Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Universe

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Universe Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 8/20/2014 7:53:28 AM   
DownTheDrain

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numerius

Ok so I'm really excited to play this mod and have been ever since I bought Universe. However, every time I try to switch the theme to this mod, I get an error saying that the game couldn't load a race image. The exact file it says is "race_16" which is the Ferengi image. The file is under images\units\races. I've tried tinkering with it, and installing both Distant Worlds and the mod freshly to no avail. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Numerius;

Sorry you're having a problem. I just sent you an email (please read first) and a personal message
with an attached zipfile containing a new "race_16" file.

It's my belief your race_16 file somehow got corrupted. Again, read my email.
Hopefully that solves your problem. If not, PM me. After some sleep I'll investigate it until it's
solved.

I had the exact same issue, the race_16 image failed to load.
So I took a random Ferengi picture from the net, removed the background, saved it as a png and put it in the race image folder.
That seems to have done the trick because the mod starts up without problems now.

No idea what caused the error in the first place though, the original image looked perfectly fine outside of the game.

On a different note, great job.
I'm not a Trekkie by any means but I appreciate a professionally done mod even if the setting isn't exactly my favorite.
Keep up the good work.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 31
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 8/20/2014 10:15:37 AM   
Surtur

Really cool to see mods like these!

(in reply to DownTheDrain)
Post #: 32
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 8/20/2014 12:13:50 PM   
Icemania

Woohoo!

(in reply to Surtur)
Post #: 33
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 8/20/2014 1:36:29 PM   
McMike

Endlich! Thank you guys for this great mod!

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 34
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 8/20/2014 5:00:42 PM   
Unreal2004

GREAT mod but there is ONE issue that is bugging me, it is "Spatial" and not "Spacial". It was driving me nuts so I had to change the name in the game files. Thanks for the great mod!! Cant wait for 2.0!

EDIT: Seems to be an easy fix, I only found 3 instances of "spacial" in the files, I left the music one alone since it has no bearing on gameplay.

< Message edited by Unreal2004 -- 8/20/2014 6:07:38 PM >

(in reply to McMike)
Post #: 35
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 8/20/2014 7:42:51 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Unreal2004

GREAT mod but there is ONE issue that is bugging me, it is "Spatial" and not "Spacial". It was driving me nuts so I had to change the name in the game files. Thanks for the great mod!! Cant wait for 2.0!

EDIT: Seems to be an easy fix, I only found 3 instances of "spacial" in the files, I left the music one alone since it has no bearing on gameplay.

Haha yeah I also recommend fixing the mod description:

establish, create, explore, investigate, discover

In the Universe, amidst the myriad of galaxies, neutron stars and black holes, numerous empires, republics and federations boldly estabishes new worlds...creates new challenges....explores new quadrants...investigates new phenomenon...discovers new races.......and ENEMIES!!!

Do you have what it takes to expand your empire, avoid assimilation, discover new worlds, defend against aggressive species, lead your race to victory?

Let's hope so...because RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

(in reply to Unreal2004)
Post #: 36
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 8/20/2014 8:21:30 PM   
gerishnakov

Can't wait to play! I'm going to have to add some music from the new movies though. I'm not a fan of them, but Michael Giaccino's theme is great.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 37
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 8/20/2014 8:37:45 PM   
Dohon

Looking forward to playing this!

I had a quick look through the files (mainly shipsets) and there are several classes that I don't recognise. The Federation line-up has a few ships that just don't look familiar. Is there a list of which image represents which class? For instance, on what ship/class is the federation "passenger ship" based?

(in reply to gerishnakov)
Post #: 38
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 8/20/2014 9:00:43 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dohon

Looking forward to playing this!

I had a quick look through the files (mainly shipsets) and there are several classes that I don't recognise. The Federation line-up has a few ships that just don't look familiar. Is there a list of which image represents which class? For instance, on what ship/class is the federation "passenger ship" based?

Hello Dohon, and thanks for your comments!

No, there is no list per se. We really didn't think to get THAT accurate on the ship roles. In addition,
the ship models we used from various sources 'just seemed to fit'. For example, you well know that there
is no canon Federal Construction ship model to use for that era. So we punted! I think we did okay for
now. Version 2.0 will contain some additional ship images for some of the races (provided as an extra
shipset to choose from in the Ship Design screen), so there will be even more variety and models to select.

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to Dohon)
Post #: 39
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 8/20/2014 9:16:45 PM   
ehsumrell1

@McMike:

You're very welcome! We enjoyed producing it! The BIG thanks
goes to Igard, who has allowed me the honor of taking
over this task and whom I watched create this from the beginning of
Distant Worlds as one of its first mods.

@Unreal2004 & @Tanaka:
Thanks for those Honors English catches! |
I'll make sure we proof a bit better in Version 2.0
as far as the descriptions are concerned. Just can't
trust MSWord like we use to do!

@gerishnakov:

Thanks for your comment. We did inadvertently 'cross-era'
some of the music (i.e. Khan's Attack) ourselves. So feel
free to make it as enjoyable as you wish. That was one of
my goals. Allow the mod to maintain its feel, but players
could also change the theme's 'flavor' to their own
individual tastes. Enjoy!

(in reply to Unreal2004)
Post #: 40
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 8/20/2014 9:22:35 PM   
ehsumrell1

@Surtur01: Thanks from the Trek Team!

quote:

Really cool to see mods like these!

- Community Warlord -

@Icemania: Thanks Ice, and YOU please continue the
fantastic modding you are doing as well! I'm hoping
your mod can easily be integrated into our Picard
Era mod with little effort for those who wish to do
so.
quote:

Woohoo!

(in reply to Surtur)
Post #: 41
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 8/20/2014 9:54:52 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: DownTheDrain

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numerius

Ok so I'm really excited to play this mod and have been ever since I bought Universe. However, every time I try to switch the theme to this mod, I get an error saying that the game couldn't load a race image. The exact file it says is "race_16" which is the Ferengi image. The file is under images\units\races. I've tried tinkering with it, and installing both Distant Worlds and the mod freshly to no avail. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Numerius;

Sorry you're having a problem. I just sent you an email (please read first) and a personal message
with an attached zipfile containing a new "race_16" file.

It's my belief your race_16 file somehow got corrupted. Again, read my email.
Hopefully that solves your problem. If not, PM me. After some sleep I'll investigate it until it's
solved.

I had the exact same issue, the race_16 image failed to load.
So I took a random Ferengi picture from the net, removed the background, saved it as a png and put it in the race image folder.
That seems to have done the trick because the mod starts up without problems now.

No idea what caused the error in the first place though, the original image looked perfectly fine outside of the game.

On a different note, great job.
I'm not a Trekkie by any means but I appreciate a professionally done mod even if the setting isn't exactly my favorite.
Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the compliment DownTheDrain.

Haven't figured out this weird "race_16.png" file problem. Couldn't reproduce it on my end, everything
downloads from MediaFire, installs on my test machines and starts up and runs fine (screenshot below)

So I figure that IT MUST be that that particular file got corrupted during download or while being uncompressed somehow. Don't know why just you two players. One theory remains though. What type of decompression software are you both using. WinZip, WinRar, 7-Zip? Let me know. Nevertheless, I am sending you via PM a clean, uncorrupted race_16.png file. Please download and overwrite your Picard Era Ferengi race_16.png file. PM me today if it doesn't fix the problem. Thanks and hope this works!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ehsumrell1 -- 8/21/2014 4:20:40 AM >

(in reply to DownTheDrain)
Post #: 42
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 8/20/2014 10:03:45 PM   
ehsumrell1

Here is a clean, uncorrupted race_16.png image file for anyone that may
experience the aforementioned problem.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 43
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 8/21/2014 3:08:15 AM   
FrozenFallout

Been playing as the Borg and loving every second of the conquest. Resistance is futile.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 44
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 8/21/2014 4:21:10 AM   
DustyMonk

Wonderful mod. Thanks!

Quick question, did you really intend the tier 5&6 disruptor techs (Pulse Disruptors and Heavy Pulse Disruptors) to be so cheap (180k and 240k respectiely on normal research costs)?

(in reply to FrozenFallout)
Post #: 45
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 8/21/2014 5:34:35 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dusty_Monk

Wonderful mod. Thanks!

Quick question, did you really intend the tier 5&6 disruptor techs (Pulse Disruptors and Heavy Pulse Disruptors) to be so cheap (180k and 240k respectiely on normal research costs)?

Thanks Dusty_Monk!

Yes, since the only races that have the disruptors can't use phasers (except the Romulans).
We are still doing a lot of play-testing though and will change things in Version 2.0 if we
see the need due to game imbalance. Thanks for asking!

(in reply to DustyMonk)
Post #: 46
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 8/21/2014 5:48:50 AM   
Tophat1815

Just spent over 11 game years playing as Ferengi with no issues. So my download of release 1.0 went fine from MediaFire. Will branch out and cover all races by end of weekend. Ed,you are supposed to be taking a break!

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 47
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 8/21/2014 8:08:59 AM   
hewwo

whooooo this is nr.1 on my list for my next game! and it would be really great if this could be somehow combined with the AI mod ;)

(in reply to Tophat1815)
Post #: 48
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 8/21/2014 8:10:03 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tophat1812

Just spent over 11 game years playing as Ferengi with no issues. So my download of release 1.0 went fine from MediaFire. Will branch out and cover all races by end of weekend. Ed,you are supposed to be taking a break!

Ya Think!

I will Bob, just wanted to make sure this thread is monitored by a team member in case of questions/issues. But
since you are now back......LOL!

< Message edited by ehsumrell1 -- 8/21/2014 9:14:06 AM >

(in reply to Tophat1815)
Post #: 49
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 8/21/2014 8:18:22 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: hewwo

whooooo this is nr.1 on my list for my next game! and it would be really great if this could be somehow combined with the AI mod ;)

Please see my previous post #27 in this thread concerning this hewwo.

(in reply to hewwo)
Post #: 50
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 8/21/2014 8:54:51 AM   
sanderz

just started as the federation - am not a trekkie so don't know who's supposed to have what techs - but have some questions about research

as feds i can research:-

1) Pulse Jump Theory - i only need 3 techs to get the max speed as opposed to 10 if you go the normal route - am probably missing something here but why would anyone not choose Pulse Jump?

2) Z4 shields - should this be allowed?

thanks

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 51
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 8/21/2014 8:48:15 PM   
Antoon

I had the same problem with that funny (old & new) race_16 file and finaly replaced it as DownTheDrain said.
Now a picture of Brad Pit represents the Ferengi...

Many thanks for that cool mod!

< Message edited by Antoon -- 8/21/2014 9:53:54 PM >

(in reply to sanderz)
Post #: 52
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 8/21/2014 9:15:45 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Antoon

I had the same problem with that funny (old & new) race_16 file and finaly replaced it as DownTheDrain said.
Now a picture of Brad Pit represents the Ferengi...

Many thanks for that cool mod!

Thanks for the comment Antoon. Attached here is a clean, uncorrupted race_16.png image file you
can unzip and use for the Ferengi.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Antoon)
Post #: 53
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 8/22/2014 12:01:41 AM   
eyegore

I'm 10 years in. I had no problems with the mentioned race_16.png file. Playing as the federation. Nice to see the different GUI elements per race. great nice touch! Music fits. Love the "red alert" replacement as well. all in all looks great...no issues thus far. Great Job.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 54
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 8/22/2014 2:41:05 AM   
hewwo

ha! you got an article on rockpapershotgun, the single most bestest PC gaming website ever. Congrats:)

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/08/21/mod-of-the-century-distant-worlds-star-trek/

(in reply to eyegore)
Post #: 55
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 8/22/2014 6:11:16 AM   
Blackstork

Grats man, awesome work, i will try it eventually some day, just being too busy with doing Beyond.. Looks tasty :P

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 8/22/2014 7:12:14 AM >

(in reply to hewwo)
Post #: 56
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 8/22/2014 6:21:54 AM   
ehsumrell1

@eyegore: Thanks for the report and compliments!

@hewwo: Thanks hewwo! Yes, we're honored (Mod of the Century...Wow!) I think he's
really hooked on DW!

(in reply to eyegore)
Post #: 57
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 8/22/2014 6:41:29 AM   
Euler

Thanks to ehsumrell1 and everyone who contributed. What an amazing achievement. Made with loving care. I'm proud of ya!

< Message edited by Euler -- 8/22/2014 7:44:33 AM >

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 58
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 8/22/2014 7:03:32 AM   
ehsumrell1

@Blackstork: Thank you! Please also continue what you're working on. It's going
to be fantastic!
My advice is TAKE YOUR TIME! I know! Since DW:LEGENDS, which introduced
the character system, I know how time-consuming and detailed the work is. I started before
the randomization of characters, appearance times, and their skills & traits were possible.
So I feel your dedication!

@Euler: Thanks Euler! The true thanks goes to Igard, whom I've worked with over the
past 4 years watching, learning and assisting him with this Star Trek series project. I'm
honored that he passed it on to me, so the least I could do is put my all into it. We put
together an excellent group of Trekkies to fill out the team as well!

I also need to express thanks to Elliot Gibbs and Erik Rutins. Outside of being on their test team,
they've always given my opinions and ideas a bit of weight and consideration. Thanks guys! Just
dedicated to assist making Distant Worlds the best it can be!

(in reply to Euler)
Post #: 59
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 8/23/2014 2:24:21 AM   
GuardzOmega

I just want to say thanks for creating this. I played for hundreds of hours on the Shadows version and already dozens of hours deep in this one.

Hope some more canon resources make it into version 2.0!

Thanks again to all who made this possible

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Universe Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI