Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Replenishment air groups

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Replenishment air groups Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Replenishment air groups - 9/9/2014 3:01:03 AM   
Ormbane

I notice in the editor that some air groups which appear on CVEs are marked with "replenish" checked. What does this do? If one of these planes crashed or is shot down what happens? Is the plane replaced from the pool or not? What happens if I land the air group or transfer it to another ship? When inspecting the air group in the game it is indicated as a replenishment group - how is this any different than any other group as far as game mechanics go?
Post #: 1
RE: Replenishment air groups - 9/9/2014 3:52:14 AM   
BattleMoose

I *think* they are supposed to replenish airgroups on the fleet carriers. No idea how this mechanic works.

(in reply to Ormbane)
Post #: 2
RE: Replenishment air groups - 9/9/2014 4:19:48 AM   
jcjordan

They replenish airgroups at sea if in flight range of them - meaning say VF6 needs 5 a/c & it's at sea far from a port & the CV is in flight range of the CVE you can "pull" 5 a/c to VF6 so it comes up to strength & the replenishment loses 5 a/c so will have to replace these when it gets to a proper port. It must be of the same a/c though. As long as you don't go over the capacity of the CVE (normally you'd have to remove one of the groups to land), you can use the remaining group on the CVE just like a normal unit meaning it can fly missions as long as you're not over the CVE a/c capacity

< Message edited by jcjordan -- 9/9/2014 5:22:50 AM >

(in reply to BattleMoose)
Post #: 3
RE: Replenishment air groups - 9/9/2014 3:59:19 PM   
jmalter

The Replenishment groups based on CVEs must be in a Replenishment TF, in order to function. They'll also work while land-based.

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 4
RE: Replenishment air groups - 9/10/2014 2:46:38 AM   
geofflambert

If you use a replenishment group for training, or one of it's thirds, keep them away from anywhere CVs might show up needing replacements of both crews and aircraft. If you don't you'll have raw trainees on your CVs. The value of them is a very quick turn around after a carrier battle. Place them wisely. You may be training the crews, but they should be in the +60 range in the appropriate specialties. The CVs will draw from them if they're in flight range, they don't have to be in the same hex.

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 5
RE: Replenishment air groups - 9/10/2014 8:06:18 AM   
margeorg

I highly assume that the answer is "no", but I´ll ask anyway :) : Do they work also if the CVE is disbanded in port?

Cheers
Martin

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 6
RE: Replenishment air groups - 9/10/2014 1:01:59 PM   
jmalter

quote:

ORIGINAL: margeorg
I highly assume that the answer is "no", but I´ll ask anyway :) : Do they work also if the CVE is disbanded in port?

You assume correctly - a CVE w/ VRF airgroup(s) embarked must be in a ReplTF. Alternately, the VRF group can be land-based. When a CV airgroup needs replacement aircraft, it will draw from a VRF group if that group is in normal flight range & has the same airframe. The CV group will also draw replacement pilots at the same time, but only enough to fill the pilot req'ment to 100%, it won't fill out the airgroup to 133% pilots.

(in reply to margeorg)
Post #: 7
RE: Replenishment air groups - 9/10/2014 2:13:33 PM   
m10bob

If you land base the flight units themselves, you may then assign other carrier capable units to those CVE's, resize them to fit the ships and after a time, they will become "carrier-trained"..
I use CVE's to protect convoys, assigning the on board bombers to ASW and search duties..

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Replenishment air groups Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI