Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Research base retrofitting forever...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Research base retrofitting forever... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Research base retrofitting forever... - 8/24/2014 3:04:08 AM   
morik

Its been years and years since I told them to retrofit. Their mission still displayed as retrofitting.
Any way I can figure out what is causing them to not finish? I have several new designs by now and want them to use the latest, but they've been stuck on the first design (retrofitting to the 2nd design) forever... I'm on like the 5th or 6th design.
Post #: 1
RE: Research base retrofitting forever... - 8/24/2014 8:16:41 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: morik

Its been years and years since I told them to retrofit. Their mission still displayed as retrofitting.
Any way I can figure out what is causing them to not finish? I have several new designs by now and want them to use the latest, but they've been stuck on the first design (retrofitting to the 2nd design) forever... I'm on like the 5th or 6th design.

Not enough money or resources?

(in reply to morik)
Post #: 2
RE: Research base retrofitting forever... - 8/24/2014 10:47:30 AM   
Hikikomori

I had that problem with a resort base, the problem was that i didn't have any cargobays i believe, and so it could not store the components that were needed for the upgrade.

I had to scrap it and build a new one.

Edit: You probably also need docking bays, no clue if science stations demand those like resort bases do.

< Message edited by Hikikomori -- 8/24/2014 11:53:55 AM >

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 3
RE: Research base retrofitting forever... - 8/25/2014 1:27:58 AM   
aZmoDen

Might also be a lack of docking.
If no ships can land bringing the materials needed for the upgrade, the base wont upgrade.

This is only a problem with bases that arnt orbiting colonies, as the planet supplies any orbiting stations with everything it needs (without needing supplies from a cargo ship)

(in reply to Hikikomori)
Post #: 4
RE: Research base retrofitting forever... - 9/4/2014 8:24:19 AM   
NephilimNexus

A docking port and at least one cargo bay, otherwise they'll have no place to put the materials needed for the assembly.

(in reply to aZmoDen)
Post #: 5
RE: Research base retrofitting forever... - 9/13/2014 1:08:20 PM   
Skyjack

I had this happen to a port that had been damaged by pirates. Docking and cargo bays non operational.

Scrapping and rebuilding was the easiest way.

(in reply to NephilimNexus)
Post #: 6
RE: Research base retrofitting forever... - 9/14/2014 3:10:58 AM   
Kayoz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skyjack

I had this happen to a port that had been damaged by pirates. Docking and cargo bays non operational.

I've seen problems with retrofitting or upgrading ships that are damaged, without repairing them first. This was ostensibly fixed in a patch a while ago; so it might be that upgrades don't happen till repairs are effected.

This may be "working as designed".

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” ― Christopher Hitchens

(in reply to Skyjack)
Post #: 7
RE: Research base retrofitting forever... - 9/14/2014 6:42:38 AM   
johanwanderer

First of, like eveyone already said, make sure you have at least a docking bay and cargo storage. Secondly, if the base is being build on a colony, that colony can only build one thing at a time. If you queued up a bunch of colony ships and then hit upgrade on the base, the planet will have to finish building all the ships first before it upgrades the base. If there were shortages, then the whole queue would become clogged, and nothing gets done.

(in reply to Kayoz)
Post #: 8
RE: Research base retrofitting forever... - 9/15/2014 4:21:33 PM   
Skyjack

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kayoz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skyjack

I've seen problems with retrofitting or upgrading ships that are damaged, without repairing them first. This was ostensibly fixed in a patch a while ago; so it might be that upgrades don't happen till repairs are effected.

This may be "working as designed".

Thanks. So if your base gets damages is there a way to repair it? When mine was damaged, I could not get a constructor to repair it.

(in reply to Kayoz)
Post #: 9
RE: Research base retrofitting forever... - 9/15/2014 5:23:29 PM   
Aeson

quote:

Thanks. So if your base gets damages is there a way to repair it? When mine was damaged, I could not get a constructor to repair it.

If the base is built over a colony, the colony will eventually repair the base. If the base is not built over a colony, then any construction ship should be able to repair it, although perhaps there's something in the code to prevent multiple construction ships from being ordered to repair the same object, and possibly some automation settings could interfere with your ability to order the construction ship to repair the base.

(in reply to Skyjack)
Post #: 10
RE: Research base retrofitting forever... - 9/24/2014 9:25:19 AM   
Skyjack

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aeson

quote:

If the base is built over a colony, the colony will eventually repair the base. If the base is not built over a colony, then any construction ship should be able to repair it, although perhaps there's something in the code to prevent multiple construction ships from being ordered to repair the same object, and possibly some automation settings could interfere with your ability to order the construction ship to repair the base.

Hmmmm, it was decades and the same 4 components remained damaged and never repaired (spaceport over a rich planet). I had zero shortages and zero automation set.

I had to scrap the entire medium port and start from scratch for 4 damaged components.

(in reply to Aeson)
Post #: 11
RE: Research base retrofitting forever... - 9/24/2014 11:59:01 AM   
fruitgnome

I don't know if you know that you can select a construction ship and left-click on a damaged base/ship to repair it.

< Message edited by fruitgnome -- 9/24/2014 12:59:48 PM >

(in reply to Skyjack)
Post #: 12
RE: Research base retrofitting forever... - 9/25/2014 9:45:08 PM   
Vellarain

Try and get damage control on all your investments as soon as possible, once you get the repair robot component, they will fix a damaged component every 5/3 seconds saving you from a massive headache and the constant whining of stranded ships from combat damage.

(in reply to fruitgnome)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Research base retrofitting forever... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI