Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to launch aircraft as a group within mission planner

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> How to launch aircraft as a group within mission planner Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to launch aircraft as a group within mission planner - 10/9/2014 7:01:53 PM   
iGotoSleep

Hi,

As per the title - I know I can group launch multiple aircraft by selecting the airbase and selecting the relevant aircraft there etc.. But how do I do the same within the planner?
If I select multiple aircraft within the planner they all launch as individual groups each with 1 unit in rather than as one group?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: How to launch aircraft as a group within mission pl... - 10/9/2014 7:07:01 PM   
Randomizer

Plan the missions without any aircraft or with the mission inactive. Launch the planes as groups and then allocate the groups to the missions in flight after the have formed up. This makes manual TOT coordination much easier as well.

-C

(in reply to iGotoSleep)
Post #: 2
RE: How to launch aircraft as a group within mission pl... - 10/9/2014 7:11:05 PM   
thewood1

What happens if I set an inflight group to an inactive mission and then the group lands before the mission activates. Will the mission activate?

(in reply to Randomizer)
Post #: 3
RE: How to launch aircraft as a group within mission pl... - 10/9/2014 7:24:32 PM   
Gunner98

If it is a strike mission the AC will launch in groups of identical AC & loadout. You need to be careful with this or you could have a group of 20 - which is too big. So for strike missions parse the target into smaller groups and allocate AC to that smaller mission and your groups should be more manageable.

For Patrol missions - Randomizer has summed up the best way.

thewood - I really don't know. I think the mission will activate but your AC will still have to spend the re-arm time on the ground.

B

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 4
RE: How to launch aircraft as a group within mission pl... - 10/9/2014 7:41:26 PM   
iGotoSleep

quote:

Launch the planes as groups and then allocate the groups to the missions in flight after the have formed up

But if I do this then the planner can't do its 1/3 rule?

What I think would be a good enhancement is to provide the ability to organise my aircraft into groups before they take off. At the moment the only way of grouping aircraft whilst on the ground is by selecting the 'Launch as group'. Grouping is a foundation for mission package design and without that it's a bit of chore to organise that via 'Launch As Group' or grouping whilst in flight.

Cheers.

< Message edited by iGotoSleep -- 10/9/2014 8:45:01 PM >

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 5
RE: How to launch aircraft as a group within mission pl... - 10/9/2014 8:04:42 PM   
Gunner98

quote:

What I think would be a good enhancement is to provide the ability to organise my aircraft into groups before they take off.

Agree. And with the number of things which have improved over th past year is an indicator, it may well happen.

b

(in reply to iGotoSleep)
Post #: 6
RE: How to launch aircraft as a group within mission pl... - 10/9/2014 8:43:34 PM   
mikmykWS

It's on ze list.

Mike

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> How to launch aircraft as a group within mission planner Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI