Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Japanese land in OZ!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Japanese land in OZ!! Page: <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/27/2014 5:37:07 PM   
JocMeister

I´ve been looking at what I have and I just don´t have enough armor to let them do it alone.

I´m thinking 4 IDs (3 US + Indian) + all the OZ, US and British armor. That will end up around 2000 AV. I will also have to bring a shed load of AA. It will hopefully guarantee success. He doesn´t have the forces close by to stop it as they are all either in SOPAC or Burma. He has to send shipping to pick them up, load them, ship them and then unload them. It could possibly take him as much as 3 weeks for emergency troops to arrive from Burma.

How long would it take for me to march to PB? Armor could reach it in week or so. How much for infantry? Also keep in mind that he may not be in a position to send the KB to drive my navy off. If he is sitting outside Fiji with a bunch of IDs to cover he can´t just abandon them.

I think it could actually work.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 1111
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/27/2014 5:45:44 PM   
Lokasenna

it's 4 hexes from Benkoelen to PB, with major road over all 4.

Infantry moves at 30 miles/day in move mode on major road, or 15 miles/day in combat mode. Unsure of the amount in Reserve, but it's somewhere closer to the 30. At 30 per day, you're looking at almost 2 hexes every 3 days - so 7 days, plus maybe 2 days to "flip" the 2 bases in between. Unless your armor units have already done that...

I'd estimate it at 2 weeks for emergency troops, from anywhere, to arrive at Palembang.

I'd love to see that shock attack across the river into PB destroy all of the Oil. Wouldn't that be hairy...

< Message edited by Lokasenna -- 8/27/2014 6:46:21 PM >

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1112
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/27/2014 5:51:42 PM   
Sangeli

quote:

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

I´ve been looking at what I have and I just don´t have enough armor to let them do it alone.

I´m thinking 4 IDs (3 US + Indian) + all the OZ, US and British armor. That will end up around 2000 AV. I will also have to bring a shed load of AA. It will hopefully guarantee success. He doesn´t have the forces close by to stop it as they are all either in SOPAC or Burma. He has to send shipping to pick them up, load them, ship them and then unload them. It could possibly take him as much as 3 weeks for emergency troops to arrive from Burma.

How long would it take for me to march to PB? Armor could reach it in week or so. How much for infantry? Also keep in mind that he may not be in a position to send the KB to drive my navy off. If he is sitting outside Fiji with a bunch of IDs to cover he can´t just abandon them.

I still think your plan is crazy. However, I think it can be modified to be *slightly* less crazy and still do what you want.

Rather than advancing on bases like Palembang directly, seek to establish bases on the open backside of Sumatra. Sumatra is so big that its hard for Japan to defend. But IMO that size works to your advantage because you can establish strategic depth to bring in units. The end goal of course is to establish 4E bases to pound Palembang for VPs in the end of 1942. All you have to do is land successfully then dig into the 3x terrain and try to hold off the Japanese in the front while building up airfields in the rear areas.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1113
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/27/2014 6:06:55 PM   
Spidery

quote:

pound Palembang for VPs in the end of 1942

No VPs for destroying industry outside of Japan.

Canoerebel's experience was there just aren't enough fighters to maintain a base on Sumatra in 1942. Maybe though with PDU off?

However, if Tom acts to oppose you that is going to escalate losses on both sides and that may be what is needed to avoid AV. If he doesn't oppose you he can get AV but busts the economy.

He may be able to fly a lot of troops into Palembang, depending what he has available, so you probably want some Lightnings that can do LRCAP from Benkoelen to interfere with that.

(in reply to Sangeli)
Post #: 1114
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/27/2014 6:07:41 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

I've been up and down and all around on those roads in my game with Mike. There's grey road to Lahat, RR to Prab., then the assault. If you want to walk, Loka's numbers look good. I'd also do a direct assault from off-map/CT. Move the Indian stuff out of Bombay due west to map edge, transit to CT, unload and reload after a rest. US forces can move EC to CT for free without ships if you don't mid slower, or fast on xAPs. Unless he has deep IO search and pickets he won't see you coming. Benkoelen as a landing.

If you want to be really hairy you could ram armor into Oosthaven, armor north to take the railhead at Prab, then phase unload your IDs in Strat, run up the RR and take the air hit for two days to mode convert. A little more risky for air from Batavia and associated AFs, but not much more than Benk. If the force is a write off anyway, shock and awe, man.

Do you have any recon on port sizes at Benk and Oost?

< Message edited by Bullwinkle58 -- 8/27/2014 7:08:30 PM >

The Moose

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1115
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/27/2014 6:11:03 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sangeli

I still think your plan is crazy. However, I think it can be modified to be *slightly* less crazy and still do what you want.

Rather than advancing on bases like Palembang directly, seek to establish bases on the open backside of Sumatra. Sumatra is so big that its hard for Japan to defend. But IMO that size works to your advantage because you can establish strategic depth to bring in units. The end goal of course is to establish 4E bases to pound Palembang for VPs in the end of 1942. All you have to do is land successfully then dig into the 3x terrain and try to hold off the Japanese in the front while building up airfields in the rear areas.

The western island bases are inside torpedo Nettie range from many bases on Malaysia. They are undeveloped and Jocke doesn't have any amphibs yet. I've gotten toe-holds on several by March 1943 in one of my games, but have taken losses on each run in to drop engineers or supply. Nothing is fast there until much later in the war.

The Moose

(in reply to Sangeli)
Post #: 1116
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/27/2014 6:18:25 PM   
JocMeister

Sorry for the lack of updates! I´m off to bed. Have to try and get some sleep after spending last night at the hospital.

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 1117
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/27/2014 7:25:05 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

Sorry for the lack of updates! I´m off to bed. Have to try and get some sleep after spending last night at the hospital.

Hospital? Hope everything is OK with you and your family.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1118
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/28/2014 5:47:51 AM   
JocMeister

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy
Hospital? Hope everything is OK with you and your family.

My grandmother suffered a big heart attack 2 nights ago. She pulled through for now but being 91 years old its still very uncertain.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 1119
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/28/2014 6:09:12 AM   
JocMeister

Sumatra OP

I know it sounds like a crazy idea and it is. But this could actually work. I would´t consider it if I thought it didn´t have any chance of success.

According to SIGINT all Tom has in PB is the 6th Tank RGT and a SNLF. No info on Benkoelen at allwhich could indicate its empty. The key for this OP is the massive Japanese investment in SOPAC. By all looks of it Tom is actually going to try and land on Nadi. That should keep his attention focused there for a while.

As long as he stays there he will need KB around for protection. I´m going to start rattle the sabers around Brisbane just to make sure he has he attention focused here. Allied fleet was spotted heading SW towards Pago Pago last turn. I had intended for them to go south of OZ to the IO but I´m going to turn them around and go off map instead. Tom will think they are heading for Pago Pago and this will force him to keep KB in the area.

------------------------
OOB (Draft)
------------------------

6 OZ Tank RGTs
7th + 254th Armored BDE
2 USMC Tank BTLs
4 US Tank BTLs
37th, 40th US ID.
3rd Marine ID
7 Indian ID.
6 AA units including the massive 23rd AA BDE.

Shipping will be the biggest problem. Most allied AP/AKs are heading towards Balboa together with most fast xAPs,

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1120
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/28/2014 7:15:27 AM   
JocMeister

June 25th -42

Still plodding along

------------------------
China
------------------------

Tom is pounding Changsha. Soon it will fall.

quote:

Ground combat at Chungking (76,45)

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 9006 troops, 754 guns, 759 vehicles, Assault Value = 1425

Defending force 75223 troops, 159 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1768

Allied ground losses:
379 casualties reported
Squads: 8 destroyed, 26 disabled
Non Combat: 4 destroyed, 11 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled

In southern China I´m trying to delay the inevitable. Lack of supply making this very hard though as Tom just pushed anything in front of him out of the way. Even 2 well rested 400 AV Corps dug in in 3x terrain is just brushed aside when their adjusted AV is reduced to 300.

------------------------
Burma
------------------------

The Nick makes its combat debut doing very well.

quote:

Morning Air attack on Chittagong , at 55,41

Weather in hex: Heavy cloud

Raid detected at 13 NM, estimated altitude 35,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 3 minutes

Japanese aircraft
Ki-45 KAIa Nick x 27

Allied aircraft
H81-A3 x 38
Hurricane IIb Trop x 39

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
H81-A3: 3 destroyed

Aircraft Attacking:
13 x Ki-45 KAIa Nick sweeping at 31000 feet

9 Allied planes are shot down for only 3 Japanese.

------------------------
SOPAC
------------------------

Tom is pounding Nadi with pretty much everything.

quote:

Night Naval bombardment of Nadi at 131,160

Japanese Ships
BB Hyuga
BB Ise
BB Fuso
CA Kako
CA Furutaka
CA Kinugasa
CA Aoba
CA Ashigara
CA Nachi
CA Haguro
CA Myoko

DD Numakaze
DD Namikaze
DD Nokaze
DD Tachikaze
DD Hokaze

Allied ground losses:
268 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 10 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 29 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 13 disabled
Guns lost 12 (2 destroyed, 10 disabled)
Vehicles lost 4 (1 destroyed, 3 disabled)

Airbase hits 4
Airbase supply hits 1
Runway hits 11
Port hits 7
Port supply hits 2

I´m not very worried. Seems the 21st MAG is taking most of the hits. The 32nd ID is hovering around 15-20 DIS while the 8th NZ and 24th RGT is completely uneffected. Forts are building up nicely and should reach 4 in 3-4 days. I can always rotate troops between Nadi and Suva.

On the seas we now have a completely ridiculous situation where Tom is using the KB to hunt for my subs while I try to run away with them. Problem is that KB is faster then my subs. Its not like they can just hide under the water or anything...

------------------------
OZ
------------------------

Another push towards Brisbane. I don´t have enough to capture it but I have a crapload of artillery. Perhaps I can burn some supply and generally be a PITA. Might even force Tom to pull some CAs/BBs from Fiji.

I´ve started bombing Brisbane at night. Tom countered this with Oscars on Night CAP. Thats nice because I´m shooting down more Oscars each night then I ever destroyed on the ground.

Not too proud of doing stuff like this but its working so I´ll use it for now.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1121
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/28/2014 7:30:30 AM   
Lokasenna

quote:

Sumatra OP

I know it sounds like a crazy idea and it is. But this could actually work. I would´t consider it if I thought it didn´t have any chance of success.

According to SIGINT all Tom has in PB is the 6th Tank RGT and a SNLF. No info on Benkoelen at allwhich could indicate its empty. The key for this OP is the massive Japanese investment in SOPAC. By all looks of it Tom is actually going to try and land on Nadi. That should keep his attention focused there for a while.

As long as he stays there he will need KB around for protection. I´m going to start rattle the sabers around Brisbane just to make sure he has he attention focused here. Allied fleet was spotted heading SW towards Pago Pago last turn. I had intended for them to go south of OZ to the IO but I´m going to turn them around and go off map instead. Tom will think they are heading for Pago Pago and this will force him to keep KB in the area.

------------------------
OOB (Draft)
------------------------

6 OZ Tank RGTs
7th + 254th Armored BDE
2 USMC Tank BTLs
4 US Tank BTLs
37th, 40th US ID.
3rd Marine ID
7 Indian ID.
6 AA units including the massive 23rd AA BDE.

Shipping will be the biggest problem. Most allied AP/AKs are heading towards Balboa together with most fast xAPs,

!!!

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1122
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/28/2014 7:32:53 AM   
Lokasenna

From your screen cap of Oz, it looks like you have enough to at last keep him at a stand still at Brisbane. 81k troops vs. 1400 AV? That seems about even to me, right? With his navy occupied at Fiji, he can't bombard you daily at Brisbane like before....

Operation Octopus - make him choose between Oz or Fiji. It seemed like the naval power was the thing that pushed you out before. He can't have it in both places.

And of course, hit him at Sumatra in a month or two. Make him pay through the nose.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 1123
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/28/2014 8:59:48 AM   
CaptBeefheart

I like it. Roll the dice. [/smiley rolling dice]

Cheers,
CC

Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 1124
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/28/2014 10:02:49 AM   
JocMeister

Yes, he will need the Navy OR some of the IDs prepping for Samoans/Fiji. Not sure where he is keeping them! I have to be a bit careful if he has most of them in OZ.

Japanese Divisions
5th ID - Northern Burma
16th ID - Planning for Nadi
18th ID - Rangoon planning for Colombo
21st ID - Brisbane
33rd ID - 1/3rd at Noumea. Planning unknown but probably Savaii.
38th ID - Brisbane
48th ID - Planning for Upolu.
56th ID - Moving for Burma. Planning for Perth.

I´m assuming the Samoans invasion is cancelled and Tom will instead try and hit the troops at Nadi. This is good news as it frees up about 1500 Allied AV that was previously sitting in the Samoans. I´ve changed the prepp for these troops and some will start moving out. It will still leave about 1000 AV in the Samoans behind level 6 forts.

I now have two options depending on what Tom does.

-If the KB stays in SOPAC and he counter invades the Fijis I´ll go for Sumatra.
-If he leaves SOPAC I´ll wait for his counter invasion and then counter invade the invasion using the 1500 AV freed up on the Samoans. These troops can in the meantime prepp for other offensive targets.

I also have a couple of other things planned.

< Message edited by JocMeister -- 8/28/2014 11:04:43 AM >

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 1125
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/28/2014 10:15:21 AM   
JocMeister

June 26th -42

Very little happening.

------------------------
China
------------------------

Uuugh.

------------------------
SOPAC
------------------------

The KB disappears heading SW (huh?) towards NZ. Another bombardment of Nadi. The poor 21st MAG are apparently sleeping in tents on the beach. DIS on other units drop to single digits.

Wonder how much fuel and supply he is burning for nothing!

------------------------
OZ
------------------------

LCUs are still coming out of STRAT mode. No reaction from Tom.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1126
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/28/2014 10:49:03 AM   
EHansen

oops

< Message edited by EHansen -- 8/28/2014 11:50:03 AM >

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1127
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/28/2014 11:27:00 AM   
JocMeister

June 27th -42

Even less happening.

------------------------
SOPAC
------------------------

KB still missing. I´m thinking he either pulled back to Noumea or is doing a 360 further south and will try and come up S/SE of Pago Pago.

Putting some subs in the probable path and pulling back some of the AUX ships in the Samoans.

------------------------
OZ
------------------------

Troops will have finished unpacking tomorrow and will head for Brisbane.

(in reply to EHansen)
Post #: 1128
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/28/2014 11:30:04 AM   
JocMeister

Have they changed the font on the forum or have I accidently done something with Chrome?

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1129
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/28/2014 11:45:18 AM   
Lowpe

I can be pretty crazy with my operations, but not seeing this one. You vastly underestimate Japan's ability to use interior lines to rapidly reinforce the threatened perimeter.

Sumatra operation:

Day 1: Japan responds by swarming the area with land based Air. Betty/Nell for low level torpedo strikes, not that fearful if yo have sufficient cap which you should have. Troops are being flown in to Palembang from Singers. Any spare forces, even garrisons, on the Singers railroad network are put into SR mode for movement to Singers and there to Sumatra. Fast transport amphib units from Singers to Palamebang, from Java to Sumatra. Paratroops flown in to Palembang.

Day2: Japanese fighters start to show up in large numbers.

Day 8: Japan has 600+ AV in Palembang, probably closer to 1000+. Japan has Air superiority. You realize that you didn't bring enough troops and supplies and planes and ships.

Day 20: KB could show up. Huge fuel burn.

Day 90-180: Last of the invasion force surrenders to Japan. Palembang oil only lightly damaged, if that.

Suva/Nadi safe, Oz perilous, Burma offensive stalled for supplies and terrain favors the defender. Japanese surface raiders sans CVs aggressively hunt convoys. Allied CVs stuck on the wrong side of the world...

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1130
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/28/2014 2:24:23 PM   
JocMeister

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

Well, it wouldn´t be fun if it was easy would it?

Its not that I disagree with you but I think you may be underestimating the element of surprise a bit. Tom is utterly focused in SOPAC right now. SIGINT tells me he is clearly looking at counter landing on Fiji. He will need the KB, the navy and at least 4 of his unrestricted IDs.

If I time this and wait until he lands on Fiji he will be stuck there for at least 1 months. I have 1200 AV including tanks and Marines behind level 5 forts in x2 terrain. Its going to take a while to wear them down. In the meantime he can´t just leave with the KB + navy or he would risk loosing the IDs he landed with. Right?

That could buy me a minimum of 3-4 weeks before he can even leave SOPAC. He then has 2 weeks of transit time. All I need is like 7-8 days before the armor can reach PB. All he has there is SNLF and a armored RGT. I will have somewhere around 500 AV (havn´t counted) in the armor alone. If they stall 4 full IDs will come a week later with a fully prepped HQ combo.

I´m not that worried about Japanese LBA besides the actual landing. Its x2 and x3 terrain and those AA BDEs are bloody brutal. 72 heavy AA guns...

I´m not saying its going to be easy but it COULD work!

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 1131
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/28/2014 2:25:48 PM   
paullus99

You've got nothing to lose at this point - if it works, it becomes a fun game again - if it doesn't the game is over anyway.

Never Underestimate the Power of a Small Tactical Nuclear Weapon...

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1132
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/28/2014 3:21:13 PM   
Lowpe

quote:

quote:

In the meantime he can´t just leave with the KB + navy or he would risk loosing the IDs he landed with. Right?

1. Let us assume he does land at Nadi/Suva. Why won't he leave with most of the KB to defend Palembang oil and snag an even larger Allied army plus maybe getting into a CV clash with land base air present? Maybe he waffles for a day or two, but your hitting him with the kitchen sink, it will get obvious quickly as to your intentions.

Best case he leaves a token naval force, enough to protect the landing. Your land based air is vulnerable to surface bombardments. He seeks a temp. stalemate or worst case he abandons the troops for the much more valuable prize at Sumatra.

He will be surprised for a day or two, but Japan can really moves the troops, and there are a lot of troops in that theater.

Take coastal defense guns, mines, pt boats, for Benkoelen, move your supplies landward to Lahat and Prabwhateveritis. Lots of engineers, Benkoelen is a lousy level 1 port. Egads, talk about challenges.

Are you taking your battleships? You could let this attack develop for two or so days, then bombard the HI with the battleships while raiding Ominato area. He will have one restricted Betty/Nell unit there...one escort carrier could probably protect them. Might as well put everything into harms way.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1133
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/28/2014 4:01:50 PM   
JocMeister

quote:

1. Let us assume he does land at Nadi/Suva. Why won't he leave with most of the KB to defend Palembang oil and snag an even larger Allied army plus maybe getting into a CV clash with land base air present? Maybe he waffles for a day or two, but your hitting him with the kitchen sink, it will get obvious quickly as to your intentions.

Best case he leaves a token naval force, enough to protect the landing. Your land based air is vulnerable to surface bombardments. He seeks a temp. stalemate or worst case he abandons the troops for the much more valuable prize at Sumatra.

He will be surprised for a day or two, but Japan can really moves the troops, and there are a lot of troops in that theater.

Take coastal defense guns, mines, pt boats, for Benkoelen, move your supplies landward to Lahat and Prabwhateveritis. Lots of engineers, Benkoelen is a lousy level 1 port. Egads, talk about challenges.

Are you taking your battleships? You could let this attack develop for two or so days, then bombard the HI with the battleships while raiding Ominato area. He will have one restricted Betty/Nell unit there...one escort carrier could probably protect them. Might as well put everything into harms way.

You are such a pessimist!

I hope by then I can have a more potent Naval LBA force. So if he leaves Fiji with the KB...he would also have to deal with the subs if it leaves. And my BBs will stay back...too slow. So we might end up having some BB battles down there.

I agree this is a crazy optimistic thing but it CAN work. All he has in a SNLF and a tank RGT. He can´t fly in any heavy equipment and I´m rolling loads of Grants/Lees in the assault. We all know the engine doesn´t deal very well with massed armor and his SNLFs have really bad Anti Hard values. And his tankettes...well...you know.

For now I´ll continue with the OP. All its costing me right now is time. I can always abort at any point and with the entire IJN in the SOPAC I can´t do anything there anyway. With the allied fleet in the IO we can certainly have some fun with KB away in SOPAC. Right?

Burma, Sumatra, Adamans...3000 unrestricted AV + the troops I brought for the PB raid. Should be 5000 AV or so. Even if I don´t go ahead with the OP I can probably find some work to do anyway. Right?

Tom clearly wants SOPAC. I can´t stop him having his way there so I might as well do something elsewhere.

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 1134
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/28/2014 4:16:00 PM   
Lowpe

You could duplicate your attack on Tavoy, and threaten Bangkok, Singers, Burma and not put your troops at so much risk.

Going thru an Island, from a level one port no less, shudder.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1135
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/28/2014 4:38:04 PM   
JocMeister

quote:

You could duplicate your attack on Tavoy, and threaten Bangkok, Singers, Burma and not put your troops at so much risk.

Too close to Burma. I´m not there to stay remember. CR tried that and it doesn´t work. Allied pools simply cannot sustain such high intensity combat. There is nothing of value to be had from a "smash and grab" in that area.

In and (hopefully) out.

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 1136
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/28/2014 5:06:20 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

Use Oosthaven!!!!

The Moose

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 1137
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/28/2014 5:08:09 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

Anywhere in Malaysia and the Allies are bombed to paste. If they even get ashore. Do you realize how many torpedo bombers he can put over Tavoy at this date? And he takes Bangkok. So what? Nothing there but some HI and a supply dump. Jocke has supplies; he's swimming in supplies. Palembang is an existential threat to Japan's survival. Nothing else at this point is.

The Moose

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 1138
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/28/2014 5:35:44 PM   
witpqs

quote:

Have they changed the font on the forum or have I accidently done something with Chrome?

You can accidentally change the zoom level quite easily. I usually notice when my eyes start aching.

- Hold down the Control key when moving the wheel on the mouse (if your mouse has a wheel), up to zoom in and down to zoom out.

- Control+0(zero) returns to 100%.

- Control+-(dash or minus key) zooms out.

- Control++(plus key) zooms in.

Edit to add: in the right-hand end of the address bar you will see a magnifying glass if the zoom is not 100%.

< Message edited by witpqs -- 8/28/2014 6:37:04 PM >

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1139
RE: Japanese land in OZ!! - 8/28/2014 5:52:17 PM   
JocMeister

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Hah! Happened to me a while back. Took a while to figure that out. Not that this time though and it only seems to effect this forum. The font is different and I think the text might be smaller?

Here is a screen! Notice how the font is different for everything related to the forum including the buttons. But if you look at the browser address in the top its a different font.

Pretty sure this changed for me this morning.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1140
Page:   <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Japanese land in OZ!! Page: <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI