Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Japanese land in OZ!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Japanese land in OZ!! Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/15/2014 5:06:33 AM   
JocMeister

Forgot to attach this screen last night!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 781
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/15/2014 6:06:12 AM   
JocMeister

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

Hate to sound like a broken record, but I've been pointing out for years that allowing the bombing of unused airfields to destroy the supply of armies deployed in field created an easymode game for the Japanese player in China.

Many have tried to make China tougher to conquer, but have failed. I believe they will continue to fail until this mechanism is altered.

Unfortunately every time I bring it up I get lambasted by the entire community and shouted down by a flurry of "it has to be that way...stupid" responses.

From my perspective, nothing about destroying the supply of field armies by bombing unused airbases has ever made a lick of sense.

steps back down from soap box

Actually Tom has done next to no AF bombings. Instead he has gone after the troops in the priority:
Clear terrain
Moving
Strongholds

From my experience this might have been even more effective then bombing AF supply. He has caused on average around 1000 casualties per day. 1000 casualties x 150 days = 150.000 casualties from bombing alone. I hate to think how much supply getting all those disablements back have costs.

Then add the almost invulnerable armor which can attack and cause massive casualties despite horrible combat odds. But the biggest problem is lack of Chinese supply, or perhaps rather with the ease the Japanese can sustain combat, day after day without the slightest worry of supply problems. China is simply not balanced for that kind of scenario.

I know RA has started looking into the issues with China. Perhaps they can get it sorted. It will be really problematic to balance though. IMO I think it would be better to work on toning down the Japanese rather then giving the Chinese more. I think it could easily turn the Chinese into an insane powerhouse in 43-44.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 782
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/15/2014 10:23:23 AM   
HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

I know RA has started looking into the issues with China. Perhaps they can get it sorted. It will be really problematic to balance though. IMO I think it would be better to work on toning down the Japanese rather then giving the Chinese more. I think it could easily turn the Chinese into an insane powerhouse in 43-44.

I agree. Against a less than astute Japanese player (the AI) the Chinese are already powerful enough to liberate most of the country in '42.

Would be nice to see the Japanese toned down, especially anywhere outside a base hex and the Chinese handicapped by warlord lack of loyalty to the central regime, and strained by the communist/nationalist tension.

Hans

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 783
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/15/2014 11:16:30 AM   
JocMeister

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

quote:

I agree. Against a less than astute Japanese player (the AI) the Chinese are already powerful enough to liberate most of the country in '42.

Would be nice to see the Japanese toned down, especially anywhere outside a base hex and the Chinese handicapped by warlord lack of loyalty to the central regime, and strained by the communist/nationalist tension.

I think implementing substantial Garrison requirements on both sides could possible help to slow down the tempo and make it harder to steamroll stuff. If Sian and Lanchow (for example) had 1000 AV requirements each that would mean a lot less troops available for Chunking/Changsha after the almost required Sian/Lanchow start.

Then add a lot to the existing requirements and both sides will have less troops available which would mean less supply burnt. Obviously very hard to tune and balance but not impossible I think.

< Message edited by JocMeister -- 8/15/2014 12:20:42 PM >

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 784
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/15/2014 11:17:43 AM   
obvert

quote:

Actually Tom has done next to no AF bombings. Instead he has gone after the troops in the priority:
Clear terrain
Moving
Strongholds

From my experience this might have been even more effective then bombing AF supply. He has caused on average around 1000 casualties per day. 1000 casualties x 150 days = 150.000 casualties from bombing alone. I hate to think how much supply getting all those disablements back have costs.

Then add the almost invulnerable armor which can attack and cause massive casualties despite horrible combat odds. But the biggest problem is lack of Chinese supply, or perhaps rather with the ease the Japanese can sustain combat, day after day without the slightest worry of supply problems. China is simply not balanced for that kind of scenario.

Apparently repairing disabled devices and squads does not cost supply. If a unit does not have supply it will not repair them, but they will repair at no cost if the unit is in good supply. If it's very low or out of supply altogether, squads and devices will become disabled.

I had thought there was a cost to repair these as well until just recently when someone steered me in the right direction.

I think the gnarly roads map/pwhex changes might go a ways farther to fixing supply movement and garrison allotments in China, thus tying down and slowing the Japanese more the farther hey get into China. The part that needs fixing has to do with the disparity in logistical possibility for both sides. The game designers may not have considered that the Japanese would simply flood China with supply that moves a bit too freely down very good road and rail systems, but the gnarly road idea might slow this supply movement at least.

If there were more small Chinese dot bases (without airfields that could be bombed) with internal supply generation on the order of a total of around 200-300 supply a day, that would give the Chinese a chance to keep some supply in frontline corps but still without an early chance at offensive actions.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 785
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/15/2014 11:37:03 AM   
HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

If there were more small Chinese dot bases (without airfields that could be bombed) with internal supply generation on the order of a total of around 200-300 supply a day, that would give the Chinese a chance to keep some supply in frontline corps but still without an early chance at offensive actions.

I like that idea.

I'm not sure though that garrison requirements would have all that great an impact.

I typically ignore garrison requirements with the Allies and accept a little damage at bases I'm not using anyway in order to prioritize having units at the front where I need them, both in India and China.

< Message edited by HansBolter -- 8/15/2014 12:37:28 PM >

Hans

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 786
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/15/2014 11:39:45 AM   
JocMeister

quote:

Apparently repairing disabled devices and squads does not cost supply. If a unit does not have supply it will not repair them, but they will repair at no cost if the unit is in good supply. If it's very low or out of supply altogether, squads and devices will become disabled.

I had thought there was a cost to repair these as well until just recently when someone steered me in the right direction.

I think the gnarly roads map/pwhex changes might go a ways farther to fixing supply movement and garrison allotments in China, thus tying down and slowing the Japanese more the farther hey get into China. The part that needs fixing has to do with the disparity in logistical possibility for both sides. The game designers may not have considered that the Japanese would simply flood China with supply that moves a bit too freely down very good road and rail systems, but the gnarly road idea might slow this supply movement at least.

AH, that is good to know! But that begs the question. What is burning ALL Chinese supply in just 3-6 months? Is it just the constant battle?

In general I would be very cautious about giving the Chinese more supply. That kind of stuff would be very hard to balance I think. For example extra supply could be used to start repairing industry that would in turn generate more supply and so on...

I think the best way to deal with it would be to balance down the Japanese ability to maintain such a massive tempo on several vectors. As I wrote to HB I think perhaps the best way would be to drastically increase the garrison requirements for both sides. Especially in occupied territory. If the Japanese had to leave behind say 2000 AV for Sian and Lanchow grabbing Chungking/Changsha would be harder to do. Probably requiring buying out troops from Manchuria.

Perhaps an overall increase of Garrison requirements for both sides to put less troops on the front would help too.

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 787
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/15/2014 11:49:41 AM   
DesertedFox

I'll throw my 2 cents in here re China.

I recently returned to play witp_ae approx 6 months ago. Prior to that about 3 or 4 years
ago I had about 4 games that ended in my allied victory on or before Feb42 and a dual game against the same opponent, 1 as allies the other as Japan, these end in approx Aug 42. In all those games I had no issues defending in China.

I now have 2 games going playing Dababes, 1 as allies and 1 as japan and another just finished as allies. As the allies in China I am cruising, in my 1 game as japan I feel I have the better of the game so far, but it isn't reversible for my opponent.

Bottom line IMHO if the Chinese are getting rolled its bad play on the allied players part.....full stop...end of story.

Of course the one thing people don't want to hear is, your playing badly. Its much easier to blame the scenario, the data, the 'whatever', as long as the blame is shifted from oneself.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 788
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/15/2014 12:00:35 PM   
JocMeister

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deserted Fox
Bottom line IMHO if the Chinese are getting rolled its bad play on the allied players part.....full stop...end of story.

Of course the one thing people don't want to hear is, your playing badly. Its much easier to blame the scenario, the data, the 'whatever', as long as the blame is shifted from oneself.

Must be a lot of "bad players" on this forum then since about 80% of the AARs end with the Japanese steamrolling China. Many players whom play both sides and have a lot of experience still looses China as the allies. I guess the makers of RA is "playing badly" too since they tried to address the issue? Or Simon/JWE (one of the developers of AE) for that matter. Here is a link for your interest.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3591647

Ever considered that what the allies accomplish in China isn´t up to the allied player? Its hard to take you seriously when you make a comment like that after playing one allied DBB game where you are "cruising". From that one game (vs one opponent) you deduct that all allied players not "cruising" in China suck.

Couldn´t be that:
A: Your opponent doesn´t have any interest in China?
B: Your opponent is inexperienced?
C: You opponent lack your outstanding brilliance?

If I were you I would take a more humble approach to things then throwing out "bad players". Especially when basing it on one single game you have played....

< Message edited by JocMeister -- 8/15/2014 1:28:01 PM >

(in reply to DesertedFox)
Post #: 789
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/15/2014 12:25:31 PM   
Lowpe

Fighting in China for some JFBs is about as much fun as going to the dentist.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 790
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/15/2014 12:52:12 PM   
Mundy

I've been whipped badly in China before.

I had given up too many cities, and from there supply fell through the basement.

Ed-

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 791
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/15/2014 1:18:45 PM   
Spidery

quote:

I typically ignore garrison requirements with the Allies and accept a little damage at bases I'm not using anyway in order to prioritize having units at the front where I need them, both in India and China.

Risky if you are worried by AV. The VP loss seems to come off your total so effectively counts the same as giving the Japanese 4 VP for AV purposes. For the long game the VP loss is pretty irrelevant.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 792
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/15/2014 1:24:30 PM   
HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spidery

quote:

Risky if you are worried by AV. The VP loss seems to come off your total so effectively counts the same as giving the Japanese 4 VP for AV purposes. For the long game the VP loss is pretty irrelevant.

Yea, its one VP per base attack in addition to the damage. It ranges from about 2-3 per turn to as much as 5-6 per turn, but it has never worried me as I have to play scenarios with an outrageously over powered Japanese side for the Japanese to ever even get ahead of me in VPs.

In scen 1 or 2 games the Japanese never even pull ahead of the Allies in VPs. In Ironman, Ironman Nasty and Nasty Nasty games the Japanese side starts out ahead of the Allied side in VPs.

We should probably table this discussion tho and let the AAR get back on track.

< Message edited by HansBolter -- 8/15/2014 2:25:17 PM >

Hans

(in reply to Spidery)
Post #: 793
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/15/2014 1:44:23 PM   
obvert

quote:

quote:

AH, that is good to know! But that begs the question. What is burning ALL Chinese supply in just 3-6 months? Is it just the constant battle?

In general I would be very cautious about giving the Chinese more supply. That kind of stuff would be very hard to balance I think. For example extra supply could be used to start repairing industry that would in turn generate more supply and so on...

I think the best way to deal with it would be to balance down the Japanese ability to maintain such a massive tempo on several vectors. As I wrote to HB I think perhaps the best way would be to drastically increase the garrison requirements for both sides. Especially in occupied territory. If the Japanese had to leave behind say 2000 AV for Sian and Lanchow grabbing Chungking/Changsha would be harder to do. Probably requiring buying out troops from Manchuria.

Perhaps an overall increase of Garrison requirements for both sides to put less troops on the front would help too.

Repairing industry isn't going to affect the outcome in China. For LI it would take 1,000 days to make up the initial cost of repairing each factory. That puts you in a surplus by mid-44 if you do it immediately. With HI it is half the time, but it's limited by the fuel used to run it, which is already short and flows poorly in China.

Those kinds of garrison requirements seem a step too far. I'd advocate for smaller increases over more bases in the area the Japanese actually did occupy, and in line with what they actually kept in some of those locations, plus maybe some for each other newly added dot base that is captured. So effectively as the Japanese move forward their garrison requirements get more difficult to manage while keeping up a broadly based offensive. This would be more in line with a realistic situation, but wouldn't sequester 20-25% of the total Chinese Expeditionary Army in the far NW of the country where it's strategically useless.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 794
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/15/2014 1:51:10 PM   
obvert

quote:

I recently returned to play witp_ae approx 6 months ago. Prior to that about 3 or 4 years
ago I had about 4 games that ended in my allied victory on or before Feb42 and a dual game against the same opponent, 1 as allies the other as Japan, these end in approx Aug 42. In all those games I had no issues defending in China.

I now have 2 games going playing Dababes, 1 as allies and 1 as japan and another just finished as allies. As the allies in China I am cruising, in my 1 game as japan I feel I have the better of the game so far, but it isn't reversible for my opponent.

This is ridiculously condescending and arrogant first of all. Some of the most highly regarded players on the forum have not been able to hold China against a focused and skilled opponent who prioritizes China over other theaters. This last portion is important. If China is a priority, then something else on the map is not, and a lot of troops and resources are diverted away from areas where the Allies will eventually have a chance to use this opportunity.

Secondly, you don't give enough information to treat this post seriously. What does 'cruising' mean to you and how is that manifested in game? How did you effect such an early positive result in China? What opposition did you face and how did you defeat it? How did you deal with the problems discussed here of lack of supply, heavy Japanese bombing of troops, and the lack of anything to battle japanese armor?

Post #: 795
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/15/2014 1:51:51 PM   
offenseman

If one wanted to slow a Japanese advance through use of garrison requirements it might be useful to use garrisons of 125 AV in some bases that start the game in Allied control, and either more of them the further west receive a garrison requirement or the garrisons get larger like 200 AV in the west. 115, 125, and 200 being key as split divisions can be met by the 115 standard and the two IJA rgt sizes by 125 and 200. Losing a lot of split divisions and rgts would slow any advance and make it harder to guard flanks.

< Message edited by offenseman -- 8/15/2014 2:53:27 PM >

Sometimes things said in Nitwit sound very different in English.

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 796
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/15/2014 1:54:02 PM   
offenseman

quote:

quote:

This is ridiculously condescending and arrogant first of all. Some of the most highly regarded players on the forum have not been able to hold China against a focused and skilled opponent who prioritizes China over other theaters. This last portion is important. If China is a priority, then something else on the map is not, and a lot of troops and resources are diverted away from areas where the Allies will eventually have a chance to use this opportunity.

Secondly, you don't give enough information to treat this post seriously. What does 'cruising' mean to you and how is that manifested in game? How did you effect such an early positive result in China? What opposition did you face and how did you defeat it? How did you deal with the problems discussed here of lack of supply, heavy Japanese bombing of troops, and the lack of anything to battle japanese armor?

+1 and not even going to comment on it past this one.

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 797
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/15/2014 2:11:07 PM   
Cribtop

If gnarly roads help we'll find out soon as the Between the Storms game Michael and I are starting uses it. I hope it helps in China, India, and from my perspective, in Burma.

(in reply to offenseman)
Post #: 798
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/15/2014 2:18:40 PM   
offenseman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cribtop

If gnarly roads help we'll find out soon as the Between the Storms game Michael and I are starting uses it. I hope it helps in China, India, and from my perspective, in Burma.

Doing an AAR? I'll follow that. Speaking of Burma, I have always felt the supply flows much too well through the jungle.

(in reply to Cribtop)
Post #: 799
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/15/2014 3:14:36 PM   
Encircled

quote:

"Bad Play on the allies part"

Hmmmm, think you might be owing all those allied players who get steam rollered in China an apology.

Good hit on those AMCs!

(in reply to offenseman)
Post #: 800
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/15/2014 3:17:50 PM   
Cribtop

quote:

ORIGINAL: offenseman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cribtop

Doing an AAR? I'll follow that. Speaking of Burma, I have always felt the supply flows much too well through the jungle.

Yes indeed, still working on Turn 1 but should start soon.

As for China, I see the point of the dangers of more supply. Too much and the KMT horde can run wild. That said, it certainly appears that today there is too little. This is especially true once Lanchow falls or is isolated. Poof, no more HI supply production due to lack of fuel.

(in reply to offenseman)
Post #: 801
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/15/2014 3:23:55 PM   
DesertedFox

quote:

If I were you I would take a more humble approach to things then throwing out "bad players". Especially when basing it on one single game you have played....

Well I have played at approx 8 games as allies, only 2 of which have been Dababes.

As for giving details in regards to this..

quote:

I believe it would be a waste of time given the responses above.

Obviously it can't be defended against a good opponent and all my opponents were/are complete retards.

(in reply to Cribtop)
Post #: 802
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/15/2014 4:47:39 PM   
ny59giants

Hopefully, the new mod of Between The Storm (BTS) that I'll be playing vs Cribtop will be better for China. John 3rd and I increased defensive forts, increased Japanese garrison requirements, less disabled industry at Chungking and Changsha, and slight tweaks to some weapons and supplies gernerated will make this theater more a draw than a win for Japan. Like others have said, making it a major focus for Japan still means it can be almost completely overrun. I just hope it is more costly with these changes.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 803
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/15/2014 4:53:20 PM   
princep01

Obviously it can't be defended against a good opponent and all my opponents were/are complete retards.

Yes, that would appear to be the case.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 804
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/15/2014 6:30:04 PM   
JocMeister

quote:

I believe it would be a waste of time given the responses above.

I´m not sure what kind of response you expected considering your first post. If you decide to claim a large portion of the players including myself are "bad players" I would recommend backing that up with something more then "full stop...end of story."

Post #: 805
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/15/2014 8:11:05 PM   
JocMeister

21th of April -42

Sorry for the lack of updates. Been away for most of the day so we "only" managed 3 turns today. Some very interesting SIGINT and nice CAP trap over OZ.

------------------------
CENTPAC
------------------------

Mostly quiet as the Allied fleet refits, take on new planes and conduct maintenance. No more signs of the AMCs.

------------------------
West Coast
------------------------

Some substantial reinforcements as the 32nd and 41st ID pack up and board the ships. They will join up with various other convoys including 2 Tank BTLs from PH. This convoy will be heavily guarded. Destination is not really decided yet. But my thinking is to use them offensively. I have to start getting VPs back...

------------------------
SOPAC
------------------------

Managed to get some Recon up over Noumea. Looks like I found the KB (or parts of it). A TF showed CVs and 180 bombers. Another TF was showing CVEs. MKB?

------------------------
OZ
------------------------

I dashed in about 150 allied fighters over Sydney to try and stopp the VP bleed. It worked a lot better then expected. Having Hurricanes in the mix made all the difference as I can place them above Toms sweeps. So for the first time I did not just get chewed up but I dished out some too. Helped that the sweep came in after the bomb run

quote:

Morning Air attack on Sydney , at 90,167

Weather in hex: Moderate rain

Raid spotted at 40 NM, estimated altitude 18,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 15 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 99
G3M2 Nell x 81

Allied aircraft
Hurricane IIb Trop x 15
Kittyhawk IA x 16
P-39D Airacobra x 143

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 2 destroyed
G3M2 Nell: 11 destroyed, 9 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
P-39D Airacobra: 1 destroyed

quote:

Morning Air attack on Sydney , at 90,167

Weather in hex: Moderate rain

Raid spotted at 32 NM, estimated altitude 19,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 10 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 45

Allied aircraft
Hurricane IIb Trop x 15
Kittyhawk IA x 16
P-39D Airacobra x 130

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 2 destroyed

Allied aircraft losses
P-39D Airacobra: 2 destroyed

The success is short lived though as I can´t cover all the bases with adequate CAP and the following day Tom hits other targets.

I also got some very interesting SIGINT.

quote:

4th/A Division is planning for an attack on Perth.

If this is true its very good news. Tom hasn´t done his homework it seems. I almost never use Perth for anything. In fact I sent most of the Merchants from Aden/CT to Panama on the very first turn. Then again Tom might have done his homework but is after the 50x multiplier....

I usually have a ground ambush/counter attack in place for this but I pulled the troops to use in the planned offensive. While a part of me is thinking to get them back in place I´ve decided not to. I don´t want to react on what Tom does any longer. My offensive will go on as planned. Perth will be left to its fate for now.

------------------------
Fuel shortage!
------------------------

This is becoming critical. Not sure if its DBB having less endurance on the ships or if I made a mistake somewhere. But fuel has never been this bad before. I´m hurting badly in OZ/NZ/SOPAC. Extremely glad I didn´t send the BBs down here or they would have been unable to move!

Its so bad I actually have two convoys that can´t get back to Christmas (my nearest fuel hub that has fuel) to refuel. They are currently disbanded in ports in NZ.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JocMeister -- 8/15/2014 9:12:45 PM >

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 806
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/16/2014 4:07:17 AM   
Cribtop

quote:

ORIGINAL: princep01

Yes, that would appear to be the case.

Good to see you again, Princep!

PS - FYI, that's pronounced [re-taards]. The e is supposed to be a schwa sound. You remember, like the movie with Mike Tyson's tiger?

(in reply to princep01)
Post #: 807
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/16/2014 11:03:54 AM   
JocMeister

26th of April -42

Turns are flying this morning. Its just 13:00 here and we are already on the 5th turn. Not too much to report though.

------------------------
China
------------------------

The collapse continues. Japanese forces will cross into Kienko in 2-4 turns. I have 1200 AV there but 0 supply. So Tom should have no problem crossing the river.

Troops in the treeline are being pummeled.

quote:

Ground combat at 81,41 (near Ankang)

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 27343 troops, 367 guns, 223 vehicles, Assault Value = 1191

Defending force 25495 troops, 70 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 311

Japanese adjusted assault: 500

Allied adjusted defense: 181

Japanese assault odds: 2 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), fatigue(-), experience(-), supply(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
824 casualties reported
Squads: 17 destroyed, 46 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 9 disabled
Guns lost 12 (2 destroyed, 10 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
8659 casualties reported
Squads: 312 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 384 destroyed, 0 disabled
Engineers: 3 destroyed, 1 disabled
Guns lost 5 (3 destroyed, 2 disabled)
Units retreated 11

I´m suffering 2-3 losses like this each turn as Tom pushes what used to be the the Chinese defensive line before him.

------------------------
Rest of the World
------------------------

Very little to report. I´m waiting for the fleet to get in place and transport to reach their destinations.

First allied offensive operation have begun! Finally!

(in reply to Cribtop)
Post #: 808
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/16/2014 12:22:20 PM   
ny59giants

Logistics...Logistics...Logistics...

Like I've told you before, use those xAKs with dual capacity to carry fuel. You have enough xAKs to carry supplies. You MUST micro-manage your transports. Set them to "Do Not Refuel" for the most part in eastern and south Pacific. I use "Minimal Refuel" when they need to get back from NZ/OZ to USA. Most of mine get home with almost dry fuel tanks.

OK, lecture over!

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 809
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/16/2014 1:18:20 PM   
JocMeister

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Logistics...Logistics...Logistics...

Like I've told you before, use those xAKs with dual capacity to carry fuel. You have enough xAKs to carry supplies. You MUST micro-manage your transports. Set them to "Do Not Refuel" for the most part in eastern and south Pacific. I use "Minimal Refuel" when they need to get back from NZ/OZ to USA. Most of mine get home with almost dry fuel tanks.

OK, lecture over!

Already doing all that! Not sure why fuel is so short! Might be that I have been more active with my navy then I usually am...

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 810
Page:   <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Japanese land in OZ!! Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI