Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Master Wishlist Thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: Master Wishlist Thread Page: <<   < prev  59 60 [61] 62 63   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/22/2014 3:20:42 AM   
Rhikore

Mentioned this a Bajillion times, but ... The Ability to Modify Sub-Characteristics of the Main Characteristics.
As it stands, If you have an Aggressive and Intelligent race, you cannot also have weak Troops. Major oversight, IMO, especially to those who mod, and/or are rpg-ers/theme-ers.

< Message edited by Rhikore -- 8/22/2014 4:40:44 AM >

(in reply to TeurisKador)
Post #: 1801
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/22/2014 12:54:07 PM   
Jeeves

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mortimer14

In the lower left of the screen when viewing colony information, you have an option to pay for smuggling one or many resources to that colony. You can also, if you have the option to "suggest contracts" in setup, wait for your advisors to suggest that you offer a smuggling contract.

If you build 3 (or 4 depending on race) types of recruiting facilities, this option is covered up by the types of troops that you can recruit.

The result is that you now have to wait for your advisors to ask you to offer a smuggling contract (this won't happen if you set it to fully manual).

I would like to see either: 1) more options along the bottom of this screen so that the smuggling and mercenary defense are not covered up; or 2) move the smuggling button to the right and cover up wonders or facilities instead .. both of these are available in the colony information screen anyway;

alternatively; 3) add an option in the colony information screen where you can offer such a contract.

Just select the colony and ctrl right click to bring up a menu, select the pirate smuggling and the option for what you want to smuggle...

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay

(in reply to Mortimer14)
Post #: 1802
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/22/2014 3:44:56 PM   
AKicebear

Toggle: When cycling through idle ships/fleets do not include automated fleets.

(in reply to Jeeves)
Post #: 1803
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/23/2014 5:30:57 PM   
fruitgnome

The selection marking rings should be moddable, I don't want to see them. What I have selected I can see in left down corner.

(in reply to AKicebear)
Post #: 1804
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/23/2014 9:08:47 PM   
lurchi

Double post. Please ignore or delete.

< Message edited by lurchi -- 8/23/2014 10:24:12 PM >

Post #: 1805
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/23/2014 9:23:23 PM   
lurchi

Things I'd like to have in no particular order.

* Include bonus/malus for weapons like targeting or striking against shields/armor in the components file instead of hardcoding them. It would be great if there were a new option for the weapon's impact on the crew so I could create a real death ray.
The possibility to set a certain diplomatic penalty due to the use of a "evil" tech would also be very welcome.

* Further raise the max number of components. I'm at 293 already and there still are a bunch of race techs to add. Just a few more would really help.

* Add a description field for components similar to facilities and plagues.

* Allow adding new weapon types to the galactopedia. I have several new weapons I'd like to add, but the pages don't show up.

* Allow more and various planetary weapons. As of now only one ion weapon per planet is possible. Allow defining new facilities similar to wonders, if possible with more influence options.

* Allow alternate weapons for fighters and bombers and apply their special properties.

* Allow more races. The more the better, but at least 100. A team of modders is thinking about a mega mod for DW Universe and 50 is way to low.

Also thanks for what you already did. Great job.

< Message edited by lurchi -- 9/16/2014 10:10:30 PM >

Post #: 1806
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/26/2014 2:39:02 PM   
AKicebear

More precise fleet formation/behavior automation.

E.g. - I'd like my automated fleets to only defend colonies (not attack other areas) and exclude/include only certain types of ships. Then I'll form my own attack fleets with the remainder of free ships...

(in reply to lurchi)
Post #: 1807
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/26/2014 2:55:40 PM   
Blackstork

Please invest some time into character Ai programming to allow to Ai to consider to dismiss harmful characters, use spies according to their bonuses, and allow to set race-specific ratio for operations (same way as it set for types of troops).
And.. Please implement custom soundtracks folder indexing system.
Thanks. :)

(in reply to AKicebear)
Post #: 1808
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/26/2014 3:26:23 PM   
FrancoisH

Hello there,

I'm new to the game but I would like to see some improvement in :
- The Fleet UI design, to be able to see precisely what's inside it... or to define a fleet template to initiate building for missing kind of ship into it.
- The Ships UI design, to be able to filter more specifically ships by type (sub category?) or give the ability to sort by more than one field. (I.E filter 1st by fleet and 2nd by ship type in military category).
- Some histograms of the success progress over time to see how you perform.

This is quite all I can think right now but I'm sure I'll come with more ideas soon ;).

And thank you for the fabulous work around this game. It could look not that shiny as many other but it's incredibly deep and fascinating... I spent... 31 hours playing it since I bought it a few days ago, that's never happened to me since a very very long time !

Kind regards.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 1809
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/26/2014 7:23:16 PM   
Kushan04

Some things I'd like to see:

- The ability to set player starting settings to random (Homeworld quality, starting size, etc).
- The UI for troops stationed at a colony reworked. After 8-10 troops at a colony its almost impossible to judge how many troops are needed for an invasion.

(in reply to FrancoisH)
Post #: 1810
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/26/2014 10:15:15 PM   
Menzoberranzan

Two things that I'd like to see (apart from things mentioned already)

1. A (hopefully) minor UI addition: Real Time/Date in the blank space in the upper left corner.
a. Alarm clock feature to let me know I need to give my eyes a much needed break.

2. Settings in the race specific text files that will add modifiers to a particular race's desire to migrate to specific planet types. For example, a race that is native to volcanic worlds should have a negative bonus to migrate to an ice world.

(in reply to Kushan04)
Post #: 1811
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/27/2014 1:34:56 PM   
FrancoisH

As I said, I would post some new suggestions as I play this game.

I find two things missing on the UI, in addition to my post upward :
- We need more filter on the general map, even deactivating some options make you go to the game options, another tool bar for filters should be better and add some filters or colouring options. (i.e.: show treaties colour rather than faction colour so you can see things better, show only pirates, etc...)
- Add a search function to find something using text, more filtering in general as I said in my other post.

(in reply to Menzoberranzan)
Post #: 1812
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/27/2014 8:50:07 PM   
Blackstork

Please allow better randomisation of characters using ? order for characters. Currently it does not working as described. Random order characters have own constant order of appearance it seems.
We've put huge work into this and this will be awesome if you release some fix in 1.9.5.8 that provides true randomisation of characters (ie if i have 30 leaders, 1 of them order 0, 29 order ?, each time i play different game and dismiss my leader for example i will recieve different leader.)

UPDATE: it will randomize differently if you restart game completely. Please allow true random seeding which will not require restart of the game. The generation completely random, but seed seems to be same for all games started in one game's start. For now i will advise to restart game for people who want to re-play game with same race and start differently.

Thanks alot, looking towards creating best mods for best 4x ;)

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 8/27/2014 9:52:49 PM >

(in reply to FrancoisH)
Post #: 1813
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/27/2014 9:16:47 PM   
Blackstork

I were able to see some random results before, but now i getting Kurkus leader from each single dismiss i managing to do to initial leader with this file.
This is not random, and if this random order pre-defined per file this is not random.
I think my random results were because other class characters been generated which changed something.
The only possible and normal way to implement is to do it real random : if i need to generate leader - it should pick one of 29 leaders i have as ? or to pick leader from current order number.
Please help - we done huge ton of modding and programming and i cant advance till i see this is fixed.
Thanks alot.

I attached the file on Tech Support forum, this is repost.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 8/27/2014 10:18:51 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 1814
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/28/2014 8:18:54 PM   
fruitgnome

It would be nice to see the maintaince cost of the components in the ship&base designer.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 1815
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/28/2014 9:52:53 PM   
Jethro420

I'm sure it's been mentioned. But, the option to disable overpowered wrecks.

They destroy balance, especially early on when you can rule your part of the galaxy with a single high-tech capital ship or, conversely, meet the pirates next door who just found one and can't wait to test it out - on you.

Plus, how could any race find a ship so far ahead of its technology and just hop in and start kicking butt?

That's like handing my keys to someone who's never seen a car and expecting good results.

(in reply to fruitgnome)
Post #: 1816
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 8/29/2014 1:45:56 PM   
Blackstork

Another small request for fix on a characters

Currently if goverment set to replacement of leaders from non-leader character pool (governors, generals, scientiests) character completely reset their skills, even if the skills exist in leader skill list. This approach cant create any strategy, design.. nothing. Randomization breaks completely this even, deleting character from other role and regenerating him with random abilities, like he got complete new self.
Please fix it to the mechanic where character which usurp leadership possess his old skills, if they appear in leadership skill list (perhaps losing some % of them). This way alot of modding possible, goverment and character design get alot of new possibilities.
Thanks in advance. Obcourse the randomization fix is the vital thing, but any attention towards character modding would be appreciated. Thank You.

(in reply to Jethro420)
Post #: 1817
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 9/2/2014 4:35:20 PM   
NephilimNexus

Pirate improvment suggestions for next patch:

1) Assimilate/Enslave/Resettle/Exterminate needs to be made to actually work for pirate factions, please.

2) Can we make it so that we can still add pirate bases/fortresses to planets after they've be conquered? Because sitting around for years waiting for the AI to drop a colony ship on a prime spot so I can properly take it is a pain. As it is now, building your own colonies as a pirate is counter-productive.

3) Why does building a Regional Capitol lower my income? Oh, because it reduces corruption, and corruption is how I make my money. Well... crap.

4) Can we fix the absurd income cliff-dive that takes place when a planet is actually conquered? Income 80,000cr/year... conquer one planet... income now -20,000cr/year. WTF?! And I know this isn't just me being crazy, either. I've seen AI planets at 20% tax raking in 30K of income. I conquer it and, at that same tax level, the income instantly drops to less than 2K.

5) I am of the opinion that Resorts should be considered Private Sector. After all, passenger ships are, and I'm having trouble picturing a government that doesn't directly control the mining operations that make their very existence possible... yet decides to micromanage slot machines.

6) Differentiate, visually, the corruption that is caused by your pirate faction (read: income gained) versus corruption caused by other factors (read: income lost).

7) Is it me or does that AI never deliver goods to space stations? Alright, how about a new station type, then: "Supply Depot." Works like a space station except that the freigher AI gives it a high priority for cargo deliveries.

8) New component "Microwave Power Collector" - works like a regular Energy Collector, but only produces half the power. The upside is that it does not need to be placed in proximity to a star in order to work. Good for those nebula mines and super-secret locations in the middle of nowhere.

9) Is it just me, or do assault pods tend to bug out after a while? As in, they stop regenerating and your left with no recourse but to scrap your ship and build a new one. When playing pirate, this particular problem can range from "frustrating" to "game breaking."

10) Please un-nerf Raiders. Egads, they suck. Penalty to state ships, civilian ships, base cost and base defense? And for what, a singular raid bonus? I can get the same perks playing Mercenary and get base bonuses as well.

11) Here's a thought: Let playstyle affect Influence gain. Raiders would get a big bonus for raiding and capturing things, obviously. Mercenaries would get a bonus every time they blow up something in that planet's system and for completing military contracts. Smugglers get an influence bonus to smuggling and fullfilling smuggling contracts.

So a Raider can move into a system and start taking over stations, capturing freighters, and raiding the planet. All of these activities generate influence, with a bonus for planetary raids. While a Mercenary would move into a system and just start blasting everything in sight to generate fear, gaining influence that way... or gain influence when completing contracts for an Empire. Defense contract for a planet? Gain influence over that planet when it completes. Smugglers would get a bonus to influence for their smuggling ships, and an extra bonus if under contract. The idea being that it would actually be possible for a Smuggler to gain control over a planet through the sheer power of their illicit goods flooding the planet.

I know that some of this is already in game. My point is to make it specialized.

12) Tourists who visit Pirate owned Resorts should carry back a small amount of corrupting Influence back to their homeworld with them. Illegal drugs, contraband, loosened morals, etc. This would let players try the "Las Vegas Mob Boss" angle.

13) Speaking of contraband... how about specific resources (read: illegal stuff) that only Pirates can see & extract from planets? These could then be used to increase the profits and Influence gained during Smuggling, as these goods gets snuck in with the legitimate cargo. Later they can be used to increase Happiness (and Corruption) on worlds that you control outright.

14) When boarding and capturing a ship with a named NPC on board, you should get a chance of capturing that officer. Said officer can either be kept prisoner, ransomed, or you can try to recruit them yourself.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 1818
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 9/7/2014 1:41:10 PM   
gerishnakov

1. I think I posted a similar request before, with more regard to modding but, can you please add forest planets to the game? The images already exist so they must have been intended to be in there. This would add more variety to the game, and I believe there are a couple of the vanilla races whose native planet types would be forest.

2. Please allow players to select a 'random' option for galaxy types when starting a new game.

3. Add a 'reset to default settings' button for the custom game set up. Sometimes one messes with the settings so much you can't remember how to get them back to 'normal'.

Thank you!

< Message edited by gerishnakov -- 9/7/2014 2:45:02 PM >

(in reply to NephilimNexus)
Post #: 1819
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 9/8/2014 9:02:42 PM   
fierceking

1) Allow more than 1000 techs on the research tree

2) Allow modders to specify special designation for Pirates in the research tree

(example...

ALLOW RACES ;Pirates)

3) For AI improvement, Allow modders to have options using...

WeaponsResearchProjectOrder1
WeaponsResearchProjectOrder2
WeaponsResearchProjectOrder3

EnergyResearchProjectOrder1
EnergyResearchProjectOrder2
EnergyResearchProjectOrder3

HighTechResearchProjectOrder1
HighTechResearchProjectOrder2
HighTechResearchProjectOrder3

Right now the AI is very predictable in what they intend to do if their tech tree is mapped out. So if the game could randomly choose from 3 optimal choices, the game would be more unpredictable.

(in reply to gerishnakov)
Post #: 1820
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 9/10/2014 10:18:06 PM   
NephilimNexus

Allow proper retiring of space facilities.

Meaning that instead of just "scrap" and losing everything on board, you should be able to order a base to be "retired." At this point it's extractors shut down and freighters are queued-up to remove all the cargo and ship it to other locations. The the base begins to disassemble itself into parts, which freighters would also collect, with the docking bays last.

(in reply to fierceking)
Post #: 1821
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 9/12/2014 12:45:40 PM   
scbfromnc

Empire Navigation Tool: Potential Colonies - name turns to a particular color when you've selected it for colonization. Allows a quick scan to see how many upcoming colonies you'll have.

Empire Navigation Tool: Include Colony Ships (perhaps under Explorers button) so you can see build progress easily.

Screen Launch Buttons (at top of main screen): Ships button should remember last setting. For ex if I select Military Ships and exit, it should default back to Military Ships (instead of All Ships) when I go back to that screen. Same with Expansion Planner -- the top half of that screen remembers (for ex if I select sort by resource type) but the bottom half of the screen doesn't remember (for ex, if I select Empire Resource Locations) and defaults back to Potential Colonies.

Empire Navigation Tool: Make the Fuel Remaining icon and Automation icon different colors (under, for ex., Exploration Ships, Construction Ships, etc) so it's easier to see which ships are automated.

Allow Edit of a Queue: For ex., if I select a planet to have mining station to be built, allow me to remove it from the queue. Allow me to see and re-arrange the queue.

Screen Launch Buttons: When I open a screen, allow me to drag it around to different positions on the screen. Allow me to have different screens active -- this seems to work with some screens, particularly the other Screen Launch Buttons, but other screens like the Empire Navigation Tool can't be interacted with when a Screen Launch Button is active.

(in reply to NephilimNexus)
Post #: 1822
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 9/18/2014 2:52:51 PM   
lurchi

Things I'd like to have in the order of importance.

* Allow more ressources to affect races in the race files. Right now there are 3, I need 7 to implement the 4 different kinds of drugs I've added which have various effects. That also gives the pirates more contraband.

* Allow more than 1000 research projects. I'd need 1200 to implement everything already planned.

* Add a description field for components similar to facilities and plagues.
OR (even better)
* Allow adding new content like component descriptions to the galactopedia. I have added description pages for several new weapon types, but they don't show up at all.

* Include bonus/malus for weapons like targeting or striking against shields/armor in the components file instead of hardcoding them. It would be great if there were a new option for the weapon's impact on the crew so I could create a real death ray.

* Allow setting a certain diplomatic penalty for the use of "evil" tech (now hardcoded only for bombardment and planet destruction).

*Allow defining new facilities similar to wonders, if possible with more influence options.

* Allow building more and various planetary weapons. As of now only one weapon per planet is possible.

* Allow alternate weapons for fighters and bombers and apply their special properties.

* Further raise the max number of components. I'm at 293 already and there still are a bunch of race techs to add. A few more would be nice, but I can also delete some obsolete vanilla ones.

* Allow restricting research projects to certain governments similar to restricing them to races.

* Allow more races. The more the better, but at least 100. A team of modders is thinking about a mega mod for DW Universe and 50 is way to low.

Also thanks for what you already did. Great job.

< Message edited by lurchi -- 9/21/2014 12:08:17 PM >

(in reply to scbfromnc)
Post #: 1823
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 9/27/2014 10:00:45 AM   
fruitgnome

THX to everyone who developed this great nearly fantastic game. Please make lurchis mod possible! THX

Edit:
If a game needs a brightness, contrast and gamma settings then it is this game!

< Message edited by fruitgnome -- 9/27/2014 12:05:37 PM >

(in reply to lurchi)
Post #: 1824
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 9/30/2014 5:58:39 PM   
slaxis

quote:

ORIGINAL: FrancoisH
- The Fleet UI design, to be able to see precisely what's inside it... or to define a fleet template to initiate building for missing kind of ship into it.
- The Ships UI design, to be able to filter more specifically ships by type (sub category?) or give the ability to sort by more than one field. (I.E filter 1st by fleet and 2nd by ship type in military category).
- Some histograms of the success progress over time to see how you perform.

Great ideas, I agree fully. Probably you like to play the game like me, design the ships and see how the war effort goes without having to micro alot.

Split two different kind of fleet automations on different policy configurations: Fleet management (i.e., how the AI create the fleets and assign ships to it), making it possible to have raid fleets, colony conquering fleets OR expand the number of roles (Escort, Frigate, etc). I usually like to have ships focused on damage output, other focused on disabling and "tractor beaming" people... And I'd like to balance my fleets with different proportions of those specialized ships. And the second policy about fleets being Fleet Postures automation. When to assign defensive fleets to colonies, offensive fleets, so on.

Other ideas about diplomacy management. I think the AI prompts ALOT for the same kind of deal, like, the same race dozens of time prompting for mutual defense pacts when I don't want. If I put management on automation the AI signs those deals with ppl I don't want any relations (and I'm end up on war against few races on the other side of the galaxy without any reason). So, I'd like to be able to specify automated responses for each kind of deal, or conditions about when to accept some kinds of deal like (Mutual Defense Pacts - Only With "Delighted" relationship and so on).

And is it possible to accept/refuse the deals with left/right mouse click DIRECT on the "alarm" that prompts on the right side of the screen? I usually play galaxies with alot of ppl, like, 19 opponents. Even on the early game, on 4x speed, the amount of AI prompting for deals, is annoying. Then, if I let the policy automated, I end up with deals I don't want. So, as you can't talk to other AIs while the game is running (as when diplomacy windows pops, the game pauses), it's BORING to click on ALL those propositions accepting/refusing it. If I'm able to accept or deny by clicking on it, without opening the diplomacy window, it would be faster and fun!

< Message edited by slaxis -- 9/30/2014 7:01:39 PM >

(in reply to FrancoisH)
Post #: 1825
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 9/30/2014 6:04:44 PM   
slaxis

Those diplomacy settings would detail mining and fuels rights also. I like to concede fuels rights to my allies, but I don't like people mining on my territory :)

(in reply to slaxis)
Post #: 1826
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 10/2/2014 11:10:29 AM   
fruitgnome

It would be nice to have the option, that the sound is disabled while saving, so it were possible to do something till the save ends. My savegames have now a size of 180 MB. And maybe the option, that the game is paused after saving.

< Message edited by fruitgnome -- 10/2/2014 2:33:11 PM >

(in reply to slaxis)
Post #: 1827
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 10/7/2014 12:10:11 AM   
joproulx99

Please make .wav to work in /sound/effect/''race'' subdirectories so we can give different sounds for weapons and engines for each race. Right now only .mp3 seem to work.

(in reply to fruitgnome)
Post #: 1828
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 10/7/2014 12:15:31 AM   
joproulx99

Oh I forgot, fix component 256 bug! for HIGHLY anticipated lurchi's and beyond mods :) (at least if you cant/wont fix it tell the comunity...)

(in reply to joproulx99)
Post #: 1829
RE: Master Wishlist Thread - 10/12/2014 12:14:27 PM   
SVWGiant

My wishes are

1) systems with more than 1 sun (like Alpha Centauri)
2) astroid fields around the hole system
3) elemination of the limit of planet textures in images\environment\planets\***

< Message edited by SVWGiant -- 2/8/2015 2:34:25 AM >

(in reply to joproulx99)
Post #: 1830
Page:   <<   < prev  59 60 [61] 62 63   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: Master Wishlist Thread Page: <<   < prev  59 60 [61] 62 63   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI