Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) - 6/16/2013 9:53:23 AM   
Tyrador

quote:

ORIGINAL: dostillevi

I've taken a few of the races you made and turned them into "spoilers" to make game play interesting. I pulled these races from your mod and added them to my own personal mod with 49 races...

The Zha'til are a capable but enigmatic machine race that inhabits ice worlds. They are ruthless and able to carry on war without penalty, but they have little reason to engage in war and won't usually be the aggressor in a conflict.

The Vandomar are an amphibious powerhouse, focusing on income and wealth. They tend to be friendly with other races. The close resemblance to the Asari suggests some shared heritage, but unfortunately many Vandomar do not see this in a positive light and so they are not fond of the Asari. The Asari have no such negative feelings towards the Vandomar.

The Ditakur give the Ursidians a purpose, as they are capable and also a bit xenophobic. Ursidians now have very strong affinity for each other and a slightly smaller affinity for the rodent races, for whom they should act as protectors.

The Rachni are an insect spoiler in that they dislike the more conniving insect races and are neutral towards or only slightly like the others. I've made them more intelligent than you had them, and the less xenophobic and more intelligent races will see that the rachni are more misunderstood than bad.

Lastly, the Endorumi are highly militaristic and xenophobic amphibian race. They like and are well liked by other amphibious races, and they respect power among other races. They detest humans and have low regard for other humanoids due to what they perceive as a meddling attitude.. Amphibians shouldn't have to stand next to humanoids as the chief galactic powers.

As you can probably imagine, I don't know much about what these races are supposed to be like in the ME universe!

Hey, what about Protheans?
BTW: Info on these races is here - http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Background_Races

(in reply to dostillevi)
Post #: 121
RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) - 6/16/2013 1:45:44 PM   
AstroCat

Here's a really small thing, maybe add a more themed scifi money message to go with your other really cool message graphics?

(in reply to Tyrador)
Post #: 122
RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) - 6/16/2013 2:55:32 PM   
dostillevi

I ran out of room! I gave the Prothean shipset to the Ditakur I think since I already had their shipset in use. I'm going to experiment with >50 races once I have my game fully modded and stable with 49. I think I read somewhere that you can have more than 50 shipsets, but only 50 race images. I've got a month to figure it out before the EVE Mod gets released . Anyway, right now I'm doing the designtemplates for 9 or so races and its taking forever. I ran a 30 year automated game as the Vandomar though and they really will follow the research priorities.. to the point where they were flying around with highly advanced torpedoes around the same time they were getting hyperdrive and colonization tech.

(in reply to Tyrador)
Post #: 123
RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) - 7/9/2014 12:03:11 PM   
ChillGuru

Hi! Is this mod compatible with Distant Worlds Universe? I used to play this on Shadows a few months ago. Really awesome mod!

(in reply to dostillevi)
Post #: 124
RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) - 8/13/2014 7:02:12 PM   
Tyrador

Hello everyone, I've decided to return back to update my mod to the Universe version of DW. However, I think that since ancient Mass Effect era is not that popular, I'll do just Mass Effect present era mod. Moreover there is one already done by Kalthaniell with whom I've shared resources and cooperated across his and mine mods. Kind thanks to Demonius and others who made MASS EFFECT mod compatible with DW Universe.

So would it be a good idea for me to merge Prothean Cycle and MASS EFFECT mods? Thoughts and suggestions are more than welcome.

(in reply to ChillGuru)
Post #: 125
RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) - 8/14/2014 4:54:38 AM   
McMike

Good that you're back.

(in reply to Tyrador)
Post #: 126
RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) - 8/14/2014 2:15:45 PM   
Balkor Wolf

Which mass effect mod is compatible with Universe? I've had a look around but can't find it.

(in reply to McMike)
Post #: 127
RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) - 8/16/2014 2:30:05 PM   
gerishnakov

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tyrador

Hello everyone, I've decided to return back to update my mod to the Universe version of DW. However, I think that since ancient Mass Effect era is not that popular, I'll do just Mass Effect present era mod. Moreover there is one already done by Kalthaniell with whom I've shared resources and cooperated across his and mine mods. Kind thanks to Demonius and others who made MASS EFFECT mod compatible with DW Universe.

So would it be a good idea for me to merge Prothean Cycle and MASS EFFECT mods? Thoughts and suggestions are more than welcome.

Welcome back! A merge of the two would be great, but I'd also just be happy with an up to date, detailed Mass Effect mod. I've done a little work of my own on the ME mod (for my own use) over the past few months so I'd be happy to chip in.

(in reply to Tyrador)
Post #: 128
RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) - 8/16/2014 3:26:08 PM   
Icemania

A merge would be very cool!

(in reply to gerishnakov)
Post #: 129
RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) - 8/16/2014 3:32:24 PM   
Tyrador

quote:

ORIGINAL: gerishnakov

quote:

Welcome back! A merge of the two would be great, but I'd also just be happy with an up to date, detailed Mass Effect mod. I've done a little work of my own on the ME mod (for my own use) over the past few months so I'd be happy to chip in.

I should have been little bit more clearer on merging, as I will add only 4 races to ME mod (Council races (one race), Collectors, Protheans and Rachni, plus most of graphics from prothean cycle mod.

I'm almost done BTW, only custom map and components remain to be added.

Here's a pic of a new 'planet':

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Tyrador -- 8/16/2014 4:32:45 PM >

Post #: 130
RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) - 8/17/2014 12:46:34 PM   
Demonius

Is my release universe download still available?

I really didnt check up on all the patched in changes as well.

(in reply to Tyrador)
Post #: 131
RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) - 8/17/2014 8:39:19 PM   
heenka

that is awesome i got this game just because of the mass effect and prothean cycle mod :D are you going to add new techs and sounds aswell ?

(in reply to Demonius)
Post #: 132
RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) - 8/17/2014 8:50:58 PM   
Tyrador

quote:

ORIGINAL: Demonius

Is my release universe download still available?

I really didnt check up on all the patched in changes as well.

Yes it is. I've downloaded it from Kalthaniell's MassEffect mod page 7, where you posted it. Thanks again for updating it, you've save me a lot of work. :)

quote:

ORIGINAL: heenka

that is awesome i got this game just because of the mass effect and prothean cycle mod :D are you going to add new techs and sounds aswell ?

Yes, I'll add bunch of new tech with reworked tech tree, also components from the Mass Effect universe. I've already reworked and added 9 new resources. Addition of a lot of new sounds and custom map are partly done.

< Message edited by Tyrador -- 9/15/2014 6:08:56 PM >

(in reply to heenka)
Post #: 133
RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) - 8/18/2014 4:22:44 PM   
Demonius

Exclusively pirate? Well, wont be playing it then :/

(in reply to Tyrador)
Post #: 134
RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) - 8/18/2014 7:03:05 PM   
Tyrador

quote:

ORIGINAL: Demonius

Exclusively pirate? Well, wont be playing it then :/

Playing as Collectors or Cerberus with Shepard is not interesting? Well well

(in reply to Demonius)
Post #: 135
RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) - 8/22/2014 12:11:51 PM   
gerishnakov

I'll definitely download this mod once you've gotten it done and up to date, Tyrador, your work looks really high quality. I've been thinking recently that I might, of course using the work that has come before me, with permission, build up a mod specifically set in the post-Reaper War galaxy. I.e. something equivalent to the vanilla DW's Shadows Era.

(in reply to Tyrador)
Post #: 136
RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) - 8/22/2014 4:26:32 PM   
Tyrador

quote:

ORIGINAL: gerishnakov

I'll definitely download this mod once you've gotten it done and up to date, Tyrador, your work looks really high quality. I've been thinking recently that I might, of course using the work that has come before me, with permission, build up a mod specifically set in the post-Reaper War galaxy. I.e. something equivalent to the vanilla DW's Shadows Era.

Great idea! It will fit neatly with the DW Shadows Era.

Edit: "Actually I think it would be much better idea to make post-Mass Effect era, as canon destroy ending means that there are no mass relays and so space travel is really slow. I think of making a scenario, that begins with the ME3 ending which leads to a dark and scattered galaxy without centralised control from ex-seats of pre post ME3 factions, eg turians/humans. It will be much more interesting to play with this setting."

I will release this mod really soon and I would very much like it to be a free to mod community project, so I'll include some modding assets for ship's graphics as well.

< Message edited by Tyrador -- 8/26/2014 12:44:57 AM >

Post #: 137
RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) - 8/30/2014 4:42:08 PM   
Tyrador

I've almost finished with my mod. However, I am not sure wherever players would like to see more luxury resources without scrapping original ones or just replacement of the existing ones?

Since my resources.txt file already contains 57 resources, I'm really not sure what should I do? So your opinions on this matter would be more than welcome!

Thanks.

Here are some new planets BTW:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Tyrador -- 8/30/2014 5:48:46 PM >

(in reply to Tyrador)
Post #: 138
RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) - 8/30/2014 7:13:23 PM   
dvr

More resources present more challenges to the game, which are in my opinion always a good thing! If they have a purpose and are not for the sake of adding more resources, it's a cool addition.

(in reply to Tyrador)
Post #: 139
RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) - 8/30/2014 8:36:37 PM   
Tyrador

quote:

ORIGINAL: dvr

More resources present more challenges to the game, which are in my opinion always a good thing! If they have a purpose and are not for the sake of adding more resources, it's a cool addition.

Thanks for the response.

Yes they have a purpose, I've made 3 vital resources that give growth to colonies: Food, Water and Medi-gel(Medicine). So each organic race will have a 0.00 growth rate without these resources, but regretfully modding does not allow me to make negative growth to simulate starvation after mass relay destruction.

Also I've added some manufactured luxury resources, and lot's of realistic strategic resources. The fact that the are so much of them now would hopefully not destroy the gameplay.

(in reply to dvr)
Post #: 140
RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) - 8/30/2014 8:46:46 PM   
dvr

On hard difficulty I have almost never problems to keep up with other empires. And the resources you add seems to add a whole other level of gameplay (which is good). It seems like a lot of fun. I will test for you if you like.
If there are people who are complaining you can leave the resources out in another version? I don't know if is a lot of work or not and if a mod works that way. I am no modder. Far from that.
But I am looking forward to it and I will keep an eye on this thread! And I'm always happy to give suggestion.

(in reply to Tyrador)
Post #: 141
RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) - 9/7/2014 2:03:22 PM   
DownTheDrain

So...any updates on when the mod will be released?

(in reply to dvr)
Post #: 142
RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) - 9/8/2014 11:39:15 PM   
Tyrador

quote:

ORIGINAL: DownTheDrain

So...any updates on when the mod will be released?

It is practically finished. I plan to release at the end of this week.

There might be some balance issues, which i will fix as soon as someone points me out them.

(in reply to DownTheDrain)
Post #: 143
RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) - 9/12/2014 5:59:29 PM   
Rahal

Very much looking forward to this. Setting the mod post ME3 makes much more sense re: DW game mechanics.

(in reply to Tyrador)
Post #: 144
RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) - 9/15/2014 12:05:04 AM   
Tyrador

Also, this mod is very realism oriented. I can easily claim it to be the most realistic. No more you will find ridiculous hyperstop/disruption or gravitic weapons. However, there are plenty of realistic and theoretically possible weapons that can be used in space. For example I've used gravitic weapon feature of bypassing shields and armour to create Nasty Gamma-Ray emmission weaponry.

Here is a pic of new weapon techs:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Rahal)
Post #: 145
RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) - 9/15/2014 12:07:25 AM   
Tyrador

Thanks to http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/respectscience.php articles regarding current and future space tech needed for warfare.

< Message edited by Tyrador -- 9/15/2014 1:10:00 AM >

(in reply to Tyrador)
Post #: 146
RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) - 9/15/2014 1:13:23 PM   
DownTheDrain

I honestly don't care too much about realism as long as the technobabble fits the setting, but others might disagree.

Since the mod isn't released yet I'll have to compensate by asking a bunch of questions.

Any change to the ship sets? The canon ones obviously were fine but some of those that lacked a proper ME source didn't seem all that fitting (Krogan for instance).
Are you still sticking to this being a pirate only mod? If yes, will there be any special events for Collectors, Cerberus, Batarian slavers, whoever or will we all just merrily plunder the galaxy?
Custom galaxy, yes, no, maybe?
Will the canon characters play a role or do you consider them redundant after the end of the Reaper invasion?

If any of my questions has already been answered I apologize for not paying enough attention.
Either way, can't wait for the mod.

(in reply to Tyrador)
Post #: 147
RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) - 9/15/2014 5:13:52 PM   
Tyrador

quote:

ORIGINAL: DownTheDrain

I honestly don't care too much about realism as long as the technobabble fits the setting, but others might disagree.

Since the mod isn't released yet I'll have to compensate by asking a bunch of questions.

Any change to the ship sets? The canon ones obviously were fine but some of those that lacked a proper ME source didn't seem all that fitting (Krogan for instance).
Are you still sticking to this being a pirate only mod? If yes, will there be any special events for Collectors, Cerberus, Batarian slavers, whoever or will we all just merrily plunder the galaxy?
Custom galaxy, yes, no, maybe?
Will the canon characters play a role or do you consider them redundant after the end of the Reaper invasion?

If any of my questions has already been answered I apologize for not paying enough attention.
Either way, can't wait for the mod.

Change to everything (planets, ships, tech, resources, effects, sounds and etc.), you will see once my download link will be activated on moddb. But the problems is, quote from the first page:

"After almost a month of working on this mod, I've created massive amounts of new assets and features based on ME Universe and Hard Science (with tons of research).

However, my university studying time is approaching very quickly and so I have no more time to finish my mod. Therefore If someone's interested please take over, you don't need my permission, just finish it.

Hopefully my work will not be thrown away and mod will be finally finished."

Sorry about that, I've been doing this mod alone and for an extensive period of time. As I've said above there are loads and loads of new features. However I don't have time to finish the mod. I've used lots of assets from my old Prothean Cycle mod, such as shipsets for example.

The hardest part is luckily fully completed, like planets, map, effects, resources&shipsets (partly) and tech. It's 80% done basically.

< Message edited by Tyrador -- 9/15/2014 6:15:40 PM >

Post #: 148
RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) - 9/15/2014 7:06:40 PM   
DownTheDrain

quote:

However, my university studying time is approaching very quickly and so I have no more time to finish my mod. Therefore If someone's interested please take over, you don't need my permission, just finish it.

I missed that part.
Now I has a sad.

(in reply to Tyrador)
Post #: 149
RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) - 9/16/2014 9:29:14 PM   
Tyrador

Here's the download link for the mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/prothean-cycle-mod-for-dwshadows/downloads/mass-effect-4-mod-80-finished

I am really sorry to not be able to complete this mod. Thank DW modding text tools, they are extremely time consuming to manage. If there would be some sort of editor (there is one but no download link), I've might have completed the mod.

< Message edited by Tyrador -- 9/16/2014 10:33:01 PM >

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: [PCM] - Prothean Cycle Mod - (30/03/2013) Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI