Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: region

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: region Page: <<   < prev  160 161 [162] 163 164   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: region - 9/7/2014 12:05:03 PM   
MAARTENR

Thanx mate!

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 4831
RE: region - 9/10/2014 9:06:14 PM   
Gormadoc

Got it to work on Windows 7 64 bit machine in around a hour, by reading a few post here and the support page on tracker site.

Thanks to everyone and GL on the battlefield

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 4832
Help - 9/16/2014 2:03:13 PM   
wbm4x

I've been able to get Tracker working on my Windows 8 desktop, but can't get it to work with Windows 7 laptop. I've installed jre6 and changed the PATH in the System settings, just as I did for the desktop. But I get the following error:

could not open `C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\amd64\jvm.cfg'

Help!

(in reply to MAARTENR)
Post #: 4833
RE: Help - 9/16/2014 5:51:17 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: wbm4x

I've been able to get Tracker working on my Windows 8 desktop, but can't get it to work with Windows 7 laptop. I've installed jre6 and changed the PATH in the System settings, just as I did for the desktop. But I get the following error:

Help!

Did you install the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Java 6? I ask because my Java 6 files are located in

Program Files (x86)

which is the 32-bit folder tree.

(in reply to wbm4x)
Post #: 4834
RE: Help - 9/16/2014 6:32:18 PM   
wbm4x

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

Help!

Did you install the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Java 6? I ask because my Java 6 files are located in

Program Files (x86)

32-bit, in the (x86) folder.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 4835
RE: Help - 9/16/2014 7:05:29 PM   
witpqs

quote:

quote:

quote:

Help!

Program Files (x86)

But that's not the one being called. It's looking in "C:\Program Files\" etc.

(in reply to wbm4x)
Post #: 4836
hurrahh My tracker is workink after two years - 9/17/2014 8:27:44 AM   
guctony

After Two year with too much trouble with Java. I have a working Tracker. That a lot for tracker again fine work.

But I have request if it is possible to add in future additions a ship compare button just like plane compare between different ships.

"Unless a nation's life faces peril, war is murder."
"Sovereignty is not given, it is taken."
"After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well."
Mustafa Kemal

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 4837
RE: Help - 9/17/2014 3:55:20 PM   
wbm4x

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Help!

Program Files (x86)

But that's not the one being called. It's looking in "C:\Program Files\" etc.

Figured it out. Made sure the .bat file was pointing to the correct location for java. Thanks.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 4838
RE: Help - 10/1/2014 11:35:29 AM   
larryfulkerson

This is the second time I've gotten this Tracker message. Consequtive runnings of Tracker consistently produced this message.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to wbm4x)
Post #: 4839
RE: Help - 10/2/2014 2:24:57 AM   
floydg

I've never seen that message before; maybe it's something in the witptracker.bat file.

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 4840
RE: Help - 10/2/2014 2:57:08 AM   
larryfulkerson

Here's the contents of the nomap batch file, since that's the one I use always.

java -Xms384m -Xmx512m -jar "WitPTracker.jar" nomap
pause

I don't see anything that could produce that message except for the jar file.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 4841
RE: Help - 10/2/2014 3:12:17 AM   
floydg

Try running a Google search on that error message. Could be something specific to your PC environment.

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 4842
RE: Help - 10/3/2014 6:13:06 PM   
RogerJNeilson

Ok I have missed loading the turn before last....

Any way I can get it loaded? Multiturn read pointed at the right directory shows it to be empty. Read text file shows the reports but says the file is the wrong type to load.

Roger

An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 4843
RE: Help - 10/3/2014 10:50:20 PM   
floydg

Unfortunately, no. The history function computed the difference between loaded turns, so there is no going back.

(in reply to RogerJNeilson)
Post #: 4844
RE: Help - 10/4/2014 6:36:22 AM   
RogerJNeilson

Ok thx

Roger

An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 4845
RE: Help - 10/5/2014 6:09:35 PM   
Mac Linehan

Hi, floydg -

Am using tracker with a modded game; and, after loading the first two turns (12/7/41 and 21/8/41) I am getting the following error message:

When loading a Japanese multi turn, an "Error comparing bases (COMPAREBASE_UNEQUALSIZE)"

Additionally,

> the command prompt readout has numerous error messages. Please see the attachment for a partial representation.

> The engine planning pop up does not function.

This mod is a work in progress, I am grateful for any thoughts or comments.

Mac

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Mac Linehan -- 10/5/2014 7:12:29 PM >

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 4846
RE: Help - 10/8/2014 6:43:19 PM   
witpqs

I've put together some of the previous postings about getting Java 6 and getting it running, edited them, and added a bunch of new text. I'll drop it in the next post. Please consider it a Beta post.

Floyd, Damien, if you guys like it, it might be worth popping it on the Tracker web site so people can find it when they first find Tracker.

(in reply to Mac Linehan)
Post #: 4847
RE: Help - 10/8/2014 6:44:36 PM   
witpqs

Getting 32-bit Java 6 Installed for Tracker

From the Oracle web site:
"All Java 6 releases up to and including 6u45 have been moved to the Java Archive on the Oracle Technology Network, where they will remain available but not receive further updates."

I looked through the web site as Oracle said, and found it at this link:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase6-419409.html#jre-6u45-oth-JPR
I am pretty sure it is this installation file (see screenshot at bottom of post):

(jpg file "Java Archive Downloads - Java SE 6_2014-02-10_15-48-01.jpg")

Note: If Oracle rearranges things then you might have to look around to find the right file!

First, get Tracker installed per the Tracker instructions. These instruction assume that you already have Tracker installed.

As far as installation goes, Java 6 does NOT need to be formally installed (by formally installed I mean entered in the Windows Registry and so on). In fact, if you want a more recent version of Java to be installed on your system, then Java 6 must not be formally installed. What you do have to do is have Java 6 present in a folder, and have the .bat file for your game's Tracker to point to Java 6.

Here is the contents of one of my own Tracker .bat files:

quote:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java" -Xms512m -Xmx768m -jar "WitPTracker.jar" nomap
pause

Notice that it does not simply call

quote:

java

Instead it calls

quote:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java"

You see that it specifies exactly where to find the Java 6 executable.

But back to 'how to get Java 6 onto your system'?! One note is this - if you have more recent versions of Java installed, they will occasionally (when they are updated) look for old/obsolete/dangerously insecure versions of Java - and remove them! Because of that, it pays to make a copy of the whole Java 6 folder somewhere else on your hard drive. If you do that, and an update removes Java 6, then you will be able to just copy it back. Or you can just use it from the the copy location (see below).

Basically it works like this. For simplicity I'm explaining it starting from when you have 'no' Java installed. If you already have a more recent version of Java installed, the easiest way to proceed is to uninstall it first, then follow this procedure. You would reinstall your newer version of Java in step 8 of the following procedure.

quote:

1) Install Java 6.
2) Go to the Java folder (inside you will see sub-folders for Java 6 and/or Java 7 and/or Java 8 and so on). Most likely this will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Java.
3) Select the Java 6 folder. Most likely this will be jre6.
4) Type Control-C to copy it (which will copy everything in it, all the way down).
5) Navigate back up to the top level of your C: drive.
6) Type Control-V to paste the copy of the Java 6 folder.
7) Rename the copy folder to "jre6 - Tracker" so that when you look at it a year later you will instantly realize what it is.
8) Install Java 7 (or 8, etc.). Or, if you want no Java at all to be formally installed on your system, just run the uninstall for Java 6. That uninstall will not find the copy that you made.
9) Point your Tracker .bat files to specifically find Java 6. See separate section below.

The key part is that when you install Java 7 (or 8, etc.), it used to leave all the Java 6 files on your disk, but sometimes it will actually remove Java 6. But even if a newer Java leaves Java 6 there, all the 'default pointers' so to speak, now point to Java 7 (or 8, etc.). When Java wants to update, it will be Java 7 (or 8, etc.) that gets updated (there are no more updates for Java 6 now anyway). When something wants 'Java', it will get Java 7 (or 8, etc.). Only things that specifically look for your Java 6 folder (like the Tracker .bat files you modify) will find Java 6.

Now you must modify your .bat file that you are using to run Tracker. If you followed the steps above, you have Java 6 in two locations: one is in Windows Programs area, the other is a second copy in the top level of your C: drive (unless you chose to put that someplace else). By default the .bat file looks for Java 6 like this (I have removed the rest of the command line for clarity).

quote:

java

You are going to change that to look like this:
quote:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java"

Or to look like this:
quote:

"C:\jre6 - Tracker\bin\java"

So now your entire .bat file will look something like this. (This is one of mine, you might have some different switches or options.)
quote:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java" -Xms512m -Xmx768m -jar "WitPTracker.jar" nomap
pause

Or like this.
quote:

"C:\jre6 - Tracker\bin\java" -Xms512m -Xmx768m -jar "WitPTracker.jar" nomap
pause

Either one will work, because you have two copies of Java 6, and you can point to either one. Why have two copies? In case a helpful update from Oracle deletes one of them.

Because uploaded images usually appear at the end of a forum post, here is the screenshot showing the Oracle web site where I found Java 6.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by witpqs -- 10/8/2014 9:33:57 PM >

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 4848
RE: Help - 10/8/2014 11:49:19 PM   
Jones944

Is Tracker being maintained any more? Can we ever expect a Java 7 compatible version?

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 4849
RE: Help - 10/9/2014 1:31:45 AM   
floydg

quote:

I've put together some of the previous postings about getting Java 6 and getting it running, edited them, and added a bunch of new text. I'll drop it in the next post. Please consider it a Beta post.

Floyd, Damien, if you guys like it, it might be worth popping it on the Tracker web site so people can find it when they first find Tracker.

Nice! I'll add it over the weekend.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 4850
RE: Help - 10/9/2014 1:33:11 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jones944

Is Tracker being maintained any more? Can we ever expect a Java 7 compatible version?

Yes, it is still being maintained. We haven't made a release in over a year, but we're still making changes.

Java 7 is more problematic, since apparently there are issues with the pwsdll.dll file, which is Java 6-specific.

(in reply to Jones944)
Post #: 4851
RE: Help - 10/11/2014 10:33:08 PM   
Mac Linehan

witpqs -

Original:
"As far as installation goes, Java 6 does NOT need to be formally installed (by formally installed I mean entered in the Windows Registry and so on). In fact, if you want a more recent version of Java to be installed on your system, then Java 6 must not be formally installed. What you do have to do is have Java 6 present in a folder, and have the .bat file for your game's Tracker to point to Java 6."

This is very useful information, as I have not been certain how to run both Java 6 and 7 on the computer.

Thank you for your help.

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 4852
RE: Help - 10/12/2014 1:24:42 AM   
BattleMoose

Trying to get tracker working.

Get error: Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working.

Java website has assured me I have the recommended Java installed, version 7, update 67.

I don't even know where to begin.

Help?

EDIT: Reading the previous posts points to Java 7.

EDITEDIT: I would recommend editing the installation instructions.

3.Make sure you have the latest version of Java. You can get the latest version here.

< Message edited by BattleMoose -- 10/12/2014 2:32:07 AM >

(in reply to Mac Linehan)
Post #: 4853
RE: Help - 10/12/2014 2:10:06 AM   
BattleMoose

Okay after messing around with Java for ages I have this new error.

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsEceptoin: 0>=0.

Long list of

at java."stuff"

Help?

< Message edited by BattleMoose -- 10/12/2014 3:11:36 AM >

(in reply to BattleMoose)
Post #: 4854
RE: Help - 10/12/2014 2:13:18 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: BattleMoose

Okay after messing around with Java for ages I have this new error.

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsEceptoin: 0>=0.

Long list of

at java."stuff"

Help?

Sorry, instructions weren't updated since before Java 7 was even released.

For this error, try removing all of the trackerdb files, copy the latest pwsdll.dll file from the beta2 folder from the game (replacing what comes with WitPtracker) and try again.

(in reply to BattleMoose)
Post #: 4855
RE: Help - 10/12/2014 3:09:33 AM   
BattleMoose

It worked! Thanks everyone!

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 4856
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 10/15/2014 9:34:18 AM   
steph25

Hello,

I played a bit the game a couple of year ago, and want to start more seriously now.

At the tile I used WitP Staff + Tracker.
I have read Staff is no more supported, and therefore loaded the latest version of Tracker.

Now, I have a very silly issue : Tracker says is doesn't find the WitP rep...

At first I thought it was due to the fact that in the path there was a "e" with an accent (I am bloody french guy and for some reasons I can't really change this path).
Then, I created an "alias" to replace part of the path with a drive letter... Didn't work better.

Then, I tried to move the game to a rep with a path without any accent at all... still not working...

Maybe there is something very stupid..but I can't find the solution...

Did anybody already face such issue or do I really need to challenge my ability to write down a path correctly ?

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 4857
Tracker won't load in a hotseat game - 10/15/2014 11:07:16 AM   
sanderz

Hi

I set up a hot seat game however when i try and load tracker it fails because "game type mismatch - save file says vs ai and properties say pbem"

i set tracker to pbem because i assumed that meant no ai and there is no tracker hotseat option

however the error implies that the WITP:AE save file thinks its an ai game even though it isn't

any thoughts on how to resolve this would be welcome

many thanks

(in reply to steph25)
Post #: 4858
RE: Tracker won't load in a hotseat game - 10/15/2014 1:35:50 PM   
RogerJNeilson

Sanderz, would not pretend to be an expert, but if I recall correctly, the PBEM setting is purely for pbem because this then preserves the game security between players. All other types should be set to AI.....

Roger

(in reply to sanderz)
Post #: 4859
RE: Tracker won't load in a hotseat game - 10/15/2014 2:01:13 PM   
sanderz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Roger Neilson 3

Sanderz, would not pretend to be an expert, but if I recall correctly, the PBEM setting is purely for pbem because this then preserves the game security between players. All other types should be set to AI.....

Roger

thanks roger

you are right and all is working now :)

cheers

(in reply to RogerJNeilson)
Post #: 4860
Page:   <<   < prev  160 161 [162] 163 164   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: region Page: <<   < prev  160 161 [162] 163 164   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI