Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.01 Release)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.01 Release) Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.01 Release) - 8/10/2014 5:28:38 AM   
Icemania

Does this work?

Extended AI Improvement Mod 1.01 Link

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 391
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.01 Release) - 8/10/2014 7:12:29 AM   
Sithuk

Icemania: I'm giving the mod a go at the moment. I'm still early in the game but for the reduction in micromanagement of research and design alone it's a must have mod. I feel I only need to monitor the AI's choices, with the occasional tweak. I don't have to spend as much time constantly re-designing ships and bases as your templates are well made. Very impressive work.

I'm curious, do you believe an AI Mod game is winnable on extreme without using the tech for cash trading exploit?

< Message edited by Sithuk -- 8/10/2014 8:48:43 AM >

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 392
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.01 Release) - 8/10/2014 7:23:29 AM   
Blackstork

Hey mate , I asked this in beyond thread but I will ask again here perhaps you or someone will have idea... How to force race with 200 trpp strength (Dlakars) to rush independents and neighbors with troop invasions. They are designed to be horrendous man-eater worm powerhouse but ai hesitate and wait a lot before he gets invasions started. Its grandly effective for them, have any ideas? Beyond merged 100% with ai 1.01 but aside from optimizing their 130% size designs and adding 1 troop compartment on frigs and dessies I didn't nothing above the merge. Perhaps there more things that could prioritize rush ground invasion?

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 8/10/2014 8:24:53 AM >

(in reply to Sithuk)
Post #: 393
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.01 Release) - 8/10/2014 8:09:07 AM   
Icemania

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blackstork
Hey mate , I asked this in beyond thread but I will ask again here perhaps you or someone will have idea... How to force race with 200 trpp strength (Dlakars) to rush independents and neighbors with troop invasions. They are designed to be horrendous man-eater worm powerhouse but ai hesitate and wait a lot before he gets invasions started. Its grandly effective for them, have any ideas? Beyond merged 100% with ai 1.01 but aside from optimizing their 130% size designs and adding 1 troop compartment on frigs and dessies I didn't nothing above the merge. Perhaps there more things that could prioritize rush ground invasion?

I see that you have already increased "WarWillingness" and "SubjugationPriority" for the Dlakar which would have been my top suggestions. I'm not sure what else you can do that would be directly effective. Maybe put WarWillingness to Max and see what happens. Or increase TroopRecruit levels. Or decrease InvasionOverkillFactor a little. Reduce Friendliness and Caution closer to the limit of 50?

< Message edited by Icemania -- 8/10/2014 9:09:19 AM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 394
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.01 Release) - 8/10/2014 8:15:08 AM   
Icemania

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sithuk
Icemania: I'm giving the mod a go at the moment. I'm still early in the game but for the reduction in micromanagement of research and design alone it's a must have mod. I feel I only need to monitor the AI's choices, with the occasional tweak. I don't have to spend as much time constantly re-designing ships and bases as your templates are well made. Very impressive work.

I'm curious, do you believe an AI Mod game is winnable on extreme without using the tech for cash trading exploit?

Thanks Sithuk.

In answer to your question ... Yes ... I won on Extreme in a test game before release. I plan to do an AAR showing this at a later stage. I assume ParagonExile also avoided diplomatic exploits in earlier comments as well. But my strategy is different to Vanilla and my games take a lot more time to win.

(in reply to Sithuk)
Post #: 395
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.01 Release) - 8/10/2014 8:16:51 AM   
Blackstork

sure, i think i missed overkill factor.... they could attack with 0.5 even heh
I hope that will do improvement too, if it will work bit better than its now this will be special race to play as and to deal with
On extreme the fact they auto-enslave will balance their growth as AI

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 396
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.01 Release) - 8/10/2014 4:03:40 PM   
Mortimer14

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icemania

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mortimer14

When I click on the "Extended 1.01 Release: Thursday August 7th 2014" link on page 1, I get taken to a "Mediafire" site where I get hit with adware, malware and some stupid driver manager software download.

I cannot find a valid link on that page to get the extended 1.01 release.

/rant

For the Vanilla AI Improvement Mod I've used TinyUpload which seems very clean and easy. Unfortunately they have a 50MB limit, so I can't use it for Extended.

For the Extended AI Improvement Mod I've used Mediafire as it's been used by other long-term Modders such as Haree78 and it's free for what is needed here. I've used Mediafire to download various Mods without difficulty, just close pop-ups, sometimes play a video and enter a security code, and always had a valid download link to use. Then again as ParagonExile suggested I also use MalwareBytes. While it's not my area of speciality, as someone who has had Cybersecurity experts in my teams, trust me you really really really want to have a tool like MalwareBytes installed.

I recently downloaded the Warhammer 40k Mod which looked clean and easy to download with Dropbox, so let me have a look at that option.

Keep in mind this is a voluntary effort in my own spare time, so if you want to say nothing positive and just rant, don't expect me to be as helpful next time, expect Bad Icemania.

I'm using AVG anti-virus which tells me when I'm about to download malware.

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 397
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.01 Release) - 8/10/2014 4:31:47 PM   
PsyKoSnake

Effectively, there is a problem with the download for Extended version

1. With Google Chrome, the dowload never start.
2. With explorer, it detect a malware.

Icemaniam can you upload the file on the same site as the Vanilla version. (It's ok I saw your new link, maybe changing the link in the front page for the new one would be better.)

Mediafire dont work really well.

If i remove the ad blocking program, it dowload crap.

This link work: https://www.dropbox.com/s/areap3m2ohn7fle/Extended%20AI%20Improvement%20Mod%201.01.zip

< Message edited by PsyKoSnake -- 8/10/2014 6:45:53 PM >

(in reply to Mortimer14)
Post #: 398
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.01 Release) - 8/10/2014 7:36:07 PM   
ParagonExile

quote:

Thanks Sithuk.

In answer to your question ... Yes ... I won on Extreme in a test game before release. I plan to do an AAR showing this at a later stage. I assume ParagonExile also avoided diplomatic exploits in earlier comments as well. But my strategy is different to Vanilla and my games take a lot more time to win.

Yes I did, I avoid using exploits against opponents that can't also do them.

The steamroller strategy is basically unbeatable, the AI just can't retaliate well enough or concentrate its forces to defend.

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 399
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.01 Release) - 8/11/2014 3:18:10 AM   
Mortimer14

quote:

ORIGINAL: PsyKoSnake

Effectively, there is a problem with the download for Extended version

1. With Google Chrome, the dowload never start.
2. With explorer, it detect a malware.

Icemaniam can you upload the file on the same site as the Vanilla version. (It's ok I saw your new link, maybe changing the link in the front page for the new one would be better.)

Mediafire dont work really well.

If i remove the ad blocking program, it dowload crap.

This link work: https://www.dropbox.com/s/areap3m2ohn7fle/Extended%20AI%20Improvement%20Mod%201.01.zip

The dropbox link worked well.

thank you.

Also, I apologize for my previous rant. I tend to get annoyed when a link that I should be able to trust takes me for a ride.
It was my fault for not reading all 14 pages of this posting to find a recent link.

< Message edited by Mortimer14 -- 8/11/2014 4:28:43 AM >

(in reply to PsyKoSnake)
Post #: 400
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.01 Release) - 8/11/2014 8:57:29 AM   
Icemania

Thanks both for the confirmation that the Dropbox linked worked as I can now update the link in the OP.

(in reply to Mortimer14)
Post #: 401
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.01 Release) - 8/11/2014 9:27:43 AM   
CptDrake

Have found that to download from MediaFire it's necessary to remove/exit your Anti-virus software. For some reason the download never starts, or if it does the result is corrupted. I use Chrome here.

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 402
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.01 Release) - 8/12/2014 2:48:33 PM   
Icemania

One problem with Dropbox is that I can't tell how many people have downloaded Extended. If was interesting watching the downloads with Vanilla and Extended 1.01 released at the same time. I knew most people played Extended but wow credit to Haree78, there were easily 4x as many downloads for Extended.

By the way, thanks for all of the screenshots of crazy battles and the AI beating you up, it's really appreciated!

< Message edited by Icemania -- 8/12/2014 4:01:34 PM >

(in reply to CptDrake)
Post #: 403
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.01 Release) - 8/12/2014 3:02:21 PM   
PsyKoSnake

quote:

One problem with Dropbox if that I can't tell how many people have downloaded Extended. If was interesting watching the downloads with Vanilla and Extended 1.01 released at the same time. I knew most people played Extended but wow credit to Haree78, there were easily 4x as many downloads for Extended.

By the way, thanks for all of the screenshots of crazy battles and the AI beating you up, it's really appreciated!

Or you can upload the file on the same site as the vanila version.
Tinyupload.com work fine.

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 404
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.01 Release) - 8/13/2014 9:01:22 AM   
Icemania

quote:

ORIGINAL: PsyKoSnake
Or you can upload the file on the same site as the vanila version.
Tinyupload.com work fine.

As mentioned a few posts ago tinyupload has a 50MB limit which is not sufficient for the Extended version. Obviously that was my preference.

(in reply to PsyKoSnake)
Post #: 405
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.01 Release) - 8/14/2014 7:53:51 PM   
Tanaka

With the new patch out finally starting a new game and one thing I noticed that also might help improve the AI is it possible to set all AI fleets to attack system targets instead of nearby? Ive noticed if fleets are set to attack nearby they will ignore pirates and monsters in the system that are causing havoc in other parts of the system...

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 8/14/2014 8:54:52 PM >

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 406
RE: Possible AI Improvement Mod - 8/14/2014 8:45:48 PM   
spiralaxis

Now that the patches are live and I've been able to install this, I've noticed an issue: none of the bases (Banoserit/Hard/Starting) have more than 1 energy collector. Just thought I'd raise a flag on it.

(in reply to Cauldyth)
Post #: 407
RE: Possible AI Improvement Mod - 8/14/2014 8:53:57 PM   
spiralaxis

Would this redirect count trick for bit.ly work?

http://blog.bitly.com/post/58375278/change-gonna-come-to-bit-ly-today

< Message edited by spiralaxis -- 8/14/2014 9:54:55 PM >

(in reply to Cauldyth)
Post #: 408
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.01 Release) - 8/14/2014 9:03:48 PM   
spiralaxis

Icemania: My phone browser crashed when I tried to post it but I turned up something called orangedox for dropbox that may let you count downloads. Know nothing else about it though.

< Message edited by spiralaxis -- 8/14/2014 10:05:28 PM >

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 409
RE: Possible AI Improvement Mod - 8/15/2014 9:54:51 AM   
Icemania

quote:

ORIGINAL: spiralaxis
Now that the patches are live and I've been able to install this, I've noticed an issue: none of the bases (Banoserit/Hard/Starting) have more than 1 energy collector. Just thought I'd raise a flag on it.

This is part of the Developer Support Wishlist in the OP.

The design templates clearly state the game will ensure there are an adequate number of energy components.

This developer bug was raised in Technical Support on July 7th and there has been no response.

(in reply to spiralaxis)
Post #: 410
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.01 Release) - 8/15/2014 9:56:04 AM   
Icemania

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka
With the new patch out finally starting a new game and one thing I noticed that also might help improve the AI is it possible to set all AI fleets to attack system targets instead of nearby? Ive noticed if fleets are set to attack nearby they will ignore pirates and monsters in the system that are causing havoc in other parts of the system...

Agree. We have no Mod capabilities in this area.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 411
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.01 Release) - 8/15/2014 9:57:08 AM   
aZmoDen

hey Icemania, ive started a couple of new games with this mod and havent run into the ancient guardians yet, its 2100.03.09 game time.

Has your mod changed the way theyre introduced into the game/map? changed a trigger or something? have i missed them? has someone already destroyed them?
i have all the story lines activated and am reluctant to continue the current game until i know if theyre going to be present.

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 412
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.01 Release) - 8/15/2014 10:00:52 AM   
Icemania

quote:

ORIGINAL: aZmoDen
hey Icemania, ive started a couple of new games with this mod and havent run into the ancient guardians yet, its 2100.03.09 game time.

Has your mod changed the way theyre introduced into the game/map? changed a trigger or something? have i missed them? has someone already destroyed them?
i have all the story lines activated and am reluctant to continue the current game until i know if theyre going to be present.

No change except that Ancient Guardians ships are more powerful.

I upgraded the Shakturi as well but the game does not use Shakturi templates we make in the Return of the Shakturi Event.

This developer bug was raised in Technical Support on July 26th and there has been no response.

(in reply to aZmoDen)
Post #: 413
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.01 Release) - 8/15/2014 10:58:05 AM   
aZmoDen

yeah i raised teh same concern in the same forum, found your thread and commented too, as wlel as in the new release notes.
Thanks for the heads up im going to start one more game and see if they turn up, if not im going to have to redact teh tweeks i made to this mod :D
as it is more than likely something i did as apposed to you did it seems.

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 414
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.01 Release) - 8/15/2014 6:47:44 PM   
sayke

Icemania - thank you for your excellent work on this! It's awesome =D

(in reply to aZmoDen)
Post #: 415
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.01 Release) - 8/15/2014 8:51:59 PM   
Erik Rutins

We have a lot on our list and unfortunately we can only do so much for each update. Things have been a bit slower with first Elliot's vacation and then mine, but there are more fixes and changes on the way.

We do however read each post in the Tech Support sub-forum.

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 8/15/2014 9:52:26 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to sayke)
Post #: 416
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.01 Release) - 8/15/2014 11:52:43 PM   
Icemania

I appreciate your post Erik.

Please understand our perspective, we think you are probably working on some of this, but it's been very quiet for some time. It would probably help if Elliot posted more, at least while you were on holidays, so we know what was cooking, and we would certainly appreciate more engagement.

I understand feature changes need to be weighed up and may or may not happen. More my concern is the bugs as some are quite significant e.g. doubling populating growth, energy collectors.

With the AI Improvement Mod the AI is far more focused on building wonders, researching to double population growth is a important strategy which simply doesn't work at the moment. This is amongst many examples of improvements in this Mod that many of us would argue should be in the Vanilla game.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 417
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.01 Release) - 8/16/2014 1:36:45 PM   
Hikikomori

I am not sure if i messed something up with the install, but i am puzzled by the fact that the design templates do not include any fighter bays in carriers at start. I have downloaded the DWU-Extended version of the ai mod, also the templates are called 1.9.0.0.

Did i mess up or is this working as intended?

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 418
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.01 Release) - 8/16/2014 1:47:19 PM   
aZmoDen

Hey quick question Icemania, Im still not gettin ancient guardians, but my new theory is i have too many ai players for them to spawn.
Ive run 15x15 1400 ;37 empires, 15x15 1000 25 then 24 empires (current game), and im pondering that too many extra AI players might negate the ancient guardians spawning.
So the question is (i guess) how many ai players do you have in the latest game youve played, where the ancient guardians have spawned?

Also, in the weapons research screen, Super Area Weapons is separated from the rest of the research tree, with no links.
Is this supposed to be such:

PROJECT ;274, Super Area Weapons, 9, 10, 0, 23, 3, 0.0,
COMPONENTS ;24

This has it on teh same level as the top level of gravatic weapons (gravatic resonance, advanced gravatic resonance, superiour gravatic resonance).
imageproof

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 419
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.01 Release) - 8/16/2014 2:59:22 PM   
Icemania

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hikikomori
I am not sure if i messed something up with the install, but i am puzzled by the fact that the design templates do not include any fighter bays in carriers at start. I have downloaded the DWU-Extended version of the ai mod, also the templates are called 1.9.0.0.

Did i mess up or is this working as intended?

In the default game the AI does research and also builds designs using a smorgasboard of weapons. As a human player I'm always able to build significantly better ships than the AI and one of the main reasons for that is due to focusing on particular weapon types. I was also concerned that some weapons were not used enough in game.

In the Extended AI Improvement Mod there are six races that focus on fighters: the Caleph, Mortalen, Napoar, Securan, Shandar and Tairoshan. While smaller ships will use Missiles or Torpedoes, as the ship designs get larger, you will find more and more of a focus on Fighter Bays for those races. Research is targeted appropriately. The AI will build a far larger proportion of Carriers once you have the technology compared to default.

For other races, since they focus on other weapons types the Carrier designs are unused and redundant.

< Message edited by Icemania -- 8/16/2014 4:08:11 PM >

(in reply to Hikikomori)
Post #: 420
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.01 Release) Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI