Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How well does this game model the actual SCW?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> España: 1936 >> How well does this game model the actual SCW? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How well does this game model the actual SCW? - 10/6/2014 6:52:39 PM   
berto

With recent patches, does this game manage to simulate continous, non-porous, static front lines? (Are recent adjustments to TEAW being retro-fitted to Espana?) Or is the action anachronistically overly fluid, more akin to that in earlier period, pre 20th century AGEOD games (ACW, ROP, etc.)?

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
Post #: 1
RE: How well does this game model the actual SCW? - 10/7/2014 8:20:18 PM   
Emx77

I would like to get answer to these questions too. Now, when game is on sale, I'm considering buying it. However, low forum activity is rising concerns.

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 2
RE: How well does this game model the actual SCW? - 10/11/2014 4:59:01 PM   
altipueri

It is a sort of port of RUS - Revolution Under Siege.

I just bought it because I liked Beevor's book, I go to Spain quite often, and I like that this was pretty much a one man effort, and it doesn't cost much more than a couple of pizzas.

But I doubt it will get the enhancements berto wants.

There is a Spanish Civil War scenario in Hearts of Iron, and I think there was one done for Advanced Tactics if it is just the setting you are interested in.

(in reply to Emx77)
Post #: 3
RE: How well does this game model the actual SCW? - 10/12/2014 2:49:46 AM   
Dorb

Not sure they have ever done any patches on the game, so not sure it gets much support.

(in reply to altipueri)
Post #: 4
RE: How well does this game model the actual SCW? - 10/12/2014 3:02:56 AM   
Symple

Actually, several patches. You may need to check the AGEOD forum as I do not think they have appeared on the Matrix forum.

This game is a solid simulation of the events and conditions of the Spanish Civil War. So good use of trenches, but also fluid, if you will.

There is low forum activity, but do not use this to judge the game. It is simply not the American Civil War nor World War II. Good topic, but off the main stream.

I am not actually familiar with Berto's critique of ROP and such as being too fluid. To me they are too static. In Espana, the historical entrenchments of Madrid and several northern cities add deep defenses.

(in reply to Dorb)
Post #: 5
RE: How well does this game model the actual SCW? - 10/12/2014 10:00:18 AM   
Gizuria

quote:

However, low forum activity is rising concerns.

Ha. AGEOD gamers tend to play their games rather than post about them.

(in reply to Symple)
Post #: 6
RE: How well does this game model the actual SCW? - 10/12/2014 1:44:01 PM   
Templer_12

España: 1936 is a very well-made little game and over all it is an excellent and a cost-effective way to get to know and enter the AGEOD game system.

(in reply to Gizuria)
Post #: 7
RE: How well does this game model the actual SCW? - 10/14/2014 6:36:29 PM   
bacurson

I just bought this game via the Matrix sale ... what a nice find. I really did not know much about this period of history and the game now has me so immersed that I am reading some background history.

It is hard to understand why this game stayed under the radar and did not sell better. It is well constructed with a scale that is not exhaustive but with a very good game play depth of logic.

I highly recommend it and hope that this game's threads see more activity in the future.

< Message edited by bcurson -- 10/14/2014 7:37:33 PM >

(in reply to Templer_12)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> España: 1936 >> How well does this game model the actual SCW? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI