Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rhodes43

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Rhodes43 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rhodes43 - 9/30/2014 7:44:06 PM   
golden delicious

A bit of errata for anyone playing this scenario- I recently had a House Rule query on this and realised that the current text is completely unclear. It's also quite important. The new text;

quote:

2) Can land anywhere if the formation's HQ is within two hexes and not EMBARKED in a deep water hex*: all formations with HQs except for 234th Brigade. Note that this is permitted if the HQ is in a Deep Water hex, but it must disembark.

This rule was intended to stop these units, which make up the bulk of the British OOB, from making small opportunistic landings all along the coast. The key point is that the HQ unit must commit to the landing; if it is just hovering off the coast it could easily move on and qualify another unit on the other side of Rhodes. This gives the German player a fighting chance of confining the British to a reasonably limited set of landings.

There's no tangible change to the scenario, but I'm hoping to update to a clearer version on Rugged Defense anyway. This will also clear up the mess that has become of the on-map House Rule text since I published the scenario originally.

"What did you read at university?"
"War Studies"
"War? Huh. What is it good for?"
"Absolutely nothing."
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Rhodes43 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI