

(in reply to fabfreri)
Post #: 40
RE: So Is This Game Dead? - 7/22/2014 7:12:10 AM   
SMK-at-work

Frank is still active - Matrix released "Piercing Fortress Europe" early this year (see ht Matrix forum for it) - I messaged him last night & he does want to update GOA - bu some of his older Napoleonic games need work more urgently, and perhaps anther using the PFE mechanism

Post #: 41
RE: So Is This Game Dead? - 8/9/2014 2:50:24 AM   
Xikar

I just bought it. Love it. Not dead for me.

(in reply to Stwa)
Post #: 42
RE: So Is This Game Dead? - 8/10/2014 7:54:07 PM   
fabfreri

Me too...

(in reply to Xikar)
Post #: 43
RE: So Is This Game Dead? - 8/11/2014 10:42:39 PM   
SMK-at-work

it is still by far and away the best strategic level simulation of WW1 IMO - I had a private offer of a game just last night, and someone posted in "opponents wanted" just a few days ago.

Of course there is effectively just the 1 scenario, so after much play you get a bit used to it....but that doesn't detract from its genius :)

(in reply to fabfreri)
Post #: 44
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> RE: So Is This Game Dead? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI