Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Steal tech rate

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Steal tech rate Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Steal tech rate - 9/25/2014 3:00:55 AM   
zoommooz11

Very new to the game, and I am finding that stealing tech (I love long game so tech rate is set at 999) gives to much tech progress. I don't mind if tech stealing is usually successful, but gaining huge amount skewer my game play too much. So my question(s) are:

What determines the amount of tech gained (I assume it has something to do with the particular agents skill level)?

2. Can I alter this so a successful steal gives 10% of a tech for example, not half, or the whole amount. (This I guess will depend on the answer to question one, as if its a percentage, then the tech cost will not effect the amount gained, however if its a set amount, then the tech stealing amount will be smaller, the larger the tech costs)
Post #: 1
RE: Steal tech rate - 9/25/2014 4:19:29 PM   
Fishers of Men

Hello zoommooz11 and welcome to the forum. I play expensive tech, too. Here is what I have noticed about tech stealing. When stealing the early levels, I can get the whole thing all at one time, but as I move to later levels it takes more spy missions to get the complete tech. It might be based on a fixed money amount instead of percentage with the spy's abilities as a factor. Some later techs at the end of the tree take very many successful missions to fully steal. It was pretty impossible to get those.

That was my experience. With the patch changes to DW:U, this might have been adjusted to make it harder. I am not sure on this.

Old............but very fast

(in reply to zoommooz11)
Post #: 2
RE: Steal tech rate - 9/29/2014 3:38:59 PM   
Flinkebeinchen

You get a % amount of the tech based on the skill of your agent and the cost (tiers) of the techs. It doesn't matter if tech research is expensive or cheap.

< Message edited by Flinkebeinchen -- 9/29/2014 4:39:38 PM >

(in reply to Fishers of Men)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Steal tech rate Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI