Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

DW Universe is not as moddable as it was advertised!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> DW Universe is not as moddable as it was advertised! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DW Universe is not as moddable as it was advertised! - 8/20/2014 8:03:43 PM   
TeurisKador

It seems DW Universe is not as moddable as it was advertised, since it is not even possible to change weapon properties. By that I mean I want phasers to have 50% chance to bypass shields(which is more realistic), but that is not possible and so is very frustrating. Although, I thought that instead I could just put Type=RailGun and have a phaser graphic effect, but NO it is not possible as well...great moddability...

Could somebody fix this in the next patch? I do not want to believe that buying DW Universe was an utter waste of money.

Thank you for your understanding.

< Message edited by TeurisKador -- 8/20/2014 9:04:50 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: DW Universe is not as moddable as it was advertised! - 8/21/2014 11:07:10 AM   
Icemania

To be fair to Matrix, while there are certainly limitations, and I was underwhelmed by what was moddable before Universe release, in some respects it's a lot more moddable than I expected. The ability to mod the AI was not advertised at all, yet due to changes in patches, and changes that were possible already, I've developed an AI Improvement Mod. With Phasers, while I agree with your point that we can't mod the bypass shields effect and that would be cool, note we can change the damage and range.

(in reply to TeurisKador)
Post #: 2
RE: DW Universe is not as moddable as it was advertised! - 8/21/2014 1:54:11 PM   
TeurisKador

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icemania

To be fair to Matrix, while there are certainly limitations, and I was underwhelmed by what was moddable before Universe release, in some respects it's a lot more moddable than I expected. The ability to mod the AI was not advertised at all, yet due to changes in patches, and changes that were possible already, I've developed an AI Improvement Mod. With Phasers, while I agree with your point that we can't mod the bypass shields effect and that would be cool, note we can change the damage and range.

That's the point, we can indeed change the damage and range and pretty much everything in the components.txt file, but cannot change component features such as bypass shields or targeting bonus. I really don't understand why they decided to not include it.

< Message edited by TeurisKador -- 8/21/2014 10:19:39 PM >

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 3
RE: DW Universe is not as moddable as it was advertised! - 8/22/2014 2:45:17 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi TeurisKador,

Actually, we delivered everything that was advertised and have added on more features since release.

With that said, we'll add these special weapon attributes to the wish list for moddability. I'll try to get them into a future update.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to TeurisKador)
Post #: 4
RE: DW Universe is not as moddable as it was advertised! - 8/22/2014 3:23:08 PM   
Franky007

Would it be possible to have more control over the way the derelict ships (found in graveyards),
appears in the game.
I found them overpowered, as it change the balance of the game too much.

thanks.

< Message edited by Francoy -- 8/22/2014 4:24:26 PM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
RE: DW Universe is not as moddable as it was advertised! - 8/22/2014 4:30:01 PM   
TeurisKador

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi TeurisKador,

Actually, we delivered everything that was advertised and have added on more features since release.

With that said, we'll add these special weapon attributes to the wish list for moddability. I'll try to get them into a future update.

Regards,

- Erik

Thank you very much Erik. Sorry for the unfair criticisms aimed at DW Universe.

Post #: 6
RE: DW Universe is not as moddable as it was advertised! - 8/28/2014 9:03:34 PM   
lurchi

quote:

Hi TeurisKador,

You do a really great job.

quote:

Bonus/malus modding? Huzzah!

Post #: 7
RE: DW Universe is not as moddable as it was advertised! - 8/28/2014 9:38:16 PM   
Jethro420

quote:

ORIGINAL: Francoy

Would it be possible to have more control over the way the derelict ships (found in graveyards),
appears in the game.
I found them overpowered, as it change the balance of the game too much.

thanks.

Agreed!

(in reply to Franky007)
Post #: 8
RE: DW Universe is not as moddable as it was advertised! - 9/10/2014 10:01:09 PM   
NephilimNexus

Can traits be modded? No.

Can the functions of Facilities and Wonders be modded? Not really - they can only be swapped for other functions found in already existing facilities and wonders.

Can Pirate play-style modifiers be changed in any way? No.

Yes, a lot of things can be modded, but there is an even longer list of things that can not.

(in reply to Jethro420)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> DW Universe is not as moddable as it was advertised! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI