Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Forums problems with Chrome

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Forums problems with Chrome Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Forums problems with Chrome - 8/20/2014 9:26:34 PM   
silentdeth

I'm having some issues using the forums while using the Chrome browser, namely the pages use an excessive amount of ram, up to 3 gigs of ram for one tab. I think, but am not certain, that this happens more on pages that are refreshed. The more frequently refreshed tabs seem to be the ones with the biggest memory footprint. The biggest issue has been with this page. Again, that may just be due to me frequently refreshing the page.

My Let's Plays of Distant Worlds: Universe Season 2: Human|Season 3: Kiadian|Season 4: Pirate(Balanced)
Post #: 1
RE: Forums problems with Chrome - 8/21/2014 9:20:33 AM   
VPaulus

Try clearing your browser's cache.
It could be related with how Chrome deals with links and tries to cache them forwardly, but I'm no web expert, it's just a guess.

(in reply to silentdeth)
Post #: 2
RE: Forums problems with Chrome - 8/22/2014 11:26:40 PM   
johanwanderer

I use an add-on called IETab (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ie-tab/hehijbfgiekmjfkfjpbkbammjbdenadd) and use it as the last-resort solution whenever I encounter sites that don't behave well under Chrome.

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 3
RE: Forums problems with Chrome - 8/23/2014 11:35:33 AM   
DustyMonk

Have you tried disabling "Predict network actions to improve page load performance" in chrome's advanced settings?

(in reply to johanwanderer)
Post #: 4
RE: Forums problems with Chrome - 8/23/2014 11:47:35 AM   
zakblood

or just throw chrome out and install the Tor browser and you won't have any problems again, of any kind tbh

google it

excessive amount of ram that chrome uses for each page is that so if one page crashes it doesn't take the browser down, just the page, but so many users run out of memory before then, i use it but hate it, so looked elsewhere and found a better one, just google for it and read what it says on the reviews, you might get a pleasant surprise, i did

(in reply to DustyMonk)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Forums problems with Chrome Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI