Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

really...really curious...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> really...really curious... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
really...really curious... - 2/20/2003 11:31:33 AM   
BlueLavender

just wondering... having seen the location of all the gentlemen here in the forum...

are there any of you guys who came from asia region ?

seems, I'm the only one here who's on the different side of timezone :p

anybody out there from eastern hemisphere ? :)

Post #: 1
- 2/20/2003 9:08:59 PM   
Jim1954

From no, but I lived 3 years in Singapore and 3 years in Jakarta back from '77 to '83...

Is Bugis Street still there?

Jim1954
KMC/T

(in reply to BlueLavender)
Post #: 2
Yep, it's still here - 2/20/2003 10:47:55 PM   
BlueLavender

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jim1954
[B]From no, but I lived 3 years in Singapore and 3 years in Jakarta back from '77 to '83...

Is Bugis Street still there? [/B][/QUOTE]

Yep, singapore still have Bugis Street, and it's growing more and more... and as crowded as ever :)

Nobody else from Asia ??

BL

Post #: 3
- 2/21/2003 12:23:13 AM   
rbrunsman

I'm not from there but SE Asia is my favorite place to visit. I've spent about a year traveling around there.

Your city/state is very pretty and you have a great zoo.:)

Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom

Post #: 4
- 2/21/2003 7:55:55 AM   
BlueLavender

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rbrunsman
[B]I'm not from there but SE Asia is my favorite place to visit. I've spent about a year traveling around there.

Your city/state is very pretty and you have a great zoo.:) [/B][/QUOTE]

Which year were you here ? Brunsmann, if you ever want to come again in the near future and visit the zoo, you can inform me... I can arrange for free pass to go to the zoo (I can get it as the company where I worked have special arrangement for this one :) )

BL

Post #: 5
- 2/21/2003 11:13:51 PM   
rbrunsman

I was in Singapore in November of 1999.

The zoo offer is very nice of you! However, I have no current plans to return soon. My girlfriend is a Francophile (forgive her please, I love her anyway :) ) so this year, like last year, is scheduled for a visit to France. It's not all bad, because she lets me drag her to all the WWII stuff I want to see. I get to choose where to go for vacation in 2004, so we will probably be headed to SE Asia then.

Bob

Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom

Post #: 6
- 2/22/2003 9:38:45 PM   
BlueLavender

no worries, brunsmann... anytime you want to come, just inform me in advance... I'll prepare it then.

btw, actually I also like France.. even thought I've never been there, from what I read, I do like to visit there some day in future... but not near future.. in fact, I'm learning French language now , hope can master it, since it's really a tongue twister :)

looks like nobody else from Asia in this forum...now, I'm dreaming there will be one day where SPWAW will become household game in Asia :)

BL

[B]I was in Singapore in November of 1999.

The zoo offer is very nice of you! However, I have no current plans to return soon. My girlfriend is a Francophile (forgive her please, I love her anyway :) ) so this year, like last year, is scheduled for a visit to France. It's not all bad, because she lets me drag her to all the WWII stuff I want to see. I get to choose where to go for vacation in 2004, so we will probably be headed to SE Asia then.

Bob [/B][/QUOTE]

Post #: 7
- 2/24/2003 11:55:15 PM   
rbrunsman

BL, how did you find SPWAW? Did you buy and play any of the original Steel Panthers games?

Post #: 8
- 2/25/2003 12:00:27 AM   
Jim1954

BL, when I was there I had a gaming buddy that was Singaporean. I actually saw him in an Asian Time a few years ago. He was teaching at the Univ. of Singapore. Walter Woon was his name. If you look him up, tell him that Jim Holland said hello. He was a good gamer, but that was back in 1978 or so.

:)

Jim1954
KMC/T

Post #: 9
Ooooohhh... - 2/26/2003 5:07:05 PM   
Noodleboy

...hold on... i'm Singaporean! Well, okay, i'm not but my parents are -does that count? and i've lived there for a total of three months (Ang Mo Kio). Weather too hot for l'il ole me though, and the beer's too pricey...(ten dollars a jug the last time i was over (okaythat was ten years ago)).

Post #: 10
- 2/26/2003 7:57:47 PM   
BlueLavender

I found it when I was looking around in internet for any steel panthers 3 mod... I own steel panthers 3, but sadly, after I upgraded my computer, it refused to run. Luckily I found SPWAW :p (though I sometimes still miss modern battle)

(but there's no mega campaign in singapore, unfortunately)

BL

[B]BL, how did you find SPWAW? Did you buy and play any of the original Steel Panthers games? [/B][/QUOTE]

Post #: 11
- 2/26/2003 7:58:56 PM   
BlueLavender

Jim, unfortunately I don't know him. but perhaps, if ever I got a chance to meet him, I'll send him your regards

BL

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jim1954
[B]BL, when I was there I had a gaming buddy that was Singaporean. I actually saw him in an Asian Time a few years ago. He was teaching at the Univ. of Singapore. Walter Woon was his name. If you look him up, tell him that Jim Holland said hello. He was a good gamer, but that was back in 1978 or so.

:) [/B][/QUOTE]

Post #: 12
Re: Ooooohhh... - 2/26/2003 8:00:13 PM   
BlueLavender

Are you still staying in Singapore now ?
(btw, which pub did you go last time ? :p )

Ang Mo Kio ? quite far from here.. I stay in Tiong Bahru area..

BL

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Noodleboy
[B]...hold on... i'm Singaporean! Well, okay, i'm not but my parents are -does that count? and i've lived there for a total of three months (Ang Mo Kio). Weather too hot for l'il ole me though, and the beer's too pricey...(ten dollars a jug the last time i was over (okaythat was ten years ago)). [/B][/QUOTE]

Post #: 13
Can't you ??? - 2/27/2003 1:59:53 AM   
chief

Blue Lavender: re your problem with SP3/SPMBT. Can't you locate a DOS download somewhere in this Wide Electronic universe and put it on your machine ????

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

Post #: 14
Re: Can't you ??? - 2/27/2003 8:10:58 AM   
BlueLavender

Chief, I do have dos, since I have win98, so it should run...but the problem, it runs, then hangs :p so I suspect that it is my graphic card problem

now my sp3 sits very, very nicely in my cupboard... :)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by chief
[B]Blue Lavender: re your problem with SP3/SPMBT. Can't you locate a DOS download somewhere in this Wide Electronic universe and put it on your machine ???? [/B][/QUOTE]

Post #: 15
- 2/27/2003 1:34:09 PM   
chief

BL: Sorry to hear that, I like to switch over to SP3 periodically to build up my morale after getting stung by AI in SPWAW. Good Luck:D :) :cool:

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

Post #: 16
Sort of close - 3/1/2003 1:14:03 AM   
Klinkenhoffen

Hello BlueLavender,
I'am in Australia. Melbourne now but I was in Perth until a few years ago.

I came up to Singapore in 1999. Loved the place. Did a cruise on the SuperStar Gemini around the Straights of Malacca.

Grew up playing boardgames. Squad Leader, and the Europa series(at the divisional level). Graduated to Steel Panthers 1 when I bought my first computer. Graduated to SPWAW not long ago.

Klinkenhoffen

It's all gone horribly wrong !

Post #: 17
Re: Sort of close - 3/3/2003 9:10:07 PM   
BlueLavender

Hi klinkenhoffen...how are things in australia ?

boardgames ? sometimes I do want to know how does it feel to play wargames in board game...(having never played one before)

BL

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Klinkenhoffen
[B]Hello BlueLavender,
I'am in Australia. Melbourne now but I was in Perth until a few years ago.

I came up to Singapore in 1999. Loved the place. Did a cruise on the SuperStar Gemini around the Straights of Malacca.

Grew up playing boardgames. Squad Leader, and the Europa series(at the divisional level). Graduated to Steel Panthers 1 when I bought my first computer. Graduated to SPWAW not long ago.

Klinkenhoffen [/B][/QUOTE]

Post #: 18
Re: Re: Ooooohhh... - 3/4/2003 2:22:33 AM   
Noodleboy

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BlueLavender
[B]Are you still staying in Singapore now ?
(btw, which pub did you go last time ? :p )

Ang Mo Kio ? quite far from here.. I stay in Tiong Bahru area..

BL [/B][/QUOTE]

Nope, not been back for ten years now. i remember Silver Dollar and Fire, that's about it.

Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> really...really curious... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI