Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

This great game is only going to get better..

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> This great game is only going to get better.. Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
This great game is only going to get better.. - 6/29/2014 1:33:12 PM   
kirk23

Since about 10th June,I have had no communications with the powers that be,I tried to contact them,with no response,well I have had enough,I here by state that I no longer play an active official roll in this game development.

That said I'm now free to push on with my own efforts, to mod the game without all the red tape restricting me. (FREEDOM)

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 7/3/2014 2:54:48 PM >

Make it so!
Post #: 1
RE: No longer involved officially. - 6/29/2014 3:43:22 PM   
chemkid

< Message edited by chemkid -- 4/26/2018 6:13:29 AM >

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 2
RE: No longer involved officially. - 6/29/2014 4:02:52 PM   
Connfire

Good luck with all of you endeavors, Kirk. For years I've known you to be a great modder, graphic artist, and have improved games immensely.

Might WPO be calling again?

(in reply to chemkid)
Post #: 3
RE: No longer involved officially. - 6/29/2014 4:13:19 PM   
amtrick

Kirk - Damn shame if you ask me. Really enjoyed having you involved. I think your efforts were reponsible for a lot of the responsiveness we saw concerning problems with the game. If the powers that be have any sense they will re-engage you ASAP. You are an incredibly valuable resource.

RickD

(in reply to Connfire)
Post #: 4
RE: No longer involved officially. - 6/29/2014 4:33:10 PM   
operating

I don't think this is over..... A lover's spat, maybe.... Divergent thinking to attain the same goal, a management issue that is taking a holiday till a course of action is put to plan, just a guess..... A resolution has to be done, for the game cannot stay the way it is IMO..... Kirk has put a tremendous effort into this project, besides that, his PR has been invaluable...... I've been mad, angry, upset, pissed off, want to cut their head off in their absence of communicating, however many of those emotions melt away when there is a good talk and a patching up of differences. I can only hope that happens here for the benefit of all.

Have a nice day everybody, Bob

(in reply to Connfire)
Post #: 5
RE: No longer involved officially. - 6/30/2014 5:25:51 PM   
Wolfe1759

quote:

ORIGINAL: amtrick

Kirk - Damn shame if you ask me. Really enjoyed having you involved. I think your efforts were reponsible for a lot of the responsiveness we saw concerning problems with the game. If the powers that be have any sense they will re-engage you ASAP. You are an incredibly valuable resource.

+1

"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to amtrick)
Post #: 6
RE: No longer involved officially. - 6/30/2014 6:12:27 PM   
Lord Zimoa

Hi Kirk,

I just mailed you... sorry for the delay.

< Message edited by Lord Zimoa -- 6/30/2014 7:13:24 PM >

(in reply to Wolfe1759)
Post #: 7
RE: No longer involved officially. - 7/1/2014 9:37:32 AM   
kirk23

Hi Tim I have replied to your email cheers.

Make it so!

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 8
RE: No longer involved officially. - 7/1/2014 9:42:27 AM   
kirk23

quote:

ORIGINAL: amtrick

Thanks guys for your backing,I would like to continue to help in the games future development,but it has to work both ways,there has to be an interaction of ideas,I'm really really frustrated because my communications for weeks have been ignored,so I ask you, how can I improve the game without official response from the small team I'm supposed to be working with and helping?

Make it so!

(in reply to amtrick)
Post #: 9
RE: No longer involved officially. - 7/1/2014 6:03:53 PM   
kirk23

Update guys,things have been resolved for the greater good off the game,I have been in communication behind the scene,and everything is back to how it should be,with everyone determined to make this great game even better.

Make it so!

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 10
RE: No longer involved officially. - 7/1/2014 7:47:09 PM   
Connfire

That's good news! Glad it all worked out!

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 11
RE: No longer involved officially. - 7/1/2014 8:39:50 PM   
operating

The US is going to kickass tonight! Against Belgium I think, I can only hope they know where the other end of the field is? Welcome back Kirk, even though you never left!

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 12
RE: No longer involved officially. - 7/1/2014 10:22:49 PM   
harley9699

Glad Kirks' back! Like operating's post as well: Soccer, WWI---same thing.

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 13
RE: No longer involved officially. - 7/1/2014 11:55:25 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: harley9699699

Glad Kirks' back! Like operating's post as well: Soccer, WWI---same thing.

Unfortunately, the USA lost in overtime!

(in reply to harley9699)
Post #: 14
RE: No longer involved officially. - 7/2/2014 3:39:11 AM   
Queeg

This probably explains the silence: http://store.steampowered.com/app/297090/

Looks like the game is being revamped by a new developer and re-released on Steam. New scenario, new art, AI tweaks. I'm happy to see it.

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 15
RE: No longer involved officially. - 7/2/2014 10:01:37 AM   
chemkid

< Message edited by chemkid -- 4/26/2018 6:13:23 AM >

(in reply to Queeg)
Post #: 16
RE: No longer involved officially. - 7/2/2014 10:18:20 AM   
kirk23

quote:

ORIGINAL: Queeg

This probably explains the silence: http://store.steampowered.com/app/297090/

Looks like the game is being revamped by a new developer and re-released on Steam. New scenario, new art, AI tweaks. I'm happy to see it.

Right Era Wrong Game!

Make it so!

(in reply to Queeg)
Post #: 17
Free Upkeep? - 7/3/2014 1:58:15 PM   
kirk23

quote:

ORIGINAL: chemkid

quote:

everything is back to how it should be,with everyone determined to make this great game even better.

great! welcome back!!!!

Thank you!

There has been a long standing query regarding Free Upkeep Allowance,I hope the following explanation will clear up a few things.

FREE UPKEEP ALLOWANCE!

The free upkeep thing is not a bug,the free upkeep allowance was increased so that large countries like Germany & Russia could build enough land forces to protect their borders on 2 or 3 fronts at once.But since folks like to see maintenance cost's in the management screen,I have altered the settings for the up and coming patch,Free Upkeep Allowance is now 5 for all Countries,but since this is an advantage for smaller Nations,with less border area to protect,larger Nations like Germany,Austria,Turkey,France,Britain & Russia have been given more Manpower & Production points to compensate for the reduced Free Upkeep.

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 7/3/2014 4:49:40 PM >

Make it so!

(in reply to chemkid)
Post #: 18
RE: Free Upkeep? - 7/3/2014 9:46:25 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: kirk23

quote:

quote:

everything is back to how it should be,with everyone determined to make this great game even better.

great! welcome back!!!!

Thank you!

There has been a long standing query regarding Free Upkeep Allowance,I hope the following explanation will clear up a few things.

FREE UPKEEP ALLOWANCE!

The free upkeep thing is not a bug,the free upkeep allowance was increased so that large countries like Germany & Russia could build enough land forces to protect their borders on 2 or 3 fronts at once.But since folks like to see maintenance cost's in the management screen,I have altered the settings for the up and coming patch,Free Upkeep Allowance is now 5 for all Countries,but since this is an advantage for smaller Nations,with less border area to protect,larger Nations like Germany,Austria,Turkey,France,Britain & Russia have been given more Manpower & Production points to compensate for the reduced Free Upkeep.

Please clarify,

Take 5 to mean 5 units regardless of their unit type? or does it mean the first 5 of the lowest upkeep costs? or the first five that are on the map and what happens when any of these 5 are eliminated? If so, what units (in order) on the map become one of those 5? In otherwords, could that 5 apply to 5 infantry units vs 5 submarines? or am I missing the message here?

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 19
RE: Free Upkeep? - 7/3/2014 10:08:02 PM   
kirk23

quote:

ORIGINAL: operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: kirk23

quote:

quote:

great! welcome back!!!!

Thank you!

FREE UPKEEP ALLOWANCE!

Please clarify,

Take 5 to mean 5 units regardless of their unit type? or does it mean the first 5 of the lowest upkeep costs? or the first five that are on the map and what happens when any of these 5 are eliminated? If so, what units (in order) on the map become one of those 5? In otherwords, could that 5 apply to 5 infantry units vs 5 submarines? or am I missing the message here?

Its not the first five on the map,it could be any combination that adds up to 5.

Garrison = 1 UpKeep
Infantry = 2 UpKeep
Armour = 5 UpKeep
Artillery = 2 UpKeep
Zeppelin = 1 UpKeep
Fighter = 2 UpKeep
Bomber = 3 UpKeep

Example:

It could be 1 Garrison + 2 Infantry = 5

Or it could be 1 Armour = 5

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 7/3/2014 11:12:19 PM >

Make it so!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 20
RE: Free Upkeep? - 8/17/2014 4:58:12 PM   
toddtreadway

Is Upkeep working right now? Seems like the only CP country to pay upkeep is Germany.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 21
RE: Free Upkeep? - 8/18/2014 9:30:18 AM   
Housies

quote:

ORIGINAL: toddtreadway

Is Upkeep working right now? Seems like the only CP country to pay upkeep is Germany.

If you buy a lot of austrain troops, they will also have to pay upkeep. Their is a certain number of troops that are "free upkeep" however once you pass that line, you have to pay upkeep as well.

(in reply to toddtreadway)
Post #: 22
RE: Free Upkeep? - 8/18/2014 4:24:01 PM   
zakblood

must admit the base is already here, and so far the patches have all made things better, with time and luck hopefully it will be the best ww1 game / sim released fingers crossed for you and well done all

the engine seems ripe for another one, maybe ww2 next or other theater as im sure the engine would be fine and scale etc as maps are mostly done

(in reply to Housies)
Post #: 23
RE: Free Upkeep? - 8/21/2014 1:37:59 PM   
kirk23

This is in response to a debate over at the Slitherine forum regarding Serbia in game!

New in game event for game play patch 1.6.0 Belgrade Captured,also for this event Serbia take a big National morale penalty hit.This along with great many game balancing issues,having been implemented,for this game play patch I'm busy testing in the background.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 8/21/2014 2:39:46 PM >

Make it so!

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 24
RE: Free Upkeep? - 8/21/2014 2:20:20 PM   
kirk23

Research now shows time up to 50 turns.Allowing the a player to keep track more easily off what new Tech will be available.

Attachment (1)

Make it so!

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 25
RE: Free Upkeep? - 8/21/2014 2:46:32 PM   
OzHawkeye2

Nice addition that kirk23. I like it.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 26
RE: Free Upkeep? - 8/21/2014 8:36:36 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: OzHawkeye

Nice addition that kirk23. I like it.

Yes, I would have to agree on this one!

(in reply to OzHawkeye2)
Post #: 27
RE: Free Upkeep? - 8/21/2014 10:01:55 PM   
kirk23

Just in case anyone missed this news!The free upkeep allowance is now zero,what that means is, you now pay upkeep for each and every unit you have on the map.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 8/21/2014 11:02:34 PM >

Make it so!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 28
RE: Free Upkeep? - 8/25/2014 10:16:15 AM   
Housies

Good thing about the free upkeep cancellation. Makes the game mechanics less obscure.
Balancing can be done by increasing/decreasing the PP and manpower for all nations. But I guess this new balancing will need a lot of beta testing before release.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 29
RE: Free Upkeep? - 8/25/2014 8:23:56 PM   
WingedIncubus

I like the idea of getting rid of that free upkeep,. It removed the element of cost in strategic choices, plus it made it way too easy to just flood the frontline with two to three lines of garrison units and stop the AI dead in its tracks. It made a player-controlled Serbia impossible to lose against the AI.

Another thing that I noticed, the Central-Powers AI often sends Austrian infantry units all the way to the Western Front, while most German air units are sent to Austria-Hungary. This is rather ridiculous. Austria-Hungary needs all the infantry units it can use against the Russians, Serbs, and Italians. When Austria-Hungary reaches a certain threshold of manpower the Central Powers player/AI should get a "Request German assistance" event that allows Germany to send infantry units to fill the Austrian ranks, as it happened historicall, but not the way around.

< Message edited by Drakken -- 8/25/2014 9:27:13 PM >

(in reply to Housies)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> This great game is only going to get better.. Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI