Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.9.5.8 Requests

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> 1.9.5.8 Requests Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.9.5.8 Requests - 8/26/2014 1:22:16 PM   
spiralaxis

Hey Elliott and Erik. In the last patch you changed construction ships so that the proximity of a resource is more important. This is an awesome and much appreciated change! Could you do something similar for exploration ships? Microing 2 dozen explorer ships for the first 30 minutes to ensure *nearby* systems are explored first is kind of exhausting and saps the fun and my attention.

Civilian ship shrinking would be phenomenal too. Its absence is (IMHO) a big problem for the AI improvement mod.
Post #: 1
RE: 1.9.5.8 Requests - 8/26/2014 1:26:11 PM   
Erik Rutins

We've done a lot of work on explorers in the past. In my experience, if you build 2 dozen and leave them automated, they explore all the nearby systems just fine. What are you seeing that requires you to micro them?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to spiralaxis)
Post #: 2
RE: 1.9.5.8 Requests - 8/26/2014 4:27:20 PM   
Vardis

I double my explorer's range early on, and it seems that they tend to prioritize going to new systems (presumably looking for ruins and independents), rather than fully exploring nearby systems. While I want some (probably most, actually) of them doing that, I typically have to grab a few and tell them to specifically fully explore nearby systems. There have been several cases where I have colonized a system and none of my automated explorers switched to mapping out nearby resources to that system, although maybe that's only needed when it has a spaceport? I usually at least want to find nearby fuel sources...

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: 1.9.5.8 Requests - 8/26/2014 8:33:35 PM   
fruitgnome

Please make of the attack of a planet destroyer an event, so that the game pauses and you will have the option "Go to Event Location". So that you really notice there is not a fleet to attack you but a PLANET DESTROYER! You know it, now you can send your fleets to defend this valueable colony.

< Message edited by fruitgnome -- 8/27/2014 10:26:25 AM >

(in reply to Vardis)
Post #: 4
RE: 1.9.5.8 Requests - 8/27/2014 1:43:26 AM   
Joshwoo69

Can caslon be more popular in places? Like in asteroids.

(in reply to fruitgnome)
Post #: 5
RE: 1.9.5.8 Requests - 8/27/2014 2:04:56 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joshwoo69

Can caslon be more popular in places? Like in asteroids.

Caslon is a gas not a mineral.

(in reply to Joshwoo69)
Post #: 6
RE: 1.9.5.8 Requests - 8/27/2014 2:47:49 PM   
silentdeth

Related to explorers, I'm having the problem of them exploring systems without exploring the ruins when set to explore a sector. It has happened a number of times in my current game.

My Let's Plays of Distant Worlds: Universe Season 2: Human|Season 3: Kiadian|Season 4: Pirate(Balanced)

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 7
RE: 1.9.5.8 Requests - 8/27/2014 3:14:10 PM   
fruitgnome

Could it be that you set in options "Do nothing" at finding a ruin? under options - empire settings

(in reply to silentdeth)
Post #: 8
RE: 1.9.5.8 Requests - 8/27/2014 4:50:04 PM   
Hikikomori

That has happened to me when i got maps with system info.
(A thing i would gladly get rid of completely, it takes part of the fun of exploring out of the game. At least not a dozen at once.)

The ships refused to explore the system/planet because the empire already knew it. I had to fly over with move, and then investigate from the strg-rightclick menu.

Took me forever to get that warp drive tech...

< Message edited by Hikikomori -- 8/27/2014 5:50:48 PM >

(in reply to fruitgnome)
Post #: 9
RE: 1.9.5.8 Requests - 8/27/2014 4:54:30 PM   
Retreat1970

Would it be possible for the research order to just set an end tech instead of typing in every tech to get there? For example if I want fast energy propulsion (research # 30), could I just type 30 first in the WeaponsResearchProjectOrder, and the game will understand I need energy torpedo weaons (#33) then enhanced torpedos (#34) to get to fast energy propulsion (#30).

(in reply to fruitgnome)
Post #: 10
RE: 1.9.5.8 Requests - 8/27/2014 8:49:07 PM   
Blackstork

Please allow better randomisation of characters using ? order for characters. Currently it does not working as described. Random order characters have own constant order of appearance it seems.
We've put huge work into this and this will be awesome if you release some fix in 1.9.5.8 that provides true randomisation of characters (ie if i have 30 leaders, 1 of them order 0, 29 order ?, each time i play different game and dismiss my leader for example i will recieve different leader.)

UPDATE: it will randomize differently if you restart game completely. Please allow true random seeding which will not require restart of the game. The generation completely random, but seed seems to be same for all games started in one game's start. For now i will advise to restart game for people who want to re-play game with same race and start differently.

Thanks alot, looking towards creating best mods for best 4x ;)

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 8/27/2014 9:53:06 PM >

(in reply to Retreat1970)
Post #: 11
RE: 1.9.5.8 Requests - 8/27/2014 9:16:23 PM   
Blackstork

I were able to see some random results before, but now i getting Kurkus leader from each single dismiss i managing to do to initial leader with this file.
? order of appearance is not working - This is not random, and if this random order pre-defined per file this is not random.
I think my random results were because other class characters been generated which changed something.
The only possible and normal way to implement is to do it real random : if i need to generate leader - it should pick one of 29 leaders i have as ? or to pick leader from current order number.
Please help - we done huge ton of modding and programming and i cant advance till i see this is fixed.
Thanks alot.

In attached file character Kakeo is starting leader. I dismiss him and Dismiss put on cooldown.
Every single game i will recieve (with or without restart)
?, Kurkus, 1, MLeader_Wekkarus_Normal_5.png, Wekkarus, 3, 20, 7, 3, 8, 15, 0, 0, 18, 33, 38
this character.
If scientiest generated, and i dismiss - i will get this one :
?, Wus Wukkwuk, 1, FLeader_Wekkarus_Wuswok_3.png, Wekkarus, 8, 12, 11, 34, 25, 19, 26, 22, 38, 26, 20
and so on, seems characters changing the seed
But this is not random, i cant understand logic of some changing factor here, but please just make that if leader dismissed (or any other char) - any character could be generated from the current order pool and ? pool - This is how ? order is described in the modding guide. Random, is just can be generated in any time, this means it participate in every generation pool thru the game.
Thanks alot.
We released around 7000 race specific characters already, and we cant implement the featyre because lack of true randomisation on "?" character order appearance

I attached the file on Tech Support forum, this is repost.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 8/27/2014 11:00:07 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 12
RE: 1.9.5.8 Requests - 8/28/2014 1:09:20 AM   
Nanaki

I have noticed that there are still a lot of bugs/issues on my buglist that have not been addressed yet. More bugfixes would be great, thank you.

< Message edited by Nanaki -- 8/28/2014 2:22:08 AM >

I ate the batter of the bulge at Hans' Haus of Luftwaffles

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 13
RE: 1.9.5.8 Requests - 8/28/2014 2:36:20 AM   
Falokis

quote:

ORIGINAL: Retreat1970

Would it be possible for the research order to just set an end tech instead of typing in every tech to get there? For example if I want fast energy propulsion (research # 30), could I just type 30 first in the WeaponsResearchProjectOrder, and the game will understand I need energy torpedo weaons (#33) then enhanced torpedos (#34) to get to fast energy propulsion (#30).
This please. With all the new tech mods coming out and the balancing going on, this would save everyone a great deal of time.

Post #: 14
RE: 1.9.5.8 Requests - 8/28/2014 12:04:38 PM   
Flinkebeinchen

Regarding Explorers, I noticed that they tend to fly to systems in "groups" on Automation. For example I build three Explorers after I researched WarpBubble. I already had some systems mapped near my home system due Ruin exploration. All three Explorers flew to the same nearest unexplored system while automated.

(in reply to Falokis)
Post #: 15
RE: 1.9.5.8 Requests - 8/28/2014 3:01:46 PM   
Numdydar

I tend to manually select the first systems to explore and then once the explorers are more separated them automate them. Seems to work well for me any way

(in reply to Flinkebeinchen)
Post #: 16
RE: 1.9.5.8 Requests - 8/28/2014 4:22:22 PM   
lurchi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Retreat1970

That way you'd loose control over the order the AI researches defeating the purpose of the feature. Try using tech focus instead.

Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> 1.9.5.8 Requests Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI