Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Pirate Spawn

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Pirate Spawn Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pirate Spawn - 8/22/2014 1:56:19 AM   
Rhikore

Is there an event that determines when pirates are spawned in the universe?
Are they spawned along with the Universe, or is there a Delay?

The reason I ask, is b/c I would like to have a Game that begins at the Birth of the Galaxy.
No Space Wreckage, no Planet Destroyers, and Pirates wouldnt spawn until after the majority of Empires had researched Gerax/WB Hyperdrive.
I suppose before that you might have a base spawn on a non-Independent occupied planet.
Post #: 1
RE: Pirate Spawn - 8/22/2014 2:17:55 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhikore

Is there an event that determines when pirates are spawned in the universe?
Are they spawned along with the Universe, or is there a Delay?

The reason I ask, is b/c I would like to have a Game that begins at the Birth of the Galaxy.
No Space Wreckage, no Planet Destroyers, and Pirates wouldnt spawn until after the majority of Empires had researched Gerax/WB Hyperdrive.
I suppose before that you might have a base spawn on a non-Independent occupied planet.

Pirates are spawned at the very beginning of the game. If you have no respawn checked they will not respawn if destroyed. If respawn is checked more pirates are spawned as the game goes on and you have to keep destroying them. I never use that. If you uncheck most of the storylines and events you can get rid of a lot of that stuff. Unfortunately there is no way to mod all of it out even if you do that. I would love to play without the super powerful derelict ships laying around

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 8/22/2014 3:20:14 AM >

(in reply to Rhikore)
Post #: 2
RE: Pirate Spawn - 8/22/2014 2:48:45 AM   
Rhikore

Ugh... Would be so nice to have a completely blank slate, and keep pirates from spawning until... you know... they can actually get off the "Home" planet, and into a ship with warp capability. (They could still build a Base though.)
Even without the Blank Slate, would be nice to be able to set a Delay for pirates. I play Pre-warp, and would like to be able to cause them not to spawn in the universe until say 5-6 Years in, and start at the most basic level.

< Message edited by Rhikore -- 8/22/2014 4:05:56 AM >

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 3
RE: Pirate Spawn - 8/27/2014 7:03:41 PM   
Jaeger5

And shouldn't each alien race have different kind of pirates? Securans are more smugglers than brutal raiders.

You can be affected by alien pirates from the next zone of control of you.

Will some alien races not create pirates? Like hive-minds? Though, I guess, a Queen could contest the ruler ship...

(in reply to Rhikore)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Pirate Spawn Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI