Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

laptop query to run this game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> laptop query to run this game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
laptop query to run this game - 10/5/2014 6:15:03 AM   
kplusonline

whats spec for a laptop is required to run this game and the upcoming witw at an acceptable level?

i certainly don't intent buying a gaming laptop but im looking to spend around £500 on a laptop and am wondering if for example a graphic card is required or am i better investing in a laptop with a faster processor?

Id be interested to hear some opinions from players who run this game on laptops.

Cheers.
Post #: 1
RE: laptop query to run this game - 10/5/2014 8:24:22 AM   
Omat

Hello

As far as I can tell graphic card is not important. When you play against the AI CPU is important. So you do not need a "gaming laptop". This mean often it has a "better" graphic chipset. So focus a little bit more on the processor.

Omat

< Message edited by Omat -- 10/5/2014 9:25:57 AM >

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Bertrand Russell

(in reply to kplusonline)
Post #: 2
RE: laptop query to run this game - 10/5/2014 12:32:32 PM   
Lobster

I wouldn't buy a laptop based on how it performs with one certain game. Go to a local shop or two and tell them what you want it to do. They will point you in the right direction. Or go to Newegg.com and talk to one of their people.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 3
RE: laptop query to run this game - 10/5/2014 3:32:30 PM   
swkuh

I do this game on two different laptops, neither is the "newest" thing around. One quite old (7 yrs?), the other not current (2-3 yrs?.) Neither bought with gaming in mind, only general purposes. Agree that processor speed is principal choice issue. My laptop buys always are always price based, BTW.

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 4
RE: laptop query to run this game - 10/6/2014 7:55:44 PM   
GreenGoblin1898

Getting a laptop with dedicated graphics is usually a good idea, especially if you plan to play other games or watch movies on it.

(in reply to swkuh)
Post #: 5
RE: laptop query to run this game - 10/6/2014 8:25:25 PM   
morvael

Screen resolution is important to fit game on screen. Screen size for comfort. CPU for AI speed. Rest not much.

(in reply to GreenGoblin1898)
Post #: 6
RE: laptop query to run this game - 10/6/2014 9:00:04 PM   
Numdydar

The most important items in a laptop is CPU and graphics card. Memory, hard drives, etc. can all be upgraded, but the CPU and GC cannot. Even if you do not play graphically demanding games, at some point, even 'basic' games may require more graphic HP that what you currently have

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> laptop query to run this game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI