Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Badly needed DW Universe fix! Diplomacy Cool Down Times

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Badly needed DW Universe fix! Diplomacy Cool Down Times Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Badly needed DW Universe fix! Diplomacy Cool Down Times - 6/1/2014 9:44:20 PM   
Tanaka

Diplomacy is pretty useless in this game as long as you can just change diplomacy with the click of a button every turn! There should be repercussions for making and breaking treaties. Reputation should mean something and should stick. Bad one day and good the next! What??? War on! War off! Trade on! Trade off! Embargo on! Embargo off! Huh??? Its ridiculous and the worst thing about this game! Please fix this and make this game so much better!

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 8/21/2014 8:50:32 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: My only request for a DW Universe update: Diplomacy... - 6/1/2014 10:17:32 PM   
Shark7

Cool down times and a few other options as well:

1. Lie about another empire: What better way to play the galactic intrigue game than to make two enemies hate each other more than they hate you.
2. Arbitrate between 2 empires: Act as a peacemaker between empire A and empire B to improve their relations.
3. Disaster relief: Special case of being able to send a gift only when an empire has an active disaster. Should have an effect on galactic reputation as well as relations between you and the target empire.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 2
RE: My only request for a DW Universe update: Diplomacy... - 6/1/2014 10:53:30 PM   
DasTactic

Liking these suggestions a lot! :)

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 3
RE: My only request for a DW Universe update: Diplomacy... - 6/1/2014 11:08:55 PM   
ASHBERY76

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

Diplomacy is pretty useless in this game as long as you can just change diplomacy with the click of a button every turn! There should be repercussions for making treaties. Reputation should mean something and should stick. Bad one day and great the next! What??? War on! War off! War on! War off! Huh??? Its ridiculous! Please fix this and make this game so much better!

Don't hold your breath.I have been asking for these for years.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 4
RE: My only request for a DW Universe update: Diplomacy... - 6/2/2014 3:50:07 AM   
MartialDoctor

Yeah, it's a known issue that hasn't been resolved, unfortunately

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 5
RE: My only request for a DW Universe update: Diplomacy... - 6/2/2014 4:26:30 AM   
Tanaka

This game with EU IV diplomacy would be amazing!

(in reply to MartialDoctor)
Post #: 6
RE: My only request for a DW Universe update: Diplomacy... - 6/2/2014 4:40:07 AM   
Icemania

Agreed, long known issue, highlighted many times by the community, yet no action taken. It's time to get this all done Matrix.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 7
RE: My only request for a DW Universe update: Diplomacy... - 6/2/2014 5:52:18 AM   
Hannable

Agreed, +1, thumbs up, and all of that.

I had an empire turn on and off it's trade embargo six separate times in half an hour - and for no reason. It happened the very moment I discovered them.

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 8
RE: My only request for a DW Universe update: Diplomacy... - 6/2/2014 11:35:24 PM   
erikose

Also, I see no way to ask/threaten another empire into making peace - even when subjugated!

In terms of cooldown, embargo flip/flopping seems most annoying, whether from the AI or my own advisors.

- E

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 9
RE: My only request for a DW Universe update: Diplomacy... - 6/3/2014 2:13:21 AM   
Shark7

Hmm, there are a few more I'd like to see.

1. Insult: You can guess the result of this one.

2. Veiled threat: Sounds non-threatening, but they get the message

3. Taunt: keep annoying them

As you can see, these 3 options are specifically to taunt an empire and goad them into war.

Distant Worlds Fan

(in reply to erikose)
Post #: 10
RE: My only request for a DW Universe update: Diplomacy... - 6/3/2014 7:08:28 PM   
ehsumrell1

4. Give me ALL of your ALE.....OR ELSE!

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 11
RE: My only request for a DW Universe update: Diplomacy... - 6/3/2014 11:33:55 PM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1

4. Give me ALL of your ALE.....OR ELSE!

Ahem, the next expansion....

Distant Worlds: Space Pirate Data Edition.

Take on new challenges such as protecting your cargo dock from a drunken android on a rampage.

Distant Worlds Fan

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 12
RE: My only request for a DW Universe update: Diplomacy... - 6/4/2014 8:08:30 AM   
Data

When in doubt....raid!

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 13
RE: My only request for a DW Universe update: Diplomacy... - 6/4/2014 3:48:41 PM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Data

When in doubt....raid!

Distant Worlds Fan

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 14
RE: My only request for a DW Universe update: Diplomacy... - 8/21/2014 7:52:45 PM   
Tanaka

Just got offered lots of money to initiate trade sanctions on another empire by a rival empire. They paid me 20,000 credits. Next turn I get asked to undo them by another empire and poof! I remove them. Great way to make money for nothing!

Again cool down times and repercussions desperately needed!

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 8/21/2014 8:54:34 PM >

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 15
RE: My only request for a DW Universe update: Diplomacy... - 8/22/2014 3:35:25 AM   
Rhikore

I like this idea also, for me the most important thing would be to nix the Tech Trading Exploit.
Maybe even disallow certain techs from being traded.
Any space-faring Intelligent species wouldnt go around carelessly trading Technology.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 16
RE: My only request for a DW Universe update: Diplomacy... - 8/22/2014 11:12:28 AM   
Nanaki

While they are at it, they could give pirates real diplomacy... Having only protection agreements as your only option is pretty silly.

I ate the batter of the bulge at Hans' Haus of Luftwaffles

(in reply to Rhikore)
Post #: 17
RE: My only request for a DW Universe update: Diplomacy... - 8/22/2014 12:30:25 PM   
corwin90

I don't know if I want pirates to have real diplomacy. Instead of asking for money each month, what if the pirates asked for one of the following instead:

1. Give me all your research on <X> technology
2. Give me colony <Y>
3. Your last Cruiser looks really interesting. Give it to us.
4. Give us 50,000 credits one-time

(in reply to Nanaki)
Post #: 18
RE: My only request for a DW Universe update: Diplomacy... - 8/22/2014 3:23:47 PM   
Cauldyth

I've said it many times here, but I'll say it again. I'll throw large sums of money at Erik and Elliot for a diplomacy expansion!

(in reply to corwin90)
Post #: 19
RE: My only request for a DW Universe update: Diplomacy... - 8/22/2014 8:23:31 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nanaki

While they are at it, they could give pirates real diplomacy... Having only protection agreements as your only option is pretty silly.

Especially when you can just turn on turn off turn on turn off...

(in reply to Nanaki)
Post #: 20
RE: My only request for a DW Universe update: Diplomacy... - 8/22/2014 8:24:15 PM   
Hikikomori

x years minimum treaty duration would at least make it impossible to agree to a embargo and then break it immediately. With the insane values the ai set to those you can get everything, and it costs only a little bit reputation.

(in reply to Cauldyth)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Badly needed DW Universe fix! Diplomacy Cool Down Times Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI