Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

7.25 Non-functional Scrollbar on Interseason News Display

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager >> Tech Support >> 7.25 Non-functional Scrollbar on Interseason News Display Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7.25 Non-functional Scrollbar on Interseason News Display - 8/21/2014 6:36:00 AM   
stilicho410

I've noticed that the scroll bar does not function on the Interseason News display. I always see 4 news items, with the scrollbar filled in completely green, with no scrolling possible.

For this particular season displayed below, there should have been several additional news items. Besides the Saturn Flyby, I also flew an Apollo Moon Landing, a Viking Mission, and a Pegasus Mission. (I was basically running up the score while waiting for my probe to get to Saturn.)

I tried it in both 1366x768 and 1600x900 resolution (windowed mode.)

I can also upload a save file on request, but it happens pretty much any season.

Attachment (1)

Thanks,
Stilicho
Post #: 1
RE: 7.25 Non-functional Scrollbar on Interseason News D... - 8/21/2014 8:24:07 AM   
Nacho84

Hello Stilicho,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes please, see if you can upload the savefile so that I can give it a go on this end.

Cheers,

Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PolarMotion

(in reply to stilicho410)
Post #: 2
RE: 7.25 Non-functional Scrollbar on Interseason News D... - 8/22/2014 12:43:30 AM   
stilicho410

Here you go, my save game for Q4 1979. You'll need to end the season and run the missions to see the news report I screen captured above.

Of course, skipping to the end (rather than sitting through the movies) will generate the same report with less time on your part.

Attachment (1)

Thanks,
Stilicho

(in reply to Nacho84)
Post #: 3
RE: 7.25 Non-functional Scrollbar on Interseason News D... - 8/22/2014 7:17:43 AM   
Nacho84

Hello Stilicho,

Thanks for the savefile. I tried it on this end (that's a lot of ongoing missions, ha! ) and managed to scroll the elements in the news screen, see the screenshot below. Can you confirm that, when using this file, the scroll bar is effectively full?

Cheers,

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Nacho84 -- 8/22/2014 8:18:01 AM >

Ignacio Liverotti
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com

Post #: 4
RE: 7.25 Non-functional Scrollbar on Interseason News D... - 8/23/2014 1:11:11 AM   
stilicho410

Yes, the screen capture I added to the initial post is indeed what I see from this save game.
The scroll bar is unresponsive.

FYI, my PC is still running Windows XP, and I'm running DirectX 9.0c.
Let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks,
Stilicho

(in reply to Nacho84)
Post #: 5
RE: 7.25 Non-functional Scrollbar on Interseason News D... - 8/23/2014 8:24:21 AM   
Nacho84

Hello Stilicho,

I think we're not looking at the same savefile. Notice that in your screenshot it says that the "Saturn flyby" mission has been completed, whereas in mine the mission is still in progress, and your screen if from 1980Q1, whereas mine is from 1979Q4. Can you send me the savefile for the next season if you still have it around so that I can see how it looks like on this end?

Cheers,

Ignacio Liverotti
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com

Post #: 6
RE: 7.25 Non-functional Scrollbar on Interseason News D... - 8/23/2014 4:03:44 PM   
stilicho410

Attached is my save game for 1980, Q1.

I attached the 1979 Q4 save game earlier because the only way I knew how to get the news screen to come up for 1980.Q1 was to reload 1979.Q4 and do an "End Season".

Is there a way to recall the news display for the current quarter?

Attachment (1)

Thanks,
Stilicho

(in reply to Nacho84)
Post #: 7
RE: 7.25 Non-functional Scrollbar on Interseason News D... - 8/23/2014 4:12:30 PM   
Nacho84

Hello Stilicho,

Thanks for the savefile. Notice that the news screen always displays the year and period right before the season that is about to start. There's no way to recall the news display for the current quarter.

I've run your file on this end and I can confirm that the first four news items match the ones from your original post. I can also confirm that the scrollbar doesn't take the whole screen and that I'm able to scroll the contents of the list, see the screenshot below.

See if you can run the game again, reproduce the bug and send me the output_log.txt file, which is located in the installation folder. That might help me.

Cheers,

Attachment (1)

Ignacio Liverotti
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com

Post #: 8
RE: 7.25 Non-functional Scrollbar on Interseason News D... - 8/23/2014 7:14:01 PM   
stilicho410

Ok, here's the output log at the instant the Interseason News Report appeared. (renamed to output_log_NewsReport.txt)

Sequence:
1. Loaded 1979.Q4 save file.
2. Hit "End Season" to execute missions.
3. For all missions, skipped to results.
4. When Interseason News report appeared, I copied and renamed output_lot.txt and uploaded it.

Attachment (1)

Thanks,
Stilicho

(in reply to Nacho84)
Post #: 9
RE: 7.25 Non-functional Scrollbar on Interseason News D... - 8/24/2014 6:51:27 PM   
Nacho84

Hello Stilicho,

This is very strange, I don't see anything wrong with the savefile. I'm sending you a PM.

Cheers,

Ignacio Liverotti
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager >> Tech Support >> 7.25 Non-functional Scrollbar on Interseason News Display Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI